Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card (69700 Views)

512GB Micro SD Card By Integral Memory Is The Largest So Far / Infinix Hot 4/hot 4 Pro: Moving Apps To SD Card / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by valgbo(m): 10:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Offpoint: 10:19pm On Apr 28, 2018
Dacronym:
Very simple I have the same app on all my phones And I have a 128GB memory card for sale 16k call/WhatsApp 09031948582
16k for 128gb memory card, how much be 500gb external hard drive?

4 Likes

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
greenhulk:
So u think a fake memory card will fail to format? Dude u are funny. The best way to buy a genuine SD card is to buy from reputable stores like slot, more expensive than roadside but u are getting the real deal, that is where I buy all my SD cards. A fake SD card will format but will be very slow to write and read files. I remember a friend's fake 'sandisk' card that I tried sending a file of 1gb into.. it took almost 1 and half hour to transfer a file of 1gb. The kind of SD cards that will struggle to play high quality music files.

The best way to know if an SD card is fake or genuine is to download SD insight from the play store, launch the app and if the sd card is genuine it will show the name, manufacture date and capacity, just like the image below. And if u wanna know write and read speed, download A1 SD bench. If ur Sd class is class 4 the it should write at average of 4MB/s, class 6 should write t 6MB/s, class 10 should be around 10MB/s. If ur write speed is way off the class written on the SD card then its probably fake.

People like you should have opened a thread like this.

That is one big problem we face in this world.
Those that know don't say, those that say don't know.

10 Likes

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by oluspicy: 10:31pm On Apr 28, 2018
DOUBLEWAHALA:
there are no two ways of knowing original m card

go to a liable store and buy it

its sold for 4 to 5 k

Bought my 32gb memory card for #3,500 from a reliable store @ computer village. And it's still working perfectly.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
Offpoint:

16k for 128gb memory card, how much be 500gb external hard drive?

I'm not the poster but u can't put a hard drive into ur phone can u? By the way it depends on the manufacturer and the class of the card. If the 128gb is rated U1 (u stands for ultra high speed ) then it has write speed of minimum of 10MB/S. Sold for around 10k. If it is rated U3, then it will write at minimum of 30MB/s. That is insanely fast and the price is around 14-16k depending on the manufacturer.

4 Likes

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Offpoint: 10:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
greenhulk:

I'm not the poster but u can't put a hard drive into ur phone can u? By the way it depends on the manufacturer and the class of the card. If the 128gb is rated U1 (u stands for ultra high speed ) then it has write speed of minimum of 10MB/S. Sold for around 10k. If it is rated U3, then it will write at minimum of 30MB/s. That is insanely fast and the price is around 14-16k depending on the manufacturer.
I can't never buy any SD card or flash more than 4gb... cause be it original or fake... they easily develop fault.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Respect55(m): 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2018
Pls friends, I downloaded the version 1.5.8 version and it still says it is not compatible with my phone. I use infinix note 3.version 7.0
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2018
Offpoint:

I can't never buy any SD card or flash more than 4gb... cause be it original or fake... they easily develop fault.

Well it depends on what u use ur card for I've never had an SD card or flash die on me. I have a 32gb SanDisk flash drive permanently in my car that I have been using for 4 yrs now. 4gb u say? Lol, that cannot even record more than 1hr of FHD video, and if u are recording in 4k, I bet it won't record more than 10 -15 mins. So if u are a YouTuber that record lots of videos, even 64gb won't be enough, plus u need a card with high rated speed for easy and quick trasfers. But if all u need it for is just music then 4gb might be enough for u. Even my music files take more than 8gb.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2018
Empty headed blogger, you choose tech niche, but can't even differentiate a fake & real memory card.

#lazyyouth

3 Likes

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by yungkesh(m): 12:13am On Apr 29, 2018
To know original SD card jxt go to xender and enter download location in settings if u see the SD card option der den it's original.. speaking frm experience.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by taurusdude0(m): 12:20am On Apr 29, 2018
This thread is useless,is the OP a zombie or what.waste of MB
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by taurusdude0(m): 12:39am On Apr 29, 2018
goshen26:

The way I check mine is by asking the seller to allow me send bulky file like video of black panther. If its enter then it is confirm
yeah that's a sure way to check ur mc,cos if it's fake then anything upwards 200 to 300 ish mb will be corrupted. At least for the smaller sd card stopped buy roadside cards long ago so I don't really know max size of larger sd cards cool. If u want cheap sd cards go search Aliexpress u will find one that fits ur budget.

1 Like

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Fahrenhite(m): 5:23am On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Yes it's written in a circle. Picture 1 is class 6, picture 2 is class 10

HC stands for high capacity (4-32gb)
XC stands for extended capacity (64gb-2tb)

This is the only thing i learnt in this thread.

1 Like

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by jaafree: 6:31am On Apr 29, 2018
thanks for nothing. undecided
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Drversatile: 6:42am On Apr 29, 2018
I just bought one fake 32GB sandisk. It has corrupted all the pictures and videos I transferred from the phone to it.

Is it possible to get this pictures and videos back? If yes help me.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Masanto: 6:45am On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Ok, so if I live 500km away from him and I need to get an SD card nko.?
Ah, that means you dnt really know the guy
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Austeeenxx: 7:09am On Apr 29, 2018
The OP posted absolute bull crap. For the ignorant moderators to even move it to the frontpage makes me cringe.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by pacespot(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2018
nice thread. may be useful later. thanks
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Stevewonder(m): 8:22am On Apr 29, 2018
I need USA whatsapp . how much is it ?
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by ruboy(m): 8:46am On Apr 29, 2018
Stevewonder:
I need USA whatsapp . how much is it ?
buzz me on this no let's trade :08139581277
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Bimpe29: 9:48am On Apr 29, 2018
Thanks for this insight

greenhulk:
So u think a fake memory card will fail to format? Dude u are funny. The best way to buy a genuine SD card is to buy from reputable stores like slot, more expensive than roadside but u are getting the real deal, that is where I buy all my SD cards. A fake SD card will format but will be very slow to write and read files. I remember a friend's fake 'sandisk' card that I tried sending a file of 1gb into.. it took almost 1 and half hour to transfer a file of 1gb. The kind of SD cards that will struggle to play high quality music files.

The best way to know if an SD card is fake or genuine is to download SD insight from the play store, launch the app and if the sd card is genuine it will show the name, manufacture date and capacity, just like the image below. And if u wanna know write and read speed, download A1 SD bench. If ur Sd class is class 4 the it should write at average of 4MB/s, class 6 should write t 6MB/s, class 10 should be around 10MB/s. If ur write speed is way off the class written on the SD card then its probably fake.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by twentyk(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Ok, so if I live 500km away from him and I need to get an SD card nko.?
believe me the guy go deliver...looool
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by zomu(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2018
Its not possible to return the SD card after you find out its fake.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Vecto(m): 11:56am On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:

Yes it's written in a circle. Picture 1 is class 6, picture 2 is class 10

HC stands for high capacity (4-32gb)
XC stands for extended capacity (64gb-2tb)

U stands for ultra high speed

U1: write speed of minimum of 10 MB/s
U3: write speed of minimum of 30MB/s. Very fast, found mostly on 128gb upwards SD cards.
please what does read and write speed indicates?
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Vecto(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2018
oluspicy:

Bought my 32gb memory card for #3,500 from a reliable store @ computer village. And it's still working perfectly.

Can you direct me the store? I stay in ikeja. we can meet up..
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Vecto(m): 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:

what about corrupted sd cards? those ones are usually complete in size but they corrupt files on the device
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
Vecto:

please what does read and write speed indicates?

Read speed is how fast data can be read on ur sd card, write speed is how fast ur sd card can had data written on it. If u have an and card with slow wrote speed, let's say class one, then it would take time for pictures taken with it to be processed. It would also struggle in video recording and might not even be able to record full HD or 4k wothout hanging because the speed of the card cannot keep up with the data being recorded. Also it will lead to slow transfer of data into the SD card. I've seen some cards that take up to 10 minutes just to transfer a file of 30mb, how then would u transfer a file of 2gb? It
would just hang along the way.

Same thing with read speed. Let's say u manage to get some files on the SD card, if the read speed is too slow it might not be able to process the files in the card like music and videos without hanging.

In summary, it would take less time to transfer files into a higher rated class memory card than a lower rated card. And for memory cards that are fake, they might corrupt ur data, become too slow to display files or might not even accept large files.

1 Like

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Espada10: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:

This is why Nairaland is still the best site to visit as a Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Brille: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2018
Respect55:
Pls friends, I downloaded the version 1.5.8 version and it still says it is not compatible with my phone. I use infinix note 3.version 7.0

How did you download the 1.5.8 version please?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Brille: 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2018
Espada10:

This is why Nairaland is still the best site to visit as a Nigerian

I agree.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Brille: 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]
greenhulk:

Thanks dude. You make serious sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Picture Of The New Nokia 3310 / Download Room 027 [full Movie] Nollywood Movie - To Your phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.