Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,764 members, 7,820,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija (2679 Views)

These Pictures Will Make You Miss Owerri / UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / 11 Things Lagosians Will Not Miss About “danfo” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Holocene(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
The quest to leave Nigeria is so strong attimes that we feel we might never miss anything from the motherland. However after sometime we quietly miss some stuffs which can only be seen back home.

I miss:
Suya
Pumpkin leaf soup
Over-speeding on the highway without thinking of speed cops lurking to give you a ticket
Legend Extra stout�

I dont however miss the way naija girls ask for transport fare each time they visit...lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Jewelnutch: 2:41pm On Apr 27, 2018
Crap
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nothing absolutely nothing

As in if there was a word less nothing than nothing
Then that would be it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Mariangeles(f): 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
lestat:
Nothing absolutely nothing

As in if there was a word less nothing than nothing
Then that would be it

....then it's either you're still in naija or you just traveled out cool

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Apart from my family and friends back home, honestly nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by chukxie(m): 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
I miss agoin beans with agege bread.
I miss my mom's cooking.
I miss the fish and chips in Abuja.
I miss the gra~gra in 9ja especially in Lasgidi.
I miss my fam there.

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mariangeles:
....then it's either you're still in naija or you just traveled out cool
go and come regularly for over 10 years bro

In naija currently, and I say it again I kiss nothing. You won't understand
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Mariangeles(f): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
lestat:
go and come regularly for over 10 years bro

In naija currently, and I say it again I kiss nothing. You won't understand

There must be something you miss when you travel, you're probably just too angry to admit it...

Our guy that finally traveled to Turkey after so many failed attempts told boys he was coming home to visit after less than a year of staying... grin
Boys be like "come naija come do wetin...aboy you better stay there first" grin baba had no choice but to stay put...boys have spoken grin
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Mariangeles(f): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
chukxie:
I miss my mom's cooking.
I miss my fam there.
A million likes to this comment cool

1 Like

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mariangeles:
There must be something you miss when you travel, you're probably just too angry to admit it...

What I miss is life out there, my condo, my car, my friends , my favorite bar, comicon, fast internet , clean environment, civilized people, a society that works, excellent health care. A Congress man that actually respects people in his ward, a government that realizes how powerful the people are. Good food, I mean really good food. A powerful currency

I could go on and on. Anyone who lives and travels regularly can't ever say there's anything they miss here beyond the negatives, cutting taxes, avodimimg paying for services, police that you can control with money etc these are not things a.normal well adjusted adult should miss

So once again there's nothing to be missed about Nigeria

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Mariangeles(f): 3:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
lestat:

What I miss is life out there, my condo, my car, my friends , my favorite bar, comicon, fast internet , clean environment, civilized people, a society that works, excellent health care. A Congress man that actually respects people in his ward, a government that realizes how powerful the people are. Good food, I mean really good food. A powerful currency

I could go on and on. Anyone who lives and travels regularly can't ever say there's anything they miss here beyond the negatives, cutting taxes, avodimimg paying for services, police that you can control with money etc these are not things a.normal well adjusted adult should miss

Okay!
After all said and done, there's no place like home...and Nigeria is the only place on earth you can truly call home

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Holocene(m): 4:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
chukxie:
I miss my mom's cooking.
I miss my fam there.

Lol....your mind de there jare.

No matter how much naija is screwed, we all have some childhood fantasies which we miss

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Holocene(m): 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Its crazy how little kids here shout and make a fool of themselves, but in naija, one hot slap from mama will reset to factory setting...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Holocene(m): 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
lestat:

Bros you de vex oh. Dont you miss the fact that naija police will always coect bribe rather than issue you a ticket which will screw up your insurance fees

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by chukxie(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2018
Holocene:

Lol....your mind de there jare.

No matter how much naija is screwed, we all have some childhood fantasies which we miss

You're right. Whenever I travel to 9ja, the first thing I usually do after passing through security at Lagos airport is to buy one meatpie and a chilled bottle of Maltina at any of the shops at the arrival area. After welcoming myself to 9ja through the meatpie and Maltina ritual, I'll step outside into the scorching heat, and inhale a lungful of the Lasgidi air before heading home. There's something bizarrely refreshing to me about the air in Lasgidi. The satisfaction I derive from my two rituals is priceless.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
My grandma efo riro. Leaf vegies soup � �

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Mille: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
For those saying they miss nothing, your lives back in Naija must have been pretty depressing for you.

I miss a lot. Especially the food and the women smiley

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by HeWrites(m): 5:02pm On Apr 27, 2018
I MISSED my flight back to Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by cutieme(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2018
Me I miss the bursting down there ,I miss my garri,akara and much more.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Holocene(m): 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Mille:
For those saying they miss nothing, your lives back in Naija must have been pretty depressing for you.

I miss a lot. Especially the food and the women smiley

Bad guy...naija girls de give headache but dem no sabi say no. I hate having to ask for oral consent first before i chop my okro soup

1 Like

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by femo86(m): 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2018
Just came back from my holiday in Nigeria........

I missed calling Mustapha...come go buy card and fuel for me
I missed Iya Shakira buka......chai, so many fuku, shaki and inu eran
I missed my mum's food
I missed all the gra-gra.....danfo, agbero, maruwa, etc

I missed every every but......... grin grin grin I love my life at my present location jare
God bless Nigeria
God bless Merkel

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by smoothvee(m): 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
femo86:

I missed my mum's food

I missed every every but......... grin grin grin I love my life at my present location jare
God bless Nigeria
God bless Merkel

Deutsche land one way!
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by peacengine(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
For my bro, he always buys Ijebu garri and beans, plus Ankara material when he lands.
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Unlimited22: 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
HeWrites:
I MISSED flight back to Nigeria.
Nice pun wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by kenevision(m): 5:56pm On Apr 29, 2018
HeWrites:
I MISSED my flight back to Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin grin

Aren't you supposed to be a comedian bro? I mean how else can one attain this level of savagery if not through hardcore comedy

cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by HeWrites(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
kenevision:

grin grin grin grin grin

Aren't you supposed to be a comedian bro? I mean how else can one attain this level of savagery if not through hardcore comedy

cheesy grin cheesy grin

Lol cheesy
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Holocene(m): 7:51pm On Apr 29, 2018
femo86:

I missed my mum's food

God bless Nigeria
God bless Merkel

The first thing i will do is to chop the leaf wrapped rice they sell. That rice de burst my brain. Followed by correct goat meat peppersoup....

Chooii...see as i de torture myself thinking about food

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by peacengine(m): 8:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
Holocene:

The first thing i will do is to chop the leaf wrapped rice they sell. That rice de burst my brain. Followed by correct goat meat peppersoup....

Chooii...see as i de torture myself thinking about food

I just came back from my villa bro, the kain bush meat, goat pepper soup and palm wine wen I drink no get duplicate grin
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by drakeli: 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
NOTHING
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by peacengine(m): 8:34pm On Apr 29, 2018
drakeli:
NOTHING

You miss Nigerian company, if not, you won't hang out here. You will be around people of your new country but since you de show here regularly, you de miss us die. Guy, if something carry you here in future, I'm willing to take you to my villa for some bush meat and chilled palm wine, you won't forget that trip.
Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by NoLotty7(m): 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
Oboy,na fufu and egusi soup.once l land na to head to the nearest buka first.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Based Nigerian, What Do You Miss About Naija by Nobody: 3:20am On Apr 30, 2018
The imperfect perfectness of Nigeria is what I miss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Points To Consider Before And After Japa Expedition / Honeymoon Areas In Uyo, Akwaibom State / Will You Relocate Abroad If You Have This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.