Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. (5789 Views)

The Person That Lied To Nigerians That Driving With AC Uses More Fuel Will Never / Duty Paper Not In The Seller's Name. Advise / Want To Buy A Tokunbo Car In Lagos, What Docs Should I Request From The Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by maballack(m): 11:49am On Apr 28, 2018
Please whats the make of your scanner
would be interested to get something similar at least to even detect impending faults

captainking:
agreed..thats how I went to check one eod in ph.. Seller said.. It's just buy and drive.. Nothing to fix except shocks.. But when I checked the car.. There was so much to fix
..starting from bad interiors.. To vibrating engine.. Heavy jerking while changing gears.. Then I scanned the car.. And.. Wahlaaa... It threw over 8 codes.. With 2 of them.. Black in colour.. Showing high voltage somewhere.. I scanned again. And another black code came up to total it to 10 codes.. I just told owner.. To go and fix his vehicle.. That the vehicle needs total overhaul.. When I scan.. It brings out multiple colours based on the urgency and seriousness.. Red coloured code means.. Issue already exists.. Green colour code means..pending issues.. That's.. It hasn't come up yet but it will come up.. Just like a warning.. While black code means.. Danger.. Could damage something more in the car.. Infact.. It's the first time I saw a black code in my history of scanning cars..

1 Like

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by wristbangle: 12:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
captainking:
agreed..thats how I went to check one eod in ph.. Seller said.. It's just buy and drive.. Nothing to fix except shocks.. But when I checked the car.. There was so much to fix
..starting from bad interiors.. To vibrating engine.. Heavy jerking while changing gears.. Then I scanned the car.. And.. Wahlaaa... It threw over 8 codes.. With 2 of them.. Black in colour.. Showing high voltage somewhere.. I scanned again. And another black code came up to total it to 10 codes.. I just told owner.. To go and fix his vehicle.. That the vehicle needs total overhaul.. When I scan.. It brings out multiple colours based on the urgency and seriousness.. Red coloured code means.. Issue already exists.. Green colour code means..pending issues.. That's.. It hasn't come up yet but it will come up.. Just like a warning.. While black code means.. Danger.. Could damage something more in the car.. Infact.. It's the first time I saw a black code in my history of scanning cars..

cheesy cheesy Lol your wealth of experience bail you not to purchase dead car. How did u learn scanning the car? Did u take a tech mechanic with u to examine the car?
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2018
wristbangle:

cheesy cheesy Lol your wealth of experience bail you not to purchase dead car. How did u learn scanning the car? Did u take a tech mechanic with u to examine the car?
my brother.. I used the portable scanner thats connected to my phone via Bluetooth using the app.. Torque. .. Viecar.. That's it's name.. And it works wonders...trust me.. It has saved me countless times..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 1:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
maballack:
Please whats the make of your scanner
would be interested to get something similar at least to even detect impending faults

The name is viecar Obd diagnostic scanner.. It works with an app on my phone.. Called torque.... The scanners works very fine.. And even detects impending issues in the car.. Find attached pictures below...

2 Shares

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 2:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
wristbangle:

i did not take a machie ..the scanner is easy to use.. Once you scan it.. It gives you a code and tells you what the code means. And even possible solutions.. About checking a car.. I learnt that one here on Nairaland.. I don't need an expert to check cars for me.. I already know.. What to lookout for indept..its cos I sleep on auto and car section of Nairaland.. And thanks to the gurus here like gazzuzz, mayor123, kingreign, autologic, timifakay and the rest....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by ejembi28(m): 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2018
tescoman90:
@explorer please how do I get the info about a car as you did above

Thanks
Contact COMPUTERGLOBAL on nairaland

1 Like

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by wristbangle: 4:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
captainking:
my brother.. I used the portable scanner thats connected to my phone via Bluetooth using the app.. Torque. .. Viecar.. That's it's name.. And it works wonders...trust me.. It has saved me countless times..
captainking:
i did not take a machie ..the scanner is easy to use.. Once you scan it.. It gives you a code and tells you what the code means. And even possible solutions.. About checking a car.. I learnt that one here on Nairaland.. I don't need an expert to check cars for me.. I already know.. What to lookout for indept..its cos I sleep on auto and car section of Nairaland.. And thanks to the gurus here like gazzuzz, mayor123, kingreign, autologic, timifakay and the rest....

Mehn... Thanks for this valuable input bro cool.

How much would it cost me to buy the portable scanner pls?
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 4:05pm On Apr 28, 2018
wristbangle:

Mehn... Thanks for this valuable input bro cool.

How much would it cost me to buy the portable scanner pls?
depends on your location.. But it's between 4-8k..there are some that's sold that dosent work.. I heard..

1 Like

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by dcole73: 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
captainking:

All na still buy and drive, until the vehicle decides otherwise.
Lol
grin grin grin

Chai, that Wicked seller

2 Likes

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
dcole73:

All na still buy and drive, until the vehicle decides otherwise.
Lol
grin grin grin

Chai, that Wicked seller
Infact eh..now I know the meaning of buy and drive.. You buy it and you drive it.. But the engine will be vibrating like 1975 lorry. ��

2 Likes

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by dcole73: 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2018
captainking:

Well said.
Learnt a lot from those sections too.
And those guys are awesome. Their in-depth knowledge and wealth of experience..............

I would like to add thebigkendo and luvinhubby to that list.

@Captainking
I need a reliable scanner too but not something too expensive. Pls where did you get yours?
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 6:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
dcole73:

Well said.
Learnt a lot from those sections too.
And those guys are awesome. Their in-depth knowledge and wealth of experience..............

I would like to add thebigkendo and luvinhubby to that list.

@Captainking
I need a reliable scanner too but not something too expensive. Pls where did you get yours?
What's your budget bro
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by dcole73: 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
captainking:

What's your budget bro
15k max.
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by captainking(m): 8:13pm On Apr 28, 2018
dcole73:

15k max.
its even too much.. The one I have can be gotten for less than 8k..

1 Like

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Kyllahmc(m): 9:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
Explorers:
https://www.nairaland.com/4475968/275-u.s-2.2m-nigeria-see

Above thread refers pls.

It's called business, as a businessman, is your money or your capital. You buy, you sell or resell at any price of your choice.

Not anybody's business but yours.

What about letting the buyer know exactly what he's buying

Can still remember the face the dealer made when the question was put him that what have you replaced in this vehicle?

Responding to the question, he said nothing, the car came into the country like that clean untouched.

I talked to some people about VIN yesterday, but they don't know it, like hearing from me for the first time and they are all car owners.

That's the reason why people can easily be deceived there.

Who am i to against salvage business or it importation

Is a business, but is all about full disclosure and letting the buyers know what they're paying for.

This vehicle had accident or flooded but has been fixed perfectly.

They walk away because of the history, some will walk in and pay and everybody go home happy.

Why advertise a car to be clean, accident free and the history says something else
well that's buying and selling business for you... if he had told the buyer the actual truth about the vehicle he mighty lose the customer completely or the customer might start pricing lower than he should have, and the Seller might end up losing money..
but all together you are right, it shouldn't be that way... I mean people deserve to know the actual condition of what they are buying
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by computerglobal(m): 10:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
computerglobal:
Comprehensive Vehicle History Report that you can count on to make an informed purchase.

Buy With Confidence

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Explorers(m): 5:09am On Apr 29, 2018
Cosplay:

Perhaps
Sent you a pm bros.
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by tk4rd: 3:49am On May 02, 2018
Explorers:

Above thread refers pls.

It's called business, as a businessman, is your money or your capital. You buy, you sell or resell at any price of your choice.

Can still remember the face the dealer made when the question was put him that what have you replaced in this vehicle?

Responding to the question, he said nothing, the car came into the country like that clean untouched.

I talked to some people about VIN yesterday, but they don't know it, like hearing from me for the first time and they are all car owners.

Is a business, but is all about full disclosure and letting the buyers know what they're paying for.

They walk away because of the history, some will walk in and pay and everybody go home happy.

Why advertise a car to be clean, accident free and the history says something else
Please, how can person check the history of his vehicle with the VIN number please??
I need to run some checks as quick as possible.
Please reply me as soon as possible..
cc cosplay
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by lazeal: 2:34pm On May 04, 2018
skytreader:
A lot of Nigerians do not understand what integrity means.
fixed
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Cosplay: 9:31am On May 08, 2018
tk4rd:
Please,, is this @gmail??

Mail
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by tk4rd: 1:06pm On May 10, 2018
Cosplay:

Mail
Thanks.. I've sent it
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 1:23pm On May 16, 2018
Explorers:

Above thread refers pls.

good afternoon sir. please help me check my boss car history. I want to help her check because she's so good to me and I feel she was sold accident car. 2t2hk31u87c042153. Thanks and God bless you sir
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Gravatar: 2:44pm On May 16, 2018
AyoSammyTunDe:
good afternoon sir. please help me check my boss car history. I want to help her check because she's so good to me and I feel she was sold accident car. 2t2hk31u87c042153. Thanks and God bless you sir
na confam accident car but dem repair am for yankee

1 Like

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by computerglobal(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2018
AyoSammyTunDe:

Comprehensive Vehicle History Report that you can count on to make an informed purchase.

Buy With Confidence

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Bigwin2018: 8:23pm On May 16, 2018
Can you check this vehicle for me, am considering paying for it soon. Thanks in advance. IFMZU73E92UA84967.
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 1:26pm On May 18, 2018
Gravatar:

na confam accident car but dem repair am for yankee
can you help with the picture. I don't have money with me to pay
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by computerglobal(m): 1:40pm On May 18, 2018
Bigwin2018:
Can you check this vehicle for me, am considering paying for it soon. Thanks in advance. IFMZU73E92UA84967.

Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Cosplay: 1:57pm On May 18, 2018
AyoSammyTunDe:

Bigwin2018:

Your email addresses.
Re: The Seller Lied To The Buyer, That's The Reason For This Thread. by Bigwin2018: 8:34pm On May 24, 2018
computerglobal:

Agbo20203@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD Fre$h 2004 Toyota Camry Leather Seats 4plugs N1.6m Toks / Sold! Sold!! Sold!!! 2006 Infinity Fx45 For Sale @ N1.6M Asking Price / Tokunbo 2013 Toyota Venza Xle Awd ________SOLD________

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.