Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari (1185 Views)

Shehu Sani On Obasanjo’s Letter: Buhari Should Not Use It As Toilet Roll / Lai Mohammed Disobeyed Me By Replying Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari / "You Can’t Decide For Buhari" — Northern Leaders Reply Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by paxonel(m): 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
Four months after former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s ‘letter’ to President Muhammadu Buhari listing his alleged failures and advising him not to seek re-election in the 2019 polls, he has given reasons why he did not reply or allow his aides to make a direct response to former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s ‘letter’ to him chronicling his alleged failures and advising him not to seek re-election in the 2019 polls.

Obasanjo had last January in a strong worded statement circulated to the press, led to several reactions, which the President tried to wade through before he eventually declared his intention to run for a second term earlier this month.

Speaking in Bauchi during a state banquet in his honour, on Thursday night, President Buhari as part of his two-day official visit to Bauchi State, Buhari said he opted for a complete silence to Obasanjo’s letter in the process resisting attempts by Information Minister, Lai Mohammed to make a response.

He told the dinner guests that included Governor Abubakar, his wife; the State Deputy Governor; some Ministers and other top officials of the Bauchi State government, how the information Minister convinced him to respond without mentioning Obasanjo’s name by outlines the achievements of the administration thus far.

Buhari said, “tonight, I want to remind the people of what Lai Mohammed, Minister of Information did against my wish, in the sense that when a letter was written containing our failures as an administration, Lai Mohammed agitated that he should reply and I said no.

“I said no for two reasons: He is much younger than the person who wrote the letter and myself; two, he is from the same constituency as the person who wrote the letter.

“But when Lai Mohammed came, I said he should go out but he said he won’t go. I asked why and he said let me give him a chance to say what he wanted to do. I said go on.

“He said in what he would do, he would not mention names but only try to remind Nigerians what the country was when we came in, where we are now, and what we have done with the resources available to us.

“Eventually, I had to admit that he was right and I was wrong because a number of people who could get in touch with me have said that Lai had done a good job. A lot of them are in the media who I don’t have time to see – but of course, they are very busy people. Therefore, I am very happy with the performance of our party, the All Progressive Congress.”

Buhari also went down memory lane to narrate how the betrayal of some of his former political associates informed his insistence on finding credible platform that would enable him rescue the country from sinking as he said it would have if the then ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) continued ruling Nigeria.

“I will like to go down some historical antecedents so that people can assess. When we were in the APP, I went through an impartial primary and I won the ticket. I think for the third or fourth time and while I was in court, because I felt I was ready to be president, the person who was to be my vice-president, allowed himself to be appointed by the presidency.

“The chairman and vice-chairman of the party accepted; even when I was still in court as a presidential candidate. That’s why I got out and formed the CPC; when we realised that if we don’t work together, that is the opposition parties, and wrestle power from the PDP, this country is going to sink,” the President recalled.

Buhari reiterated his position that between 1999 and 2014, crude oil prices were quite high above $100 per barrel, yet the PDP administrations could not leave legacies of infrastructure and enduring national development as sectors like the railways and power, were allowed to decay or remain stagnant.

He also highlighted his concern for the large number of young Nigerians, 90 percent of them below 30 years, who poured into the streets, when he visits different parts of the country, as they yearn for a change of the way things had been

http://allnews.uodoo.com/en-ng/detail/

Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
As if you have ever replied any in the past.

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
you would have reply him back and see the outcome

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by oshe11: 6:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
Foolish Man....

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by GeneralOjukwu: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
...silence is the best answer for a fool...

Would have been the perfect comment.

Unfortunately between GEJ and PMB, I don't know the greater fool. OBJ is definitely brighter than these 2 calamities
Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:
...silence is the best answer for a fool...

Would have been the perfect comment.

Unfortunately between GEJ and PMB, I don't know the greater fool. OBJ is definitely brighter than these 2 calamities

Fools only forget the primary function of any government.... And that is to safe guard the lives and properties of her citizens...

In this regard... I term Buhari a failure
Nigerians are dying everyday in hundreds
While Ajala is traveling round the world and taking pictures with Naomi Campbell is seen as an achievement by this administration...

Woe to anybody who wants this animal in office to continue.... Woe to all those who drinks the blood of the innocent be it Shiites or Christains

There is no peace for the wicked
Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
kaorama:
As if you have ever replied any in the past.

He didn't reply because there is nothing to say
There is a limit to which propaganda can take someone

Propaganda can't make any government successful

1 Like

Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by freeze001(f): 7:28pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is why he felt a lot of them were lazy, uneducated and entitled, seeking freebies.

He also highlighted his concern for the large number of young Nigerians, 90 percent of them below 30 years, who poured into the streets
Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by ekenerr: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2018
Re: Why I Didn’t Reply Obasanjo’s Letter – Buhari by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:17am On Apr 28, 2018
after months you are saying this, it makes no sense for now....it has long been forgotten. ...I hope you should realise you are old, much more old at 84yrs to be going around in a bid to campaign, seek advice in coming for 2019....remember ur health status......

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Obasanjo's Look As He Attends A Burial In Anambra(pics) / Akwa Ibom Unemployment Rate Exaggerated – Official / The Genesis Of The Massacre In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.