Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva (1902 Views)

Sowore To Take up Volunteer Teaching Job In Abuja / DSS Begged Sowore To Accept 'Death Warrant' Deal - Falana / Ope Sowore To Buhari: 'My Children And I Want My Husband Back Home' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by Blue3k(m): 7:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Does the Nigeria collect enough in taxes to support the 100k minimum wage. The budget is already 70% recurrent expenditure. Now you want to raise it 5 fold with tax plan. Ok lets cut all the waste the budget still miniscule for country of 180 million people. Then the private business has to accomadate for this as well if they care to comply with rules.

If you dont have real tax plan to accomadate this new spending then its a joke. He said it will cost 1.3 billion dollars to raise it im guessing he will borrow to fund it. Im assuming thats jusy for federal government. He hasnt mentioned cutting down or merging parastatals (He wont its election time). His promises dont even end there.

His promises so far.

9. I am not making promises based on fictional figures. What we have calculated is that it will cost Nigeria just $1.3b more to pay workers N100,000 minimum wage.
10. I will pay workers N100,000 minimum wage and those of you who are youth corpers will be paid N50,000 and we will be heading very quickly to N100,000 because youth corpers should be able to earn minimum wage as well. If you’re a youth corper and anything happens to you during your youth service, your family gets paid a sum of N10m or you’re disabled.

Clentuzbaba:

Dear friend don't allow Nigerian factor to erode ur fundamental human right to a decent life
If it is realistic for Nigerian NASS to b d highest payed in d world,

for state governors to take their multimillion naira monthly remunerations as pension for d rest of their lives after stuffing several billions in different accounts all around d world,

for Yusuf to buy over a 100million naira bikes without working,

for scores of billions of dollars to go missing on yearly basis under different circumstances

for Nigeria to produce d richest black man in d world while other businesses r either folding up, relocating or laying off staff

for several millions of dollars public funds to be buried in saves, graveyards, soak away, and so on as only God knows where

for d wife of a man with no shoes(patience) to suddenly own multi billion naira properties and cash across d country

for our leaders to travel out to the best places in d world for virtually everything in this world e.g education, health, vacation, etc..

for $16billion to generate darkness

for Madueke and her cronies to live on billion dollars public money

for different foreign currencies to b found at judges residences across d country

and d list goes on as am sure u understand...

now let's assume all d above anomalies r not present, or is at least drastically reduced
do u still think 100k minimum wage is unrealistic

Let us plz change direction and see what we get wch am confident will b far better than wat we have now

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by jaychubi: 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
What is his party, let's start from basis
Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
jaychubi:
What is his party, let's start from basis
Leave his party first and focus on his personality. The way he's going, he's definitely not going with the popular duo of APC and PDP because if if whe wanted, he can't get their candidacy.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by sowore2019: 7:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
Blue3k:
Does the Nigeria collect enough in taxes to support the 100k minimum wage. The budget is already 70% recurrent expenditure. Now you want to raise it 5 fold with tax plan. Ok lets cut all the waste the budget still miniscule for country of 180 million people. Then the private business has to accomadate for this as well if they care to comply with rules.

If you dont have real tax plan to accomadate this new spending then its a joke. He said it will cost 1.3 billion dollars to raise it im guessing he will borrow to fund it. Im assuming thats jusy for federal government. He hasnt mentioned cutting down or merging parastatals (He wont its election time). His promises dont even end there.

His promises so far.

70% recurrent expenditure full of Annual purchase of Computer System for MDA's, remove that alone an see the recurrent drop to about 50%, remove Buhari annual medical trip and expenses and other wastages of the MDA's and see a further drop.
With the calibre of Sowore at the Presidency, ICT implementation will be fully utilized, don't tell me President Buhari and his cohorts who do not understand the meaning of an OS and can't even maintain a Website can do it.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by jaychubi: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
Afam4eva:

Leave his party first and focus on his personality. The way he's going, he's definitely not going with the popular duo of APC and PDP because if if whe wanted, he can't get their candidacy.

Without a good party with solid structure he is wasting his time even if he is better than Obama
Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 7:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
jaychubi:

Without a good party with solid structure he is wasting his time even if he is better than Obama
Do you mean a popular or good party? What do you understand by a good party?

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 27, 2018
I'm disappointed that Aram has joined Tonye in political prostitution. So wore doesn't have anything to offer Nigeria. He still sounds like someone contesting for SUG election

3 Likes

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by buhariguy(m): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
Afam4eva:

Almost everyone i know is tired of the old order. Even though i also thought of the fact that this could split the votes, i think i'm more interested in sending a message than actually winning.
is good For the youth to make attempt, in 2023 buhari will handover to a vibrant Igbo youth
Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by TheTakeOver: 11:54pm On Apr 27, 2018
Sowore is the man, you can vote your ancestors if you wish, Nigeria never learn, its not about grammar, Buhari don fail. It's only a fool that does the same thing always and except a different result. WE are the true progressive. Check the word.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by TheTakeOver: 11:55pm On Apr 27, 2018
buhariguy:
is good For the youth to make attempt, in 2023 buhari will handover to a vibrant Igbo youth

Its no more about tribe we just need the best man.

1 Like

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by Afam4eva(m): 10:24am On Apr 28, 2018
TheTakeOver:
Sowore is the man, you can vote your ancestors if you wish, Nigeria never learn, its not about grammar, Buhari don fail. It's only a fool that does the same thing always and except a different result. WE are the true progressive. Check the word.
The thing tire me.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by Igboid: 11:53am On Apr 28, 2018
Well, Sowore looks like a breath of fresh air. grin
Which the exact reason he wouldn't win.

Sai! Baba!
Re: Why We Should Support Omoyele Sowore To Become Nigeria's President - Afam4eva by jaychubi: 11:53am On Apr 28, 2018
Afam4eva:

Do you mean a popular or good party? What do you understand by a good party?

If u have read my post u would have understood what I mean by a good party. It is a national party with presence in over 200000 wards in Nigeria n a party with solid structure in place to mobilize voters

A good party is key dts is if u know anything about Nigerian politics

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra Memorial/Remembrance Day Commences With Candle Night Vigil / Ekiti 2018: INEC To Use Enhanced Card Reader For The First Time / PHOTOS: Fashola Inspect The Construction Of Aba Township Rail/road Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.