Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma (44288 Views)

Chiamaka Nnadozie Donates Jerseys To Heartland Queens (Picture). / Greek Super League Fixtures Suspended After Referee Attack! / Dana Air Presents Cheque Of N200,000 To Heartland Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by giftedben: 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
This is the main reason we watch European football.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by massinola(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
A certain jim wolf said ' football is the opium of the masses'. I discovered It For My Self When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers. .
In 1998 my husband sponsored 4 young men to play for arsenal.
Hooonoooo, not again na

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
heartland would go back to second division
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Hector09(m): 9:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
1m what. As if salaries of all heartland players and staff are upto 1m

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by AFONJACOW(m): 9:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
they should have kill the ref and all the linesmen's And pay the bills
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Terver23(m): 9:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
A certain jim wolf said ' football is the opium of the masses'. I discovered It For My Self When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers. .
STFU !!!!!!

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by harmbhrosz(m): 9:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
jerflakes:

What should we do with this information?
fry water with it na grin
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by MEILYN(m): 9:13pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
sad
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
Dem for kuku shut down the football club. There have been many reports on how some referees are paid to rig matches in favour of preferred bidder. There was once a team in the NPFL that won the league and thereafter sacked their coach. When their management was asked why the rash decision. Their reply was that they knew how they won the league and not through the coach expertise
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Boyooosa(m): 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
Can these people turn a new leaf? No!
Always disruptive, their way.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by begwong: 9:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
CowHard:
All this fine just for assaulting the referee?

Will they not go bankrupt after meeting those demands
They attacked the players, united coach and damaged their bus. Serves the owerri guys right
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Addme: 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
afamaustin:
Someone pls calculate it and tell me d total
oya take
5.25million as fine in which 1.25m goes to the official/officials injured.
3 points deducted.
3 home matches behind close doors
Their manager suspended fot 10 matches.

Btw
Next time don't be #lazyyouth.

3 Likes

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by asawanathegreat(m): 9:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Double wahala
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
what is this one saying
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by sceneonetv: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2018
nigeria gat no chill grin grin grin grin grin

http://nshine.com.ng/?s=album

Angelanest:
Few days ago in a match between Heartland of Owerri and the Nigerian Professional Football League defending Champions, Plateau United, Heartland football fans assaulted the referee to the point of coma and was admitted into hospital. According to several reports, the Heartland supporters were not impressed with a home draw, and faulted the performance of the officials for allowing to Plateau United equalise through a very late goal.

Below are the fines/punishment handed to the Owerri based club by the League Management Company, LMC

Heartland have been docked 3 accrued points after crowd trouble incident vs Plateau Utd on Matchday 18 (1)

Heartland will play their next 3 home matches behind closed doors(2)

Heartland team manager Mobi Oparaku suspended from all #NPFL activities for the next 10 matches (3)

Heartland have been fined N1m for encroachment immediately after their match vs Plateau Utd (4)

Heartland have also been fined N500,000 for failing to restrict unauthorized persons access to restricted areas during the match vs Plateau Utd (5)

Heartland have also been fined N1m for assault on match officials after game vs Plateau Utd. The club will also pay N1.25m as compensation to the match officials (6)

Another N500,000 fine will be paid by Heartland for failure to use & issue matchday tickets for record & crowd control purposes (7)

Heartland have been further fined N1m for issuing public statement capable of bringing the league to disrepute (8 )

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/04/breaking-lmc-ruling-on-heartland-crowd-violence.html
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
nairalanduseles:
IGBO AMAKA
Maka gini lipsrsealed undecided
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by maisauki: 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2018
don't tell me it happened in d most civilized region in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by GooseBump: 9:38pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
your lie is very interesting
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:40pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
how did they sold their soul?
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by dododawa1: 9:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Nigeria Pls give them biafra
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
You started again with your lies
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by YungPrinzz(m): 9:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
Addme:
oya take
3 points deducted.

Btw

Wow! I think u deserve some accolades for dis!! grin
Addme:
oya take
3 points deducted.

Btw

Wow! I think u deserve some accolades for dis!!
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Abagworo(m): 10:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
The referee was biased to the point of spectators getting infuriated. Both the referee and heartland fans deserve punishment but the fine is too much.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by saltoasis: 10:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
That's a good one. Holigalsm and violence should be strongly discouraged.

Well deserved!
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:

You no dey tire with all this your lies for nairaland huh.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by optimistic1234: 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2018
WHY ARE WE SO MEDIEVAL IN REASONING.
IT'S VERY UNACCEPTABLE AND THEREFORE MERITED THE FINED INPOSED IN THEM
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by NeeKlaus: 10:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
C'mon, Sharrap! You always have one story or the other to tell.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by onyokometer: 10:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
When you put incompetent men like Solo Mourinho who only knows how to talk only on radio. I pity Heartland,u guys are going back to where you guys came from. Oya Rochas pay them their money
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by ultimate77(m): 10:59pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
I'm still waiting Maddam queen.
. Please complete the story.
After your husband sponsored them, what happened next?
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Organs(m): 11:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Luizkid:
So the officials don't know that in Nigerian League, Home Win sure?? grin grin

Yet you will complain of police corruption, victimization, call Naija zoo and insult Govt... see wetin you dey follow promote...

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Diesel1(m): 11:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Queenlovely:
please what are the names of the young men your husband sponsored?
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by 3Ceagle(m): 11:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
While we can agree that hooliganism is bad but match official should be careful not to incite fans by poor match handling. If the extra time has been exceeded why did he allow play to continue. The fans knew how badly the home team needed the 3 point fighting relegation. Well the team is already headed for relegation because anything okorocha touches goes bad. This was was the only team never relegated in the Npfl before the leprous hand of okorocha. The season before relegation from the npfl he swore not to be aware of the team financial crisis. Well let him sell the club and use the proceed to settle the fine after all has he paid pensioners?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Luiz Injures Dani Ceballos During Training Ground Fight / Famous Footballers Involved In Ghastly Car Accidents (see List, Photos) / World Cup: Croatia Vs Denmark - 1 - 1 (3 - 2 Penalties) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.