Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary (17007 Views)

Ibrahim Tumsah Musa: The Most Corrupt Civil Servant, Richer Than 4 Governors / Kogi Government Declares Monday Public Holiday To Pray For Buhari As He Returns / Dino Melaye Holds A Protest Against Yahaya Bello Led Kogi Government (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by emmalezy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2018

The National Industrial Court, Abuja, on Friday ordered the Kogi Government to pay a civil servant, Ameh Onoj, whose salary was stopped in March 2014.

Onoja had approached the court to seek redress when he was told that his salary was stopped because he had attained the compulsory retirement age.

Justice David Isele in his judgment held that evidence before the court showed that the claimant had not reached the mandatory retirement age of 60.

Isele also said neither has the claimant spent 35 years in service as required by civil service rule before retirement.

The court went further to order the restoration of the claimant’s monthly salary of N153,298 from March 2014 to date within one month.

Daniel Onuh, the claimant’s counsel told the court that his client was born on October 1, 1960.

Onuh also said the claimant joined the civil service in 1983 as a class teacher with the Benue government and in 1995 transferred his service to Kogi.

Onuh said his client is still serving as the Vice Principal (Academics) of Ogugu Community Secondary School, in Olamaboro Local Government Area of Kogi State.

He said since no disciplinary action has been instituted against the claimant for any misconduct, and he has not received any dismissal letter, he is entitled to his salary from when it was stopped till date.

Also joined in the suit are the Kogi Civil Service and Ministry of Justice.

SOURCE
https://www.reportnaija.ng/2018/04/27/court-orders-kogi-govt-to-pay-civil-servants-salary/

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Aieboocaar(m): 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2018
So... a court order is now needed to pay a worker his entitlement in this damn country??! embarassed

I swear when i reach heaven, that angel wey send me come Nigeria at birth go chop better Superman punch from me angry angry

32 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by omocalabar(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
Yeye bello.. the worst among wretcheds.....A gov that cant boast of one achievement or even an on-going project

31 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by HeyCorleone(m): 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
According to his counsel he was born on October 1, 1960. very fishy I must say.

Then his salary was stopped in 2014 and he's still been working? Like How? Why? What has he been surviving on for 4 years. What if he had lost the case?

People should learn to be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by WhiteSoup: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
Join the campaign to beg President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan to please seek for an rerun in 2019. Join the harsh tag and spread the message to other pants of the nation.

The battle life have been drawn.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by darasimi345: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
i dont know were these man is going taking kogi tooo is getting too much for him

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by lonelydora: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Who did we offend in this country? So it's court that will tell a governor to pay salary?

Yahya Bello is one of the reasons Buhari called us Lazy Youths.

12 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
So court has to force a Governor to pay the salaries of its Civil Servants. What will we not see from our Crowned Governor, His royal shadeness, Yahaya Bello.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is what you get, when a governor comes into office without the VOTE of the Electorates.

Click LIKE for AGREE

Click SHARE for DISAGREE

12 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Reelmii: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
so if court no give order, government no go get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by eleojo23: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
All the civil servants who are being owed should sue him too

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Swiftlee(m): 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nigerian court?? I want to let you know that Bello is Buhari's personal boy! Aso rock house boy! He is a criminal! I assure you, no one can force him! Bello is currently not in Kogi state because Kogi people prayed for him to die and he was knocked down by his own driver in a cause of spraying money to the crowd he impoverished in the state. You can verify my claim.. Bello is currently receiving treatment in Abuja, soon to be flown abroad. Kogi people are still praying it gets worse for him cos he is a heartless leader!

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by AlanSugar(m): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Haba what happened to this thread, front page with no comment?

Modified : I see, network played a fast one on me.
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by bejeria101(m): 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Ghen ghen! Action film haff start! Who get popcorn?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by BUHARItesticles: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
Thief Bello can't pay salary. This funny man pays N100M to Yusuf every month.Shameless man. He gets Buhari's backing through Yusuf. That's why he could successfully deal with Dino.

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
He has 'passed the retirement age' but you still kept him to be working for free? You don't mean it...

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by psalmson001: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
omocalabar:
Yeye bello.. the worst among wretcheds.....A gov that cant boast of one achievement or even an on-going project

darasimi345:
i dont know were these man is going taking kogi tooo is getting too much for him

lonelydora:
Who did we offend in this country? So it's court that will tell a governor to pay salary?
Yahya Bello is one of the reasons Buhari called us Lazy Youths.

kennygee:
So court has to force a Governor to pay the salaries of its Civil Servants. What will we not see from our Crowned Governor, His royal shadeness, Yahaya Bello.

Edakun elders of nairaland. The ones who knows the content of a thread just by reading the topic. I salute you all.

Its not like I'm a fan of d hediat o, neither do I support his other stoopid doings. But I just want to understand something regarding this thread and I will like you pple to explain the correlation.
This man's salary was stopped since 2014, & Bello assumed office in 2016. So how is it Bello's fault? Ayam not understanding.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by AlanSugar(m): 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
omocalabar:

Can you pls read before commenting?... Do we need to know you hate Bello? Smtchew
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Vote youth my foot

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by xcolanto(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
When a court orders you to carry out your civic responsibility as a governor to paying workers salary, just know you have failed.

Niaja don cast... shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Dizu(m): 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
Stupid Bello, all he does is to chase Dino upandan while looting kogi dry

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by aureen: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2018
I love this strategy grin grin grin
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by favourbaby: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Good

Who can give me the guideline, I want to go to court too.

I need one cattle owner that inflicts pains on the populace removed from seat.
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by efilefun(m): 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Kogi state should merge with another state cuz the set of politicians handling that state presently are nothing but USELESS COMEDIANS!!!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by yesloaded: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is too bad!

Reward for labour is wages or salaries except Governor Yahaya Bello failed to remember factors of production as explained in business studies & economics. Workers are not beggars and they don't deserve all these hardship!
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Slurity(m): 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
omocalabar:
I don't remember that governor Yaya bello is ruling in Kogi from 2018 till date. na wa o
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by favourbaby: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
omocalabar:

Uncle I'm glad you noted all these.

Shebi we want young blood in the system and he's the youngest sitting governor but with no pedigree.

Very shameful!
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by san316(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
The court deserves some accolade.

But have the Judiciary workers in the state been paid?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
the man is now a millionaire
Re: Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary by Abbeyme: 5:17pm On Apr 27, 2018
Aieboocaar:
So... a court order is now needed to pay a worker his entitlement in this damn country??! embarassed

I swear when i reach heaven, that angel wey send me come Nigeria at birth go chop better Superman punch from me angry angry

Talk true! angry

You didn't read the post

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abdullahi Abubakar Maiwanka Flees With Mace In Gombe / Why Violence Took Place In Saraki's Community- Head Of Community / Edo 2020: Edith Isokpan Emerges AAC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.