Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card (70230 Views)

512GB Micro SD Card By Integral Memory Is The Largest So Far / Infinix Hot 4/hot 4 Pro: Moving Apps To SD Card / How To Identify An Original Power Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by sexdoll: 4:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:
So u think a fake memory card will fail to format? Dude u are funny. The best way to buy a genuine SD card is to buy from reputable stores like slot, more expensive than roadside but u are getting the real deal, that is where I buy all my SD cards. A fake SD card will format but will be very slow to write and read files. I remember a friend's fake 'sandisk' card that I tried sending a file of 1gb into.. it took almost 1 and half hour to transfer a file of 1gb. The kind of SD cards that will struggle to play high quality music files.

The best way to know if an SD card is fake or genuine is to download SD insight from the play store, launch the app and if the sd card is genuine it will show the name, manufacture date and capacity, just like the image below. And if u wanna know write and read speed, download A1 SD bench. If ur Sd class is class 4 the it should write at average of 4MB/s, class 6 should write t 6MB/s, class 10 should be around 10MB/s. If ur write speed is way off the class written on the SD card then its probably fake.

You do all that before or after you must have bought the card?
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by ddjay: 4:18pm On Apr 29, 2018
greenhulk:
So u think a fake memory card will fail to format? Dude u are funny. The best way to buy a genuine SD card is to buy from reputable stores like slot, more expensive than roadside but u are getting the real deal, that is where I buy all my SD cards. A fake SD card will format but will be very slow to write and read files. I remember a friend's fake 'sandisk' card that I tried sending a file of 1gb into.. it took almost 1 and half hour to transfer a file of 1gb. The kind of SD cards that will struggle to play high quality music files.

The best way to know if an SD card is fake or genuine is to download SD insight from the play store, launch the app and if the sd card is genuine it will show the name, manufacture date and capacity, just like the image below. And if u wanna know write and read speed, download A1 SD bench. If ur Sd class is class 4 the it should write at average of 4MB/s, class 6 should write t 6MB/s, class 10 should be around 10MB/s. If ur write speed is way off the class written on the SD card then its probably fake.
Oga abeg 2nd benchmark for sd card failed,what do u think is the problem
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by amparas(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
gbengapeter:
Did you just bought a memory card and you which to test it’s originality for you to know if it’s good or bad. You can confirm this in many ways but what we will be discussing about here is just with the use of these simple steps below. Kindly follow up so as to get your problem solved before leaving this article.

How To Check Your Memory Card If itz Fake Or Original

[img]https://4.bp..com/-5sX113Ee7qo/WUtISi5VwHI/AAAAAAAADzg/-b5_cPN6ri0p4ShV5_zS3N4mC0zJhZ1yACLcBGAs/s1600/PicsArt_06-22-05.13.15.jpg[/img]

It In Your Phone And Format It – Formatting your memory card is the best way to test your memory card status, because during this process your phone will scan the memory card and will try to delete all the stuffs on it. If it is successfully scanned and formatted this means your memory card is good and okay. But if not, it means you have bought a fake memory card with virus, so you need to remove it from your phone before it damage your phone.
Note that if you can’t find the format option on your phone, you will need to use your phone’s Antivirus app to format it. The option is always there.

2) Check The SD card Details Very Well – Check for all the necessary things on the memory card before purchases it. Check the serial number, the manufacturer and the country it was imported from. This option is not really advisable because both the bad and good SD cards look alike. Only people with experience can use this method. Better still you should ask the person selling it for you that you want good one because those selling it always recognize fake to original.

Source: https://www.ngtech.com.ng/two-ways-to-know-an-original-sd-card-memory-card/
I'm still wondering how u came up with this as a test for a genuine SDcard grin grin grin
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
sexdoll:

You do all that before or after you must have bought the card?

If seller does not allow u do that before paying then walk away, or take the risk. Rather walk into a reputable store and get ur sd card
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Respect55(m): 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
Brille:

How did you download the 1.5.8 version please?
Thanks in advance.
I typed it into Google and downloaded the apk version. Pardon my limited knowledge of ict
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 30, 2018
ddjay:

Oga abeg 2nd benchmark for sd card failed,what do u think is the problem

I don't understand. Did both read and write fail to complete?
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by ddjay: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2018
greenhulk:

I don't understand. Did both read and write fail to complete?
it showed the status of the internal storage but when I Try to get the benchmark of the sd card, it will show failed. I have bn using the 32gb sd card since 2014 (1st phone and now) even though its showing 29gb as total storage space on the phone. I have not had any problem with the sd card though
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by adeniyilamlek(m): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2018
Dacronym:
Very simple I have the same app on all my phones And I have a 128GB memory card for sale 16k call/WhatsApp 09031948582
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Dacronym(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2018
adeniyilamlek:
Let's talk on WhatsApp
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by FENZY24(m): 1:53pm On Apr 30, 2018
See what my fake 32gb shows
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by JhyMedex: 11:54am On May 01, 2018
greenhulk:

U can look for the apk for version 1.5.8. Just did that and it's now working with my phone.
But boss..d SD card is usually in a pack..dey myt not allow u to remove it frm d pack n test it on ur phone..

.Hw do u check for authenticity at d point of purchase?..
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 01, 2018
JhyMedex:

But boss..d SD card is usually in a pack..dey myt not allow u to remove it frm d pack n test it on ur phone..

.Hw do u check for authenticity at d point of purchase?..

That's the problem. U will hardly differentiate between genuine and fake without opening it. Best thing is to buy from reputable shop.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by JhyMedex: 5:38pm On May 01, 2018
greenhulk:

That's the problem. U will hardly differentiate between genuine and fake without opening it. Best thing is to buy from reputable shop.
Aight..SLOT OR FEMTECH?..
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 01, 2018
JhyMedex:

Aight..SLOT OR FEMTECH?..

I have bought at least 5 genuine Sandisk SD cards from SLOT. DOn't know about FEMTECH
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by JhyMedex: 8:41pm On May 01, 2018
greenhulk:

I have bought at least 5 genuine Sandisk SD cards from SLOT. DOn't know about FEMTECH
Aight Sir!!
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by sirqeeboi(m): 9:44pm On May 01, 2018
greenhulk:

Is ur phone on 7.0 and above? Looks like they remived support for Android 7.0. It works on my phone with Android 6.0 and not compatible with my other phone with 7.0

My phone is 8.1
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Vecto(m): 9:30am On May 05, 2018
greenhulk:

Read speed is how fast data can be read on ur sd card, write speed is how fast ur sd card can had data written on it. If u have an and card with slow wrote speed, let's say class one, then it would take time for pictures taken with it to be processed. It would also struggle in video recording and might not even be able to record full HD or 4k wothout hanging because the speed of the card cannot keep up with the data being recorded. Also it will lead to slow transfer of data into the SD card. I've seen some cards that take up to 10 minutes just to transfer a file of 30mb, how then would u transfer a file of 2gb? It
would just hang along the way.

Same thing with read speed. Let's say u manage to get some files on the SD card, if the read speed is too slow it might not be able to process the files in the card like music and videos without hanging.

In summary, it would take less time to transfer files into a higher rated class memory card than a lower rated card. And for memory cards that are fake, they might corrupt ur data, become too slow to display files or might not even accept large files.

Thanks man.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by biztip: 6:29am On Sep 14, 2018
good thread
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by joshikenna1(m): 8:12am On Sep 14, 2018
You guys ain't seen nothing. Lemme burst your brain. Do you know it's not even about reading and writing speed or even actual capacity? I bought a memory card that will receive files smoothly but will break the file after first use. This it how it works; I collect a song from someone and I listen to it once without any problem. As soon as I play it a second time, it only plays part of the song and gives an error. Same with movies. I spent 3k on this card (32gb). You never can tell a fake from a good one easily. Best is to buy from stores like slot.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by biztip: 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2018
greenhulk:

nice info. pls from ur test, d 32gb u used is it class10. does write speed of 7.25mb good for a original class 10 memory card. tanx
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Titovanzel(f): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2018
My SD card hs password.Dosn't appear wen insertd on a new ph unless I unlock frm d old ph.Any help cos d old ph is bad.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Titovanzel(f): 10:54am On Oct 27, 2018
[quote author=greenhulk post=67095881] Pls,I cn't use my SD card on my new phone cos d card hs password frm d old phone.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by investigator007: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
what device do you use, take it to the nearest carl care office to have it fixed.
Titovanzel:
My SD card hs password.Dosn't appear wen insertd on a new ph unless I unlock frm d old ph.Any help cos d old ph is bad.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by investigator007: 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
restore factory settings with the card in if, or you could even format it, that works on my spark k7.[quote author=Titovanzel post=72450838][/quote]
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Titovanzel(f): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2018
investigator007:
restore factory settings with the card in if, or you could even format it, that works on my spark k7.

Thank u! But wouldn't restoring to factory settings erase the content of the SD card?
Phone brand is Alcatel.
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by odimbannamdi(m): 3:43pm On Dec 22, 2018
Good read
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by offizer(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2019
For your original Mcard, contact Mr on 07031933657. Tested N trusted. 16gb -2000 and 32gb -3000 Bulk purchase only
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by olatayo8296(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2019
Respect55:
Pls friends, I downloaded the version 1.5.8 version and it still says it is not compatible with my phone. I use infinix note 3.version 7.0
download v 1.5.7,it works for my Android 9.0
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by olatayo8296(m): 11:46am On Jun 22, 2019
Masanto:

Ah, that means you dnt really know the guy
who is the guy?
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by okooloyun1(m): 1:21am On Apr 09, 2020
greenhulk:

Nice info
Re: Two Ways To Know An Original SD Card / Memory Card by Asianjollof007: 6:27am On Apr 09, 2020
BadBradley:

Man, I read this thread and didn't know what to be angry at; his horrible English or his silly test of formatting a memory card.

Both fake and genuine memory card will be formatted in any phone.

Quack Nairalander meets a quack moderator and this garbage hits home page!
SMH, oversabi no go kill you..
Say amen!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn 1gb For N200, 2.5gb For N500 And 5gb For N1000 – Night Plan. / Blackberry Phones Are Coming Back In 2021, With 5G And Physical Keyboard / Why You Must Not Press Your Phone Or Answer Call On The Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.