Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma (44299 Views)

Chiamaka Nnadozie Donates Jerseys To Heartland Queens (Picture). / Greek Super League Fixtures Suspended After Referee Attack! / Dana Air Presents Cheque Of N200,000 To Heartland Player Of The Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by NifemiKolade(m): 11:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
One of the many reasons our league has been lagging behind...
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by kennieG(m): 1:31am On Apr 28, 2018
And how much is the winners of the cup worth sef?
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:31am On Apr 28, 2018
emekatimsu:
On the day of the match the referee really bleeped up. He refused blowing the final whistle despite the match time and extra have passed. Everyone was calling on him to blow the final whistle rather he was forming "super man" on the pitch. Heartland FC fans didn't find it funny with the referee and his officials but maintained there cool, not until Plateau FC equalized before the fans descended on the referee and his official. The center referee was beaten blue and black, not even the presence of the unarmed policemen could save him. I wish i could help him but who am i to withstand the venom of angry fans.
dos fans are mad yy dem no defend well nonsense...no justification for takin d laws into your hands

1 Like

Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Kyllahmc(m): 2:26am On Apr 28, 2018
CowHard:
All this fine just for assaulting the referee?

Will they not go bankrupt after meeting those demands
they deserve it... Nigerians are savages... who still beats referee in this 21st century?
the fine even small self, you think say Nigerian professional leagues are that broke? some of the big players there earn up to a million plus monthly with other monthly allowances... its a token compared to their foreign counterparts but its not that bad.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Bruemath(m): 2:49am On Apr 28, 2018
Nigerian football I tire
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Myself2(m): 4:54am On Apr 28, 2018
Queenlovely:
A certain jim wolf said ' football is the opium of the masses'. I discovered It For My Self When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers. .
In 1998 my husband sponsored 4 young men to play for arsenal.

Please finish the story nahhhhh
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by davibid: 7:11am On Apr 28, 2018
Luizkid:
So the officials don't know that in Nigerian League, Home Win sure?? grin grin

Abi ooo grin
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 28, 2018
Queenlovely:
A certain jim wolf said ' football is the opium of the masses'. I discovered It For My Self When youths Sold their Soul To The Devil Just To become Professional Footballers. .
where are d 4 young boys now??
Please do mention 'em...
@least we have d right to knw right?? QUEENLOVELY Luv
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Gerrard59(m): 9:55am On Apr 28, 2018
emekatimsu:
On the day of the match the referee really bleeped up. He refused blowing the final whistle despite the match time and extra have passed. Everyone was calling on him to blow the final whistle rather he was forming "super man" on the pitch. Heartland FC fans didn't find it funny with the referee and his officials but maintained there cool, not until Plateau FC equalized before the fans descended on the referee and his official. The center referee was beaten blue and black, not even the presence of the unarmed policemen could save him. I wish i could help him but who am i to withstand the venom of angry fans.

If this is true, then the referee goofed and officiated badly. But it doesn't mean the fans should have reacted in such a manner. What if he was killed? The fine is in order.

Next time, the club will take their complaints to relevant authorities.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by benjanny(m): 10:06am On Apr 28, 2018
The punishment should be worst than this
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Luizkid(m): 11:23am On Apr 28, 2018
Organs:

Yet you will complain of police corruption, victimization, call Naija zoo and insult Govt... see wetin you dey follow promote...
If not for the many Naija problems in ur head u would have spotted the sarcasm in that comment.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by thespokenword: 11:53am On Apr 28, 2018
Queenlovely:
after they sold their souls to the devil ,right?
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by bobochem: 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
Heartland has finished
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by nonye6194: 5:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
oloriooko:
In addition to paying the officials they should be made to settle the hospital bills the assaulted ref incurred

I think that's what the 1.25m is going for. I stand corrected tho
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by Organs(m): 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2018
Luizkid:

If not for the many Naija problems in ur head u would have spotted the sarcasm in that comment.

Bros, ure right our problems are too much, reason why we need to be serious and talk seriously, those cheating us use sarcasm, people die day in day out and we use sarcasm and do not even care anymore. We need to be serious and together condemn what is bad. This is very, very bad. We are trying to promote, honesty, accountability etc and the the referee is honest see what he got and we use sarcasm? No sir, this is not a sarcasm moment sir. I am pained that people are not going to jail for this and that the whole team is not disbanded for a whole year.
Re: See The Punishment Given To Heartland Of Owerri After Referee Was Beaten To Coma by LukeLook: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
benjanny:
The punishment should be worst than this
Even CAF

https://www.nairaland.com/4480239/caf-suspends-nigerian-referee-1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Luiz Injures Dani Ceballos During Training Ground Fight / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Expecting A Set Of Twins. / Messi Considering A Dramatic U-Turn On His Decision To Leave Barcelona

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.