Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries (23351 Views)

Charterhouse: Why We Charge ₦42M Fees For Primary School Pupils — Lagos School / Lagos School Principal Becomes A Student For One Day / How Do I Get An Indigene Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Burgerlomo: 12:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Pierohandsome:
I am not trying to say u are lying, i dnt jst believe u

Anyway sha, afonja people people are capable of anything jst to make their st.upid language relevant

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Bishopsgate(m): 12:18pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Flattties will concoct any tale to try to frustrate that Yoruba language law grin

One is even dreaming of the lie going viral so the law can be reviewed... Lol.

I'm a northerner, grew up in Ikoyi, family have had properties there for decades, but I still recognize that Lagos is Yorubaland, just like Abuja is Arewaland.

Abuja is Gwarri land. Do Arewa treat the non Hausa-Fulani as equal partners in the arewa conglomerate?
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by BabaRamota1980: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:
Attention is needed here. We need to understand what's happening.

Lagos is no man's land

Did you notice where the man said he wanted the maid to get a taste of education?

He took an uneducated girl to start school at secondary level.

He believes his living abroad entitles him to walk in anywhere and get acceptance. The girl was rejected because she does not posess the pre-requisite for secondary-level education. Mr Spain feels pained by his rejection and came online with half baked truth.

Do you know of any other place in Nigeria that is as diversity tolerant as Lagos? Nowhere is!

This man should go register that girl in primary school....
I guarantee she will notvbe admitted there either due to her age.

His best option is to hire private tutor to give her home schooling and bring her to level. Hopefully the instructor will be female, and not a male specie...otherwise her education might just end in motherhood.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Burgerlomo: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
If that allegations found to be truths, then that means all the people who participates to create the stupid and senseless laws are seriously mad they all need their brain examined cool
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
Bishopsgate:

Abuja is Gwarri land. Do Arewa treat the non Hausa-Fulani as equal partners in the arewa conglomerate?

Abuja is no longer Gwari land . It was acquired and the people COMPENSATED and ceded all claims in perpetuity.
Abuja was constrcted with Federal money from scratch

OIL MONEY

Lagos was developed organically over many years out of Proceeds from the port of Lagos since the 1890s
see this https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil

The FG owns the Land in Abuja. The FG never owned Lagos

In Lagos State a small part on the state i.e Lagos Island, VI and Ikoyi was the capital( not the State)

It was never acquired and no one compensated

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Heybeedee(m): 12:29pm On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:
LAGOS SCHOOL REFUSED TO ADMIT OUR MAID BECAUSE SHE IS NOT AN INDIGENE, MAN CRIES OUT

Europe based Igbo man has alleged that their maid was refused admission into Festac secondary school on the ground that they only admit indigenes of Lagos State.

Mr Arinze who resides in Madrid, Spain asked his wife to take their maid to the nearby secondary school in Festac so that she could get some glimpses of education. Getting to the school, he alleges that the school management told his wife that they only  admit indigenes of Lagos state.

You would recall that February this year the Governor of Lagos state, His Excellency  Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode formally signed a bill into law “to provide for the preservation and promotion of the use of Yoruba Language and for connected purposes,” thereby making it the first state to enact law seeking to preserve and promote its indigenous language.

The yoruba language preservation law made it compulsory for all primary and secondary schools – private or public – in the state to include teaching of Yoruba Language as a core subject at all levels. According to the government, violation of the law will attract a fine of N500,000 or complete closure of the school.

More also, candidates seeking admission into all tertiary institutions in Lagos state must henceforth possess credit in Yoruba Language.

However, whether the new law which  was trailed with mixed reactions has snowballed into discrimination of students in regard to admission or the management of the government owned schools are using it to deprive indigenes of other states is yet unknown.

https://diasporareporters.com/lagos-school-refused-admit-maid-not-indigene-man-cries/

They must complain.... if dem no admit m, carry m go private school with chikini moni afterall u claimed to b Europe based ...u want to enjoy the afonja benefit abi... abokis no dy complain n that's yy i like them

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Luv4tv(m): 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
Point of correction to d Op, Schools doesn't admits students directly but thru d ministry of education that posted d students thru Education districts into sec schools under them. Admission is done only in September into JSS 1 and SS1 (only)respectively. For outsider I.e those seeking transfer, it is thru MoE Alausa as any registration outside d above is illegal. So based on d post, d maid can't be admission until d right steps are taken. For SS 3 just forgive it, there is exception into SS2 for members of d armed forces/police transferred to the State.

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 28, 2018
aribisala0:

Hausa word

Is Northern Nigeria hausa?

It is the #1 Language in not just northern Nigeria or Nigeria itself but the entire west africa. it is an unofficial lunga franca of Northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Antina(f): 12:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
chuksanambra:
This is a big fat lie told by an illegal immigrant in Spain and his illiterate dumb wife in Lagos.

Schools don't admit in their third terms and instead of her to tell her husband so, she's telling him that they don't admit non-yorubas.

I don't know why some Igbos just like creating trouble anywhere they are. This idiot is in Spain and wants to carers trouble in Lagos.

Even in second term that is more than 4-5 weeks of resumption!!

I have a friend that took a Yoruba boy to public school 5th week of 2nd term!! The school authority told him admission is over! That they should bring the boy the following year!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Revolva(m): 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2018
mehn it may be true o but maybe d school calendar is gone
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 12:56pm On Apr 28, 2018
MrHowto:

It is the #1 Language in not just northern Nigeria or Nigeria itself but the entire west africa. it is an unofficial lunga franca of Northern Nigeria.
English is the number one language in Nigeria and the World that does not make the world England.

The problem with you folk is you are badly educated and cannot reason.

I don't know what evideence you have to back up your foolish claim.

Is Hausa the number one language in Kwara State ? Is it the number one language in Abuja? Is it the number one language in Kogi?
Is it the nuber one language in Benue ?

Stop deceiving yourself
The lingua franca in Kwara is not Hausa neither is it in Abuja

The main languuages in West Africa are English and French

Language does not mean identity.

Nigeria is not English

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by bibelo: 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2018
unknownsolja:

yes you are ambodes family member..quantinue
lol! unfortunately am not but just happened to be more informed
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2018
aribisala0:

English is the number one language in Nigeria and the World that does not make the world England.

The problem with you folk is you are badly educated and cannot reason.

I don't know what evideence you have to back up your foolish claim.

Is Hausa the number one language in Kwara State ? Is it the number one language in Abuja? Is it the number one language in Kogi?
Is it the nuber one language in Benue ?

Stop deceiving yourself
The lingua franca in Kwara is not Hausa neither is it in Abuja

The unofficial lunga franca in the northern NIGERIA as a whole is Hausa whether yo like it or not. It is the wideley spoken. We aint talking of individual state rather I said the entire northern Nigeria whcih translate in to majority.

The main languuages in West Africa are English and French

I am not talking of main language but most widely spoken which is Hausa.

Language does not mean identity.

Nigeria is not English

Who said language is identity? You see u are d badly educated here. Because you speak english are u english man?

Nobody says all northern Nigeria are Hausas, we simply said it is arewaland whcih means northern land. If you hate the language "Hausa" replace the word arewa with it equivalent in your language.

But Hausa is a God chosen language. Naturally the language is expanding to different part of Nigeria and west africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2018
aribisala0:
The typical Hausa and Fulani mindset is one of entitlement NEVER about contributing anything but claimiing

Is Abuja Hausa land?
No

How then ii it AREWALAND
Because it is a northern land. or is it a southern land?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by livinbygrace: 1:22pm On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:
LAGOS SCHOOL REFUSED TO ADMIT OUR MAID BECAUSE SHE IS NOT AN INDIGENE, MAN CRIES OUT

Europe based Igbo man has alleged that their maid was refused admission into Festac secondary school on the ground that they only admit indigenes of Lagos State.

Mr Arinze who resides in Madrid, Spain asked his wife to take their maid to the nearby secondary school in Festac so that she could get some glimpses of education. Getting to the school, he alleges that the school management told his wife that they only  admit indigenes of Lagos state.

You would recall that February this year the Governor of Lagos state, His Excellency  Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode formally signed a bill into law “to provide for the preservation and promotion of the use of Yoruba Language and for connected purposes,” thereby making it the first state to enact law seeking to preserve and promote its indigenous language.

The yoruba language preservation law made it compulsory for all primary and secondary schools – private or public – in the state to include teaching of Yoruba Language as a core subject at all levels. According to the government, violation of the law will attract a fine of N500,000 or complete closure of the school.

More also, candidates seeking admission into all tertiary institutions in Lagos state must henceforth possess credit in Yoruba Language.

However, whether the new law which  was trailed with mixed reactions has snowballed into discrimination of students in regard to admission or the management of the government owned schools are using it to deprive indigenes of other states is yet unknown.

https://diasporareporters.com/lagos-school-refused-admit-maid-not-indigene-man-cries/

Stupid and senseless accusation.I stay in festac some of my neighbors attends public schools,so disregards such lies from thenout of hell.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
MrHowto:
No

Because it is a northern land. or is it a southern land?
Define Northern.

There is nothng ling northern or southern land in Nigeria

so tell me what Northern land means and the SOURCE of this
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 1:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
MrHowto:

The unofficial lunga franca in the northern NIGERIA as a whole is Hausa whether yo like it or not. It is the wideley spoken. We aint talking of individual state rather I said the entire northern Nigeria whcih translate in to majority.

I am not talking of main language but most widely spoken which is Hausa.

Who said language is identity? You see u are d badly educated here. Because you speak english are u english man?

Nobody says all northern Nigeria are Hausas, we simply said it is arewaland whcih means northern land. If you hate the language "Hausa" replace the word arewa with it equivalent in your language.

But Hausa is a God chosen language. Naturally the language is expanding to different part of Nigeria and west africa.

most widely so what ? So it must apply to everything.

Whether the people like it or not?

There is nothing like northern Nigeria this is 2017 not 1914 or 1966 you better wake up .

It is not Arewaland there is nothing like that . There never was and never will be
There is NOTHNG like Northern land or Southern land. That is rubbish
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
aribisala0:

most widely so what ? So it must apply to everything.

Whether the people like it or not?

There is nothing like northern Nigeria this is 2017 not 1914 or 1966 you better wake up .

It is not Arewaland there is nothing like that . There never was and never will be
There is NOTHNG like Northern land or Southern land. That is rubbish

You dont need to believe but that wont change the fact.

A northern land is the geographical area of Northwest, Northeast and Northcentral Nigeria comprising of 19 states and FCT.

@bold above. Please go back to school. Sir Ahmadu Bello is the premier of Northern Nigeria back then. Poor student of history
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by aribisala0(m): 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2018
MrHowto:

You dont need to believe but that wont change the fact.

A northern land is the geographical area of Northwest, Northeast and Northcentral Nigeria comprising of 19 states and FCT.

@bold above. Please go back to school. Sir Ahmadu Bello is the premier of Northern Nigeria back then. Poor student of history
The day an aboki tells me to go back to school we know the world would soon end

Was Ahmadu Bello Premier of Arewa Nigeria or Arewa land?

The world has moved on since 1960 there is nothing like Northern Nigeria Any more . Parts of Nigeria in 1960 voted to join Cameroon Shortly after. Bakassi is now in Cameroon. The Soviet Union is no more etc

Northern Nigeria was never Arewa Nigeria

There was NOTHING like Southern Nigeria in 1960 even though there was in 1914 so move with the times and stop living in the past.
Abuja is not part of any fictional Arewa land

There is nothing like Arewa land
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 28, 2018
Enrolment in the middle of third term? She was likely refused because it's too late...
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
aribisala0:

The day an aboki tells me to go back to school we know the world would soon end

Was Ahmadu Bello Premier of Arewa Nigeria or Arewa land?

The world has moved on since 1960 there is nothing like Northern Nigeria Any more . Parts of Nigeria in 1960 vooted to join Cameroon Shortly after. Bakassi is now in Cameroon. The Soviet Union is no more etc

You are still ranting. Whether Arewa Nigeria or Arewa land dosent change anything. It means 19 northern state and Abuja.

Northern Nigeria was never Arewa Nigeria

You are just saying Northern Nigeria was Never Northern Nigeria. So you are not making any sense.

There was NOTHING like Southern Nigeria in 1960 even though there was in 1914 so move with the times and stop living in the past.
Abuja is not part of any fictional Arewa land

There is nothing like Arewa land

In 1960 northern Nigeria exist even when there is no southern nigeria but east and west. Abuja is officially as far as the Nigerian constitution is concerned an Arewa Land.

So saying it is north dosent make it so sine it is what Nigeria believes in. Your inconsequential opinion cannot change the fact.

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:
Imagine Festac that the Igbos developed that supposed to be a colony of Ndi Igbo
Haba! Make una dey lie small-small, nah! shocked

Movic1:
She was refused admission on the ground that they only admit indigenes of Lagos State is a pure lie. Oga find another lie. playing victim is their way . Beside you guys own lagos/ lagos is no man's land. Why the tears?
Oh, so you sef don see am? shocked I don't know where they get these lies from...chai!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2018
skales67:
The same Lagos government that has enforced the inclusion of Yoruba language in their school curriculum. If I say af*njas are tribal now, some lazy jobless youths will come here to mention me.

See this one! As if Anambra and Imo did not include Igbo language in their school curriculum. Abeg, swerve commot for road.... undecided

bigpicture001:
..mumu adult..how long does it take one to attain the position of vice principal? two years? know it that that woman has been in.lagos state education system for up to 30years b4 tinubu,ambode,fashola and akiolu,dreamed up the chase igbos away from Lagos project by burning their markets,closing their markets,demolishing their markets and now stopping them.from going to skl....yorubas are king of tribalism...beleive it or not...!! I know u know it..but will definitely fyt for ur tribe on social media

You sabi lie, o! shocked Which of their markets was burnt? Who burnt it? Was it the state govt? Was it Alaba or Ladipo? Or Orile? What do you hope to gain from such lies and propaganda, biko?

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2018
rainylad:
See this yoruba side-kick and 'oh yes member'...this is what you have been reduced to.,what a pity grin cheesy

Why is this guy's matter causing you such pain? There are many Northerners in Lagos, who speak fluent Yoruba! undecided I have met many Hausas, Kanuri, Bachama, Gera, Jukun etc that can speak Yoruba in Lagos. A number of them even married Yorubas, sef!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
QuotaSystem:
Hawksworth (now Ojora) street
I know the place! JAMB office side... cheesy

TonyeBarcanista:
I grew up in Bourdillon and Kingsway (later renamed Alfred Rewane). I did my primary school in Mekween and Secondary School in Obalende (Saint Gregory's College)

Are-ea-aa! cheesy You and Quota System are one of those small Aje-butter boys! Let me guess, you also rode Raleigh chopper bicycles down Bourdillon, Mekwuen, Ilabere and Adeyemi Lawson road, too? wink Did you attend Ireti by any chance, or Corona Ikoyi?

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 2:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Gbam. Small world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by HomeOfMe(f): 2:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
diasporaman:

Nigeria wasn't as divided as this before 2015.
Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:44pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Are-ea-aa! cheesy You and Quota System are one of those small Aje-butter boys! Let me guess, you also rode Raleigh chopper bicycles down Bourdillon, Mekwuen, Ilabere and Adeyemi Lawson road, too? wink Did you attend Ireti by any chance, or Corona Ikoyi?
@Emboldened yes ooo Every weekend I go to Abebe Court to play tennis with some friends. Life in Ikoyi was good I no go lie... If by chance I'll have a property in Lagos it will be Ikoyi noni! VI, Lekki etc no de freak me samsam.

I attended Hope Primary School (we share compound with Ireti and shared fence with Corona).

Meanwhile, I wasn't an Ajebutter, FAR FROM IT. My Dad was a policeman and our staying in Ikoyi was more of government arrangement than family status.

BTW I never still be Ajebutter but I de work hard na Quotasystem be Butter

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2018
laudate:

Why is this guy's matter causing you such pain? There are many Northerners in Lagos, who speak fluent Yoruba! undecided I have met many Hausas, Kanuri, Bachama, Gera, Jukun etc that can speak Yoruba in Lagos. A number of them even married Yorubas, sef!

You haven't seen the half of it cheesy

The she-male makes up at least a third of my mentions, can't seem to stay off my d1ck for some reason...some kind of crazed obsession.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by QuotaSystem: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

@Emboldened yes ooo Every weekend I go to Abebe Court to play tennis with some friends. Life in Ikoyi was good I no go lie... If by chance I'll have a property in Lagos it will be Ikoyi noni! VI, Lekki etc no de freak me samsam.

I attended Hope Primary School (we share compound with Ireti and shared fence with Corona).

Meanwhile, I wasn't an Ajebutter, FAR FROM IT. My Dad was a policeman and our staying in Ikoyi was more of government arrangement than family status.

Make una bone dat thing all man dey street grin.

It ain't 'bout where you're from but where you're at..

Home science was the deal then...ring a bell?

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Meanwhile, I wasn't an Ajebutter, FAR FROM IT. My Dad was a policeman and our staying in Ikoyi was more of government arrangement than personal status.

Guy, you are bringing back the good old days.... cheesy Remember Alexander Road, Gerrard, Queens Drive? The breeze from that side, no be small, o! Ikoyi has been defaced now....lots of the trees have been cut down. Most of the old stately colonial buildings have been demolished, to give way to monstrous, ugly, high rise buildings, that are nothing to write home about. Tranquil neighbourhoods have been defaced. Its so sad, really. cry

To own a property and live inside Ikoyi today, you need to be a billionaire....land there, costs as much as solid gold! In the past, children of civil servants could live side-by-side with kids of directors of multinational corporations. But not any more....successive govts killed this structure, with their stuvpid, asinine policies. undecided

QuotaSystem:
Make una bone dat thing all man dey street grin.

It ain't 'bout where you're from but where you're at..

Home science was the deal then...ring a bell?

Yes, yes...Home Science was on Ruxton Road. Still is, in fact! cheesy Now, you have conclusively proved that you are an aje-butter! cheesy Grade 1 type, in fact! cool

1 Like

Re: Lagos School Refused To Admit Our Maid Because She Is Not An Indigene, Man Cries by laudate: 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2018
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians React To 2016 GCE Results Released By WAEC / Uniport Students Cry About "No School Fees / No Result /repeat A Session Policy / JAMB Scraps Mouse, Adopts “Eight-Key Device” System For 2017 CBT Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.