Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

External Graphics Card? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / External Graphics Card? (1195 Views)

250gb External Harddisc Loaded With Ps3 Games / Desktop With 6g Dedicated Nvidia Graphics Card For Sale(SOLD) / Build Your Gaming PC Or Upgrade Your Graphics Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

External Graphics Card? by kevinmanuel: 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
HI,

So I have just ordered the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, and I can not find anything on the internet of anyone attaching (and using) an external GPU to the Raspberry. I know a lot of people who have posted about an External Graphics card have said its "theoretically" possible to hook one up to the little microcomputer but the code to get it working would be a nightmare. I was just curious if anyone has or considered putting an external graphics card on the Raspberry Pi 2. I know the first two models were unable to run too terribly high definition games but the main purpose of my mini project is to get League of Legends to run on the little guy! The other problems I could think of is bottle-necking the graphics or simply not having enough "computer" to properly run the GPU.I know windows 10 will be coming out soonish (already signed up for the dev program and i am hoping with the ability to run a watered down version of windows that there might also be the possibility to play League on the rasp.I really do not know what I am asking but maybe someone could shed some light on any of this being possible

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99290
Digital production company

Thanks!
Re: External Graphics Card? by SavageMajor(m): 11:20pm On May 03, 2018
Pi is sure complicated bro
kevinmanuel:
HI,

So I have just ordered the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, and I can not find anything on the internet of anyone attaching (and using) an external GPU to the Raspberry. I know a lot of people who have posted about an External Graphics card have said its "theoretically" possible to hook one up to the little microcomputer but the code to get it working would be a nightmare. I was just curious if anyone has or considered putting an external graphics card on the Raspberry Pi 2. I know the first two models were unable to run too terribly high definition games but the main purpose of my mini project is to get League of Legends to run on the little guy! The other problems I could think of is bottle-necking the graphics or simply not having enough "computer" to properly run the GPU.I know windows 10 will be coming out soonish (already signed up for the dev program and i am hoping with the ability to run a watered down version of windows that there might also be the possibility to play League on the rasp.I really do not know what I am asking but maybe someone could shed some light on any of this being possible

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=99290
Digital production company

Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PC Gaming: How To Activate Cheats In Halo Game / PS3 Slim For Sale / Download Dls 2023 Mod Apk + Obb + Mod Menu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.