Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,855 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

In Biafra, Africa Died - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Biafra, Africa Died (1141 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested For Including Kogi In Biafra- Kogi Group / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle / Any deltan That Believes In Biafra, is Not A Deltan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Biafra, Africa Died by stevejomo(m): 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2018
I got this from David o ani wall please take your time and read to the end.
Igbonekwu Ogazimorah wrote , and I concur:
"Are you serious? Ndigbo aloof to Benue killings!"
As deaths are now common in Nigeria and we can hardly say which part has had more,
we have gradually descending to a state of shock-resistence - say impervious - over the general pains in the country.
But the recent killing in Benue, particularly the mowing down of two priests/priest-staff and 13 other villagers,
have brought some curious addition.
The spokesman of the Catholic Church in Makurdi has brought a weighty allegation agains the Igbo.
According to reports, he said that while the further North enjoyed it and,
actually wanted a continuation of the killings, to complete Jihadist conquering program started in 1804,
Ndigbo, the neighbour on the South East of the national flank had become aloof.
He even had a reason he thinks that created the cold attitude.
He went back to the very high contribution of the Benue - Middle Belt, A.K.A Tiv Infantry - in stopping the Igbo from
seeking reddress in the aftermath of the waves of progroms that followed the overthrow of General Ironsi.
To be fair to him, he did not add that the Igbo, if ever they had collectively agreed to be aloof,
were irked by the repeated reminder of the facts that Yakubu Gowon, TY Danjuma, Martin Adamu, Gibson Jalo,
and many other minors actually planned the extermination of the Igbo in their so called revenge coup.
But that is not even the matter here.
My worry is why the Benue people, or the Catholic Church in the region, decided to bring the Igbo into this unhappy development.
Is it blackmail? Another ploy to get the Igbo to act so they would be further pummelled? That is causing them to carry the watering can?
Is it a recourse to the known tactics of other Nigerians in finding the Igbo a scape goat and unifying reason?
At least, we know, and as penned by Achebe, the only thing or incidence, in which Nigerians find unity, with passion, with gusto,
with desire to show, was in their united hatred of the Igbo.
Warning me to keep off one line of argument once, a Facebook friend simply told me that even as the killings were going on,
the average Middle Belt Man, if asked, will still boldly tell you that his problem in Nigeria is the Igbo man.
Against this background, it is a wonder what the reverend gentleman expected the Igbo to do,
other than to pray for them and hope they would wake up to hold their own end of stick one day.
Now, take a little step backward.
Recall one of the reasons Major Chris Anuforo gave for joining the coup of January 15, 1966, especially in killing Yakubu Pam.
Tiv soldiers - the famed Tiv Infantry - obeying orders of Pam, of Zakari Maimalari, who in turn was obeying the orders of Premier
Ahmadu Bello, exhibited the worst of unprofessional conducts in putting down the native Tivs,
who, on the prompting and conscentisation of Joseph Tarka, had risen against Northern establishment brutality.
Anuforo, an Igbo man, brilliant army Major, with glorious future ahead of him, sacrificed the best of his life, career,
happiness of his family, etc, because of his feeling of compassion for the Tivs.
Now, how did Anuforo fare eventually? He was abducted from Ilesha prison on July 29, 1966, tortured and buried alive,
by Middle Belt officers, all in the revenge exercise they embarked on.
The space is just narrow, and i cannot begin to recount all the Igbo did in protection of others but which turned as the nemesis of the Igbo.
To worsen matters, an act of a single Igbo man is considered an act of the whole Igbo for which they will take severe punishments.
To be frank, the core Middle Belt, and i mean the core - not the colonial Caliphate outposts - have shown capacity for courage to differ.
Tarka did. Dimka did. Nasarawa did. Zamani Lekwot did. Gideon Gwarzo Okar did. They are many.
But the questions remain, why have they always failed to make a point?
Why have they always turned the gun on themselves?
The boldest was Major Okar, but unfortunately, no Middle Belter has demanded or even mildly asked why Okar went that far.
That extent of excising the North West and North East from Nigeria?
It frightens that Nigerians are indeed cowed, as cowards.
Today, TY Danjuma is callin on people to resort to self help. Many have claimed he said it because his Oil mining Licence,
OML, is not being renewed. Others reason that his was a tactless outburst.
But i ask, why is it that Danjuma, so experienced and involved, as he is, hardly understands that no answer lies in what he proffers?
Why is he so scared of using the word "restructuring"?
The frustrated Reverend gentleman in Makurdi understands the history of his profession. Makurdi, he knows,
was created out of Eke Parish in present day Enugu State. He was not mistaken in directing his appeal for help.
But who would expect this appeal or is it blackmail to make any impact with a people so terribly traumatised as the Igbo.
Had Makurdi, Oturkpo and Idah parishes, now great dioceses, recollected that they were offshoots of Eke Parish since 1910,
perhaps, the pogroms of 1966 would have been lighter. Perhaps, also, the carnage of the war, 1967 - 1970, would have been less.
But these are in the painful past.
Fact is that there is no end to the jihadist killings. Not just in Benue State but every part of Nigeria.
Jihadists know no end to warring. They even war against themselves. They fear no State.
And the way Nigeria is structured, the sky is their limit. Every field must be covered.
In his book, "In Biafra, Africa Died" Emefiena Echezona, caught the point. By collectively putting down Biafra without addressing
the issues that led to the war, Africa has been thrown into this bondage that has no end in sight.
The entire Nigerians were hilarious when Gowon promulgated his Decree No. 8, in 1967, removing in its entirety the
negotiated autonomy of the regional administrations. Even Ironsi's Decree 34, which Gowon abrogated with Decree 9 of August 30, 1966,
never contemplated tampering with the autonomy of the Regions. But Nigerians were all singing 'yo-yo-yo-yo, because they,
in their ignorance believed the Igbo were the targets.
Nigerians also chorused eureka when he, Gowon, added Decree No. 14, balkanising the regions into 12 states.
Now, haven't the chicken come home to roost?
Our hearts bleed that innocent villagers and parishioners are murdered by the snap of the finger by strange killers.
It is more painful that not a single perpetrator has been punished.
But it is really worrisome to the Igbo that as the resumed 1804 Jihad gathers momentum, Igbo land is certainly in the line of second fire.
Let he who has ears hear: a continental Jihadist Army is on the march!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by archangel1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2018
Karma is a bastard

2 Likes

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by justtoodark: 10:31pm On Apr 26, 2018
oyyyy,here we go again....buhuhuhu....

is not only africa that died....the ol world died.....

anu mkpama.....

1 Like

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by TributeLifeStyl: 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hmmm
Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by TributeLifeStyl: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
Hmmm lets ride on
Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by PointZerom: 11:01pm On Apr 26, 2018
justtoodark:
oyyyy,here we go again....buhuhuhu....

is not only africa that died....the ol world died.....

anu mkpama.....

Why are you pained?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by justtoodark: 11:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
PointZerom:

Why are you pained?

am not pained....??...

the title of the thread is just bullshitt.....

1 Like

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by justtoodark: 11:46pm On Apr 26, 2018
you people should get over this biafra thing and move on.....
Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by justtoodark: 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2018
some igbo candidates for president have already showed interest....than make una introduce this igbos to us,so that we can rally after him or her,una said no,the world died in biafra.....you igbos are una own headaches.........

1 Like

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by Nobody: 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
justtoodark:
you people should get over this biafra thing and move on.....
why are you obsessing over everything Igbo and keeping quiet about the genocide in Benue

cc lzaa onyeoga shallysgirl

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by justtoodark: 11:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
immhotep:

why are you obsessing over everything Igbo and keeping quiet about the genocide in Benue

i dont understand you......

heyyyy...dont call shallysgirl,she will love to beat me up.....

ohh my.....

me and igbo deltans not good...they cant understand that a deltan dont want biafra like them.....
Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 27, 2018
justtoodark:

i dont understand you......

heyyyy...dont call shallysgirl,she will love to beat me up.....

ohh my.....

me and igbo deltans not good...they cant understand that a deltan dont want biafra like them.....
Keep dreaming of one Nigger Area.
Herdsmen will help to reset your brain.

lzaa onyeoga shallysgirl

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by LZAA: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2018
immhotep:
Keep dreaming of one Nigger Area. Herdsmen will help to reset your brain.
lzaa onyeoga shallysgirl
grin grin
Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by LZAA: 9:43am On Apr 27, 2018
immhotep:

we the south south grin
Re: In Biafra, Africa Died by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2018
LZAA:

we the south south grin
We-the-south-south-crew

cc onyeoga shallysgirl

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Offa Robbery: Police Nab Dismissed SARS Personnel Declared Wanted / Card Reader: Fayose Confronts INEC, Police, DSS With Video Evidence / Re: Nigerians Drag Vp Osinbajo, Rename Him ‘minister Of Condolences And Tragedy’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.