Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,538 members, 7,812,668 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa (45130 Views)

Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter / Road Permits: Traveller Complains Of Having To Get Over 80 From Delta To Anambra / Tasty Foods For The Northern Nigeria Traveller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Festacbreed(m): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2018

aysnoopy:
Ajala my nigga.

You no the guy before??. How him take be your nigga!

1 Like

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 27, 2018
seguno2:

Is that why he chose the bookkeeper as finance minister who cannot add up two numbers together?
They have doubled our loans in three years with no project to show while shouting that they are fighting corruption!
The dullard must be more comfortable around dullards like himself. That way, he doesn’t risk anyone outshining his dullard self.
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!
i hear she was selling akara before.
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by aribisala0(m): 7:39am On Apr 27, 2018
Randy100:
Went to study medicine and ended up in psychology. Fooled himself in America and came back and died like a pauper. He is very unambitious.
Wherever you find bad mouth don't look far you will find Ibos

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by santricedupas(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2018
God go punish am, u have opportunity to travel go usa, Australia, na Keke vespa u dey ride up and down, instead he should be hustling to make both dollars from jobs, he now came back to naaija poor and die poor in a rented apartment. god punish mumuism
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by jegz25(m): 7:41am On Apr 27, 2018
skales67:
The former Ajala is even better. At least he had a message behind his tours which was to enlighten the whites that Africans were not primitive as it was thought. But what did the current Ajala do? Went there to first of all call Nigerians "criminals" and now our youths "Lazy"...

May the current Ajala's end be worse than the former Ajala.
may yours also end worse than the one you are wishing him. Amen
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by farem: 7:42am On Apr 27, 2018
Randy100:
Went to study medicine and ended up in psychology. Fooled himself in America and came back and died like a pauper. He is very unambitious.

Hmm the only thing a Sad-u-see can see

1 Like

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by shaybebaby(f): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2018
Randy100:
Might I ask what you are known for right now? What exactly have you achieved that gives you the right to make such pronouncement?
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Randy100: 7:56am On Apr 27, 2018
aribisala0:

farem:

Hmm the only thing a Sad-u-see can see
Don't have time for emotional disgrunted people. I am not here to please you.
shaybebaby:

Might I ask what you are known for right now? What exactly have you achieved that gives you the right to make such pronouncement?
Don't have time for emotional disgrunted people. I am not here to please you.
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Rockyrascal(m): 8:00am On Apr 27, 2018
I thought this phrase “Ajala the traveller” was associated with president buhari? But in which ever way buhari remains the irrefutable Ajala the traveller. grin
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Romanciella(f): 8:08am On Apr 27, 2018
Wow
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Sparkle777(f): 8:08am On Apr 27, 2018
Boyooosa:
Thanks for sharing @op, I never thought Ajala ever existed. I was thinking he was a folklore story just like The Drummer Boy or Ali and the Forty Thieves.

Lol, actually drummer boy was real. He lived in Lagos. Ajala had many children whom he abandoned, in fact he denied paternity to one and left for 23 yrs. He married loads of women during his travels. Seems a case of karma. He should have stuck to medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by skales67(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2018
jegz25:
may yours also end worse than the one you are wishing him. Amen

May the fate that befalls the victims of Fulani herdsmen befall thee. AMEN!
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by olanshi: 8:15am On Apr 27, 2018

Up School! Up Baptacad!!
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by godfatherx: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Now you know the story... Lalasticlala, over to you

See more of his pictures here..

https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/04/ajala-traveller-popular-nigerian.html

The more popular song about Ajala is the one sang by Ebenezer Obey, but are you aware that Late Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister sang a song about him?

Ajala & Barrister were somewhat friends / business partner (promoter-musician kind) / social outings associates, but later fell out with one another, there's so much to the story than was made public anyway.

Barrister sang in an attempt to insult him -
"ise lo mu omode gun keke,
(poverty is what makes a child ride bicycle)
Lati eko lo s'Amerika,
(from Lagos to America)
To tun lo si Canada
(even up to Canada)
Towa fi travel around the world,
(to the extent he travels around the world)
Nibiti concorde gbe wa,
(where we have the concorde)
747 o wa loke
(when there's Boeing 747 in the skies)
Jumbo jet o wa loke
(when there's jumbo jet in the skies)
First class lo wun emi Ayinde,
(I Ayinde want to fly first class)
Jumbo jet lo wun emi omo Agbajelola.. ."
(I the child of Agbajelola want jumbo jet)

Though he didn't actually mention his name but it's easy to know he was referring to Ajala if you listen to the entire song.

6 Likes

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by desgiezd(m): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2018
Whaoo! Never knew the man traveled this much, I also didn't know he was this famous.

Ajala traveled all over the world, Ajala traveled all over the world, Ajala traveled, Ajala traveled, Ajala traveled all over the world!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Funjosh(m): 8:34am On Apr 27, 2018
More of news like this. Thanks OP.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Toosure70: 8:34am On Apr 27, 2018
Afonja descendants are great. proudly afonja.
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 27, 2018
Obierika:

How will it add up when the idiot does not even know simple arithmetic
Simple arithmetic is even hard, he doesn't even know the name of his party or vp.
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 27, 2018
Boyooosa:
Thanks for sharing @op, I never thought Ajala ever existed. I was thinking he was a folklore story just like The Drummer Boy or Ali and the Forty Thieves.
The drummer boy is real too. Search for it on Google. His history too made front page last year.
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by babatee1985(m): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2018
skales67:
The former Ajala is even better. At least he had a message behind his tours which was to enlighten the whites that Africans were not primitive as it was thought. But what did the current Ajala do? Went there to first of all call Nigerians "criminals" and now our youths "Lazy"...

May the current Ajala's end be worse than the former Ajala.
Amin loruko ti baba, Ati omo, Ati emi mimo.... lola bisimilahi ramoni raheem... eri wo yaa..
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by aysnoopy(m): 9:53am On Apr 27, 2018
Festacbreed:

You no the guy before??. How him take be your nigga!
why you wan sabi everything?
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by dataking: 10:03am On Apr 27, 2018
Randy100:
I think I got what you are saying sha but my question to you is how did he actually help himself and people around him? Don't tell me he was preaching about our culture to foreigners.

Just shut up educated illiterate. Must you be a medical doctor in order to be called a success. So many Doctors have even been a minus to society. Even those without education left indelible marks that they are remembered for. Paper certificate hawker.
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by agarawu23(m): 10:30am On Apr 27, 2018

It is sad to know that the once world-famous Ajala the traveler died a poor man on the 2nd of February, 1999 at the General Hospital, Ikeja as a result of paralysis from a stroke. However, he has found a place for his name in the history of Nigeria and the world.

Sad ending. angry Did he ate with all his hands while making 300$ per week in Us then? That's a big money in the 90s

1 Like

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by unknownsolja: 11:16am On Apr 27, 2018
the new ajala is currently in aso rock now
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Emeraldluv(f): 11:20am On Apr 27, 2018
Wow, thought the the saying Ajala travel all over the country was just a folklore

1 Like

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Boyooosa(m): 11:37am On Apr 27, 2018
sexybbstar:

The drummer boy is real too. Search for it on Google. His history too made front page last year.
Like seriously? OK o, what of Ali o?
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Litmus: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2018
First time I've heard of this person and I'm enriched a little further today than yesterday,so thanks for the post, op. In my defence, I find that I have much in common with the majority of Nigerians in that we are generally ignorant about Nigeria, which I attribute not only to omissions in structure of education adopted by leadership. These omissions run through the blueprint - if any- drawn up by our leaders for how and what they want Nigeria to become – all evident in the peoples ignorances, treasons and national failures. One of the ironies of this situation, as it strikes me now ( it always has actually)is that Nigerians and Nigeria have barley worked at the the things required to create a Nation and they allready want to give up and run away.

We are like prospective farmers taken on the backs of a lorry past landscapes resplendent with all sort of well-kept farm holdings. The road is winding, on all sides spreads imagination and ingenuity: there are cattle farms, fruit farms, vegetable farms, mixed farms; strange windmill farms, river farms, farms that combine fairgrounds and agriculture, holiday homes and wheat. In short the journey screams, “BE INSPIRED”!

Finlay, our prospective farmers are driven to the land for their prospective farm. Before them lie fertile acres of land overgrown by wild vegetation (this wild vegetation, incidently, evident of the soils richness). The Farmers disembark from the lorry, take one look at the wild landscape and begin to complain,comparing , unfavourably, that which is in front of them with that past on the way here. Eventually, moaning and complaining every step of the way, they clear wild vegetations from the top of land not bothering with the roots underground. They sow their seeds and leave, grumbling and muttering cusses under their breath. When they return to the land, in the relevant time period demanded by their seeds, a horror meets their gaze. Uneven plants rear up between weeds, rats scurry in the undergrowth, crows weigh down further broken and tried stems, and a sky of deep reds and dark greys sits in the background overlooking it all. Shortly the lazy farmers begin to cuss the land, the land giver, the fates and in fact anything cussable except their own lazy and uninvolved efforts.

End of epistle grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by Karufi: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the OP I never heard the story of Ajala travelled
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by ashiwaju11(m): 4:25am On Jun 23, 2020
Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing
Re: Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa by hollah123: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2020
aribisala0:

insult is their greatest weapon,just do them one small thing now n they start calling UN, USA, FIFA, NFA n d likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Swiss Official Wants To Stop Nigerians From Traveling Abroad Completely / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS / Toyota Venza Rammed Into Lady’s Shop In Asaba. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.