Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter (32316 Views)

31 Roads In Lagos And The Famous Nigerians They Were Named After / 31 Roads In Lagos And The Famous Nigerians They Were Named After / Meet Ajala The Traveller: A Nigerian Traveller Who Toured The World On A Vespa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Racoon(m): 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2023
Date: 12th August 1957

(Photo Credit: by Daily Express/Pictorial Parade/Archive Photos/Getty Images

Nigerian student Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala wearing an agbada and an Igbo Ozo cap, sits astride the motor scooter on which he is making a round-the-world trip, in Berlin, Germany. Ajala's trip is set to take him through Poland to Moscow and onto Beijing, with the countries visited written on the scooter's bodywork.

At the time this photo was taken, Olabisi Ajala was 28 years old, as a student in the US, he battled with depression and attempted suicide twice, but took fate into his own hands. Ajala lived his life on the edge.

He was a journalist, travel writer, actor, and later Lagos socialite. He is famous for being a globe-trotter, with escapades in Israel, Egypt, Palestine, India, the United States, and elsewhere. His only published book, which covered his travel adventures, was titled An African Abroad published in 1963.

On April 27, 1957, Àjàlá began a trip "around the world" from London. These would form the basis for his 1963 biography called "An African Abroad", with an introduction by Tom Mboya. He planned to visit forty countries. Àjàlá had visited India, the Soviet Union, Iran, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, Egypt, and finally, Australia. He travelled round all of them on his Vespa scooter, which had famous autographs of the famous people he had met.

On his journey around the world, he met many more, among whom were Jawaharlal Nehru, Golda Meir, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, Gamal Abdel Nasser, The Shah of Iran, and Nikita Khrushchev. He also visited Poland, Germany, Prague, Czechoslovakia, Austria, Yugoslavia, Albania, Bulgaria, Rumani, Hungary, and Turkey

While living in Lagos, Àjàlá suffered a stroke in the early days of 1999 around and did not receive adequate care. He died on February 2, 1999.

#ASIRIMagazineAT10 #digitalastorytelling #AjalaOlabisi #nigeriahistorymatters #yorubaculture #historymatters #nigeria #digitalarchives #culture #educationmatters
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02EAqPStsUctQT5GgqXX95QKYFkboEmU6u9FhztxuzRKEVagoLqnupi7izK2GqGfnal&id=100064471218883&post_id=100064471218883_pfbid02EAqPStsUctQT5GgqXX95QKYFkboEmU6u9FhztxuzRKEVagoLqnupi7izK2GqGfnal&mibextid=Nif5oz

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by slivertongue: 2:02pm On Nov 09, 2023
ajala the traveler

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Obakoolex(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
grin Only heard the song from Ebenezer Obey..... never knew he was mid - last century man!
Thought he happened in the very early 1901.

Lemme go and whine my friend Ajala grin

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Yankiss(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2023
This man broke records. I still remember the popular song, Ajala Travelled round the world! waxed in his name. Is this feat possible today with insecurity all over the world and terrorists planted in every corner. He would have been kidnapped for ransom somewhere. grin

91 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by salbis(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2023
Wow, i now know better.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by woleabayo(f): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Aareakinwunmi(m): 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
The Scooter really did wonders

8 Likes

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Emmastan291: 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
Pray for Imo and Kogi State tomorrow

10 Likes

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by FreeStuffsNG: 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2023
That song by Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey for him ehn. Ajala Travel All Over The Worldgrin Check my signature for free stuffs!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by ronalmagic10(m): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ajala is greater than ojukwu

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Janetjim1: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2023
OMO, The famous AJALA The Traveler.

My signature makes sense.

5 Likes

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by robinfemi: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ajala (de walker walker), insult of olden days cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Dittodat: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
I dated his most beautiful daughter years back. Beautiful, B. She ended marrying a super star.
You know who I'm talking about if you know her.i won't mention name. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by 5ThChild: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Former President Buhari tried to compete with this man during his first 4 years

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by ayandee: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
He saw the world. He lived a good life doing what he loved. Not many people get that chance.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Haveyoueatentod: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by lokotamak(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
grin
Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by cmikel: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2023
Those days wen borders respected nigeria

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by lokotamak(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Ajala the traveller.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by bosschinalu(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
Make I no talk about Ajala
Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by atobs4real(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2023
See our celebrity back then

6 Likes

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by atobs4real(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2023
See our celebrity back then
Life is evolving and we must follow suit

3 Likes

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Nahunger(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
grin
Buhari ti take over
Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by illicit(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2023
Died broke and broken

😞

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by Haveyoueatentod: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
Dittodat:
I dated his most beautiful daughter years back. Beautiful, B. She ended marrying a super star.
You know who I'm talking about if you know her.i won't mention name. grin
Nice baby mama/wife grin
Re: Moshood Adisa Olabisi Ajala - The Famous Globetrotter by owem19(m): 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2023
Modified buhari the traveler
slivertongue:
ajala the traveler

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Christmas Strolls In London / The Idanre Hill Climbing Competition In Pictures (PHOTOS) / Timi Dakolo & Wife Escaped Bayelsa Helicopter Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.