Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? (9438 Views)

You Need To Memorize & Recite This If You Are Travelling This Eid And Other Time / Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 2? / Should Muslims Celebrate December 31st Cross-over Night, Is It Islamic?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by BetaThings: 10:46am On Jun 08, 2018
Empiree:
it is simple bro. When the ayah was reveled, it means THAT IS IT. No new religion. No addition nothing.

Now, If by your definition of bidah, salawat like tunjina, fatih etc are additions or new things, then, figh that was institutionalized by Aimmah is innovation by extension of bidah because there was no such thing when nabi(saw) was alive. And there was nothing like sahih Hadith either in his life time.

You can not condemn bidah where you feel uncomfortable while you condone it where it suits you.

Albaqir already did justice to this but you played sectarian card to evade the reality.

You don't understand bidah at all.

The Fiqh institutionalised by the aimmah is not innovation because no new forms of worship are introduced and no existing forms of worship are abrogated
If I collected the speeches of an author and attribute same to him, nobody can accuse me of paasing off
But all those new salawat are bid;ah because they introduce new salawat not traceable to the Prophet (SAW)
To make matters worse this salawatu (fathi) has virtually supplanted the authentic salawat (Ibraheemiya) handed down by the Prophet (SAW)

Anybody can dream and see the Prophet (SAW); we can congratulate him for that
But we WILL NOT TAKE ANY NEW form of worship from him because it was REVEALED to him
There are two reasons
1. A fraudster can claim to have dreamt; even a nightmare can be presented as a dream bringing in new legislation
2. The Prophet (SAW) gave us all we require before his death. Anyone saying there are new "matters arising" that he (SAW) need to provide guidance upon is mistaken

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Hafeexla(m): 10:46am On Jun 08, 2018
I think the prophet (SAW) as already make these prophecy b4 that: when the time come' the scholar will become unknown, the wise will become a foll, the religion will become divide that there wouldnt be a solution to make it unite, there would be innovation and counter innovation.

But Critically thinking, do you think you should keep following the saudi culture whereas the've change the mantra of these whole believe.

Or how does the way i practice my own belief in religion stop you 4rm practicing yours.

Rather than criticize' make it you own mantra that i belief in Allah, and my belief will make me enter al-janat.
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Hafeexla(m): 10:48am On Jun 08, 2018
LORDI:
2019, the year we vote out buhari... Long live Nigeria. Long live our country
Please kindly remove these shit over here
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by BetaThings: 10:57am On Jun 08, 2018
Empiree:
it is simple bro. When the ayah was reveled, it means THAT IS IT. No new religion. No addition nothing.

Now, If by your definition of bidah, salawat like tunjina, fatih etc are additions or new things, then, figh that was institutionalized by Aimmah is innovation by extension of bidah because there was no such thing when nabi(saw) was alive. And there was nothing like sahih Hadith either in his life time.

You can not condemn bidah where you feel uncomfortable while you condone it where it suits you.

Albaqir already did justice to this but you played sectarian card to evade the reality.

You don't understand bidah at all.

The Fiqh institutionalised by the aimmah is not innovation because no new forms of worship are introduced and no existing forms of worship are abrogated
If I collected the speeches of an author and attribute same to him, nobody can accuse me of paasing off
But all those new salawat are bid;ah because they introduce new salawat not traceable to the Prophet (SAW)
To make matters worse this salawatu (fathi) has virtually supplanted the authentic salawat (Ibraheemiya) handed down by the Prophet (SAW)

Anybody can dream and see the Prophet (SAW); we can congratulate him for that
But we WILL NOT TAKE ANY NEW form of worship from him because it was REVEALED to him
There are two reasons
1. A fraudster can claim to have dreamt; even a nightmare can be presented as a dream bringing in new legislation
2. The Prophet (SAW) gave us all we require before his death. Anyone saying there are new "matters arising" that he (SAW) need to provide guidance upon through the dream of one "random person" is mistaken

1 Like

Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by BetaThings: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2018
AlBaqir:
What the Sufi sheik dreamt in Salatul fatih is perfectly within the limit of the sharia:

It IS NOT within Sharia. He cannot legislate through his dreams
Even Ayatollahs Sistani, Khamenei etc DON'T legislate through dreams

AlBaqir:
1. The content of Salatul fatih

2. The merit of it that "there is NO amal greater than salawat" irrespective of form/version it came with so long its blessings upon Muhammad and his Ahl al-bayt together.

The best guidance (and promising the greatest blessing) is the teaching/action handed down by the Prophet (SAW)
Religion is about obedience, spirituality and following with devotion

A lot of dua are compiled by people these days and circulated on the internet - they sound so deep, logical and comprehensive. But they are inferior
Sincerely they are vastly inferior to whatever has come from the Prophet (SAW) because simply following the Prophet (SAW), trusting in him and doing whatever he has taught/practised (SAW) are additional and more rewarding sources of blessing

AlBaqir:
# The Sufi sheik never claim one should abandon his Wajibat or the popular "salatu Ibrahimiyah"

Actually they have tried to do that by claiming humongous reward for it
How many sufis teach salatu Ibrahimiyat?
People will choose what to do and stick to based on "perception of reward"

AlBaqir:
(which is even and will be a great hujjah against you in Qiyamat)

Leave us to worry about "the great Hujjah against us" while we leave you to worry about the huge issues with your religion

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by BetaThings: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
sleemoon:
Ejo ooo... me I have a question. ...

if I recite solatul fatih, is it a sin?
if I dont recite it, Is it also a sin?

In as much as I know that what am reciting is a prayer on d prophet saw not a curse... So I ll chip dis in.... a Yoruba Adage...

ija olohun ko she gbeja..
Meaning

U can't fight God's Battle...

He alone is sufficient. ...

I pray Allah swa forgive us in all of our wrong doings..ameen

My brother time is precious
If you want to do any religious action
1. You do the one that HAS NO controversy whatsoever
2. You do the one that has the greatest reward for the efforts. That is the greatest output/input ratio because you want every second to count. We know that whatever has authentically come from the Prophet (SAW) is the best

Loom at this
https://abdurrahman.org/2014/10/05/gaining-rewards-for-easy-actions-saheeh-al-kalima-at-tayyib/
https://en.islamway.net/article/27683/easy-actions-for-which-rewards-are-multiplied

2 Likes

Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Augiiee(m): 12:08pm On Jun 08, 2018
Salaat al-Faatih is an innovated du'a. this du'a wasn't practiced by the prophet (S.A.W) nor by his companions.
So the answer to ur question is very simple, why would you practice a du'a that wasn't practiced or recommended by the prophet or his companions while neglecting a du'a that the prophet (S.W.A) practiced and at thesame time recommended for you

1 Like

Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Shafiiimran99: 12:20pm On Jun 08, 2018
Empiree:
Well, your problem seems to be conditions surrounding solatih fatih as in it came through dream or vision and rewards, right?. That's what make it bidi'ah right?.

Very well then. Let's take a look at Sheikhul Islam Ibn Tayimmiya's recommended du'a at dawn (sunnah fajr) before fard fajr. His student Muhammad b. al-Qayyim (Allah have mercy on both of them) relates in two of his books: Madarij al-Salikin and Tariq al-Hijratayn, in which he says that reciting “Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, la ilaha illa ant” every day 40 times after praying the Sunnah of Fajr and before the Fard “revives the heart” and “has an astonishing effect” respectively.

I have been doing this du'a for over a year now since i heard of it. So i recite “Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, la ilaha illa anta” 40 times everyday between two rakat sunnah and 2 rakat fard (fajr). This is in addition to what i already tasked myself.

Concern here is, there is no hadith which relates this du'a at this particular time and this particular count. So this du'a and solati fatih are in the same category. The same condition etc.

Questions are:

Where did Ibn Taymiyya got this recommendation from?. Obviously it is not hadith

Where did he get the count from?

And he mentioned reward attributed to it which is it "revives the heart”

This nakali i have been doing for over a yr. Now is this bid'ah?. To me it is no. To you it is yes. It is no to me bcus it is perfectly in harmony with shari'a. To you it is innovation because nabi didnt recommend it. Sahaba didnt do it. Tabi'in didnt do it. Tabi'in tabi'in didn't do it. Therefore it is bid'ah.

Matn of this du'a is sahih because it has isnad in the kitab and sunnah. Your problem is the reward and how Ibn Taymiyyah got it. So my question is, is Ibn Taymiyyah ahlul bid'ah for recommending this du'a at dawn btw fajr sunnah and fard?. So now you have not only Sheikh Inyas to worry about but your revered sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah as well. I got more for you in case you wanna dodge this.

Now this du'a, “Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, la ilaha illa anta” which revives the heart, is one of the greatest "Isme- Azam" Allah's Greatest Name being recited was also recounted by Imam khatani(ra) who said he had a dream and saw the prophet(saw) who gave him this “Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, la ilaha illa anta” to be recited 40 times.

Now are you ready to crucify this sheikh too and tag him evil bid'ah?. Do you know better than them? #yeyeman cheesy

Saying 'Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoom' 40 times before Fajr prayer
Fatwa Date : Rajab 21, 1436 / 11-5-2015
Question
Assalam Alaykum Rahmatullah wa Barrakatu,I saw this on one of the sites and just want to check its authenticity and whether it not its ok to engage in saying this.I want to keep away from innovation and doubtful matters but want to check.Please provide advice on this matter.Reciting “ya Hayyu, ya Qayyum” before dawn Posted on January 6, 2011 by Shaykh Gibril Fouad Haddad Question: assalamu alaikum, Is there a hadith that recommends one to recite “ya Hayyu, ya Qayyum” (The Living, Sustainer) 41 times before dawn? If there is, could you relate that hadith for me.Answer:wa `alaykum salam,I do not know of any hadith to that effect; rather it is a saying of Ahmad b. Taymiyya which his student Muhammad b. al-Qayyim (Allah have mercy on both of them) relates in two of his books: Madarij al-Salikin and Tariq al-Hijratayn, in which he says that reciting “Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, la ilaha illa ant” every day 40 times after praying the Sunnah ofFajr and before the Fard “revives the heart” and “has an astonishing effect” respectively.Hajj Gibril Haddad
Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad , is His slave and Messenger.
What you mentioned about Ibn al-Qayyim is correct. He quoted his Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah as saying this in two of his books, which you mentioned in the question.
This Thikr is legitimate. What is problematic however is its fixation to a specific number, namely forty times. The basis of the problem is that it involves restricting a certain act of worship to a certain time and a certain number. This is a restriction of something that is unrestricted in the Sharee'ah, and it opposes what Ibn Taymiyyah and other scholars have affirmed.
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah said: “ It is not right for anyone to institute for people any kind of Athkaar (remembrances) or invocations of prayer that have not been prescribed (by Sharee'ah), and to make them a regular act of worship which people practice regularly as they practice the five prayers regularly. In fact, this consists in innovating an act of obedience which Allaah has not allowed, in contrast to the invocations of prayer which one says occasionally without making them traditions for people. If it is not known that the latter comprises of a forbidden signification, it is not permissible to assert that it is forbidden, although it may entail being so without one realizing it. This is similar to when one invokes Allaah in prayer when necessary with an invocation with which he is inspired at that time. This and the like of it are similar. ” [End of quote]
Therefore, the statement of Ibn al-Qayyim which he quoted from Saying 'Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoom' 40 times before Fajr prayer
Question
Assalam Alaykum Rahmatullah wa Barrakatu,I saw this on one of the sites and just want to check its authenticity and whether it not its ok to engage in saying this.I want to keep away from innovation and doubtful matters but want to check.Please provide advice on this matter.Reciting “ya Hayyu, ya Qayyum” before dawn Posted on January 6, 2011 by Shaykh Gibril Fouad Haddad Question: assalamu alaikum, Is there a hadith that recommends one to recite “ya Hayyu, ya Qayyum” (The Living, Sustainer) 41 times before dawn? If there is, could you relate that hadith for me.Answer:wa `alaykum salam,I do not know of any hadith to that effect; rather it is a saying of Ahmad b. Taymiyya which his student Muhammad b. al-Qayyim (Allah have mercy on both of them) relates in two of his books: Madarij al-Salikin and Tariq al-Hijratayn, in which he says that reciting “Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyum, la ilaha illa ant” every day 40 times after praying the Sunnah ofFajr and before the Fard “revives the heart” and “has an astonishing effect” respectively.Hajj Gibril Haddad
Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad , is His slave and Messenger.
What you mentioned about Ibn al-Qayyim is correct. He quoted his Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah as saying this in two of his books, which you mentioned in the question.
This Thikr is legitimate. What is problematic however is its fixation to a specific number, namely forty times. The basis of the problem is that it involves restricting a certain act of worship to a certain time and a certain number. This is a restriction of something that is unrestricted in the Sharee'ah, and it opposes what Ibn Taymiyyah and other scholars have affirmed.
Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah said: “ It is not right for anyone to institute for people any kind of Athkaar (remembrances) or invocations of prayer that have not been prescribed (by Sharee'ah), and to make them a regular act of worship which people practice regularly as they practice the five prayers regularly. In fact, this consists in innovating an act of obedience which Allaah has not allowed, in contrast to the invocations of prayer which one says occasionally without making them traditions for people. If it is not known that the latter comprises of a forbidden signification, it is not permissible to assert that it is forbidden, although it may entail being so without one realizing it. This is similar to when one invokes Allaah in prayer when necessary with an invocation with which he is inspired at that time. This and the like of it are similar. ” [End of quote]
Therefore, the statement of Ibn al-Qayyim which he quoted from Ibn Taymiyyah both, should be understood according to the above clear statement. And we should seek an excuse for Ibn Taymiyyah as he may have relied on a Hadeeth which we have not come across, or may have relied upon a statement of a Companion, and there are other possibilities that do not make it permissible for us to have recourse to this Thikr on a regular basis and with this particular number and at a time that is specified for doing so, unless we come across sound evidence for this specification. both, should be understood according to the above clear statement. And we should seek an excuse for Ibn Taymiyyah as he may have relied on a Hadeeth which we have not come across, or may have relied upon a statement of a Companion, and there are other possibilities that do not make it permissible for us to have recourse to this Thikr on a regular basis and with this particular number and at a time that is specified for doing so, unless we come across sound evidence for this specification. ISLAMWEB.NET

So, you can use this one as a backup and the question is, how scholars have recommended or encouraged it? However, Ibn Taymiyyah is a human and is bound to make mistake so you don't follow what has no basis from Qur'an and sunnah
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
Shafiiimran99:

Saying 'Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoom' 40 times before Fajr prayer
Question
Answer
Therefore, the statement of Ibn al-Qayyim which he quoted from Saying 'Ya Hayyu Ya Qayyoom' 40 times before Fajr prayer
Question
Answer
Therefore, the statement of Ibn al-Qayyim which he quoted from Ibn Taymiyyah both, should be understood according to the above clear statement. And we should seek an excuse for Ibn Taymiyyah as he may have relied on a Hadeeth which we have not come across, or may have relied upon a statement of a Companion, and there are other possibilities that do not make it permissible for us to have recourse to this Thikr on a regular basis and with this particular number and at a time that is specified for doing so, unless we come across sound evidence for this specification. both, should be understood according to the above clear statement. And we should seek an excuse for Ibn Taymiyyah as he may have relied on a Hadeeth which we have not come across, or may have relied upon a statement of a Companion, and there are other possibilities that do not make it permissible for us to have recourse to this Thikr on a regular basis and with this particular number and at a time that is specified for doing so, unless we come across sound evidence for this specification. ISLAMWEB.NET

So, you can use this one as a backup and the question is, how scholars have recommended or encouraged it? However, Ibn Taymiyyah is a human and is bound to make mistake so you don't follow what has no basis from Qur'an and sunnah
Adhkar are something encouraged regularly. You still end up at specific number at the end of the day. So i dont see how this is a problem. Adhkar are not restricted at any point in time. Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah(ra) recommended early morning. If you search further, you will see many other sheikh recommended other times as well to indicate it is not restricted. It can be done anytime as you deem fit. So the issue of innovation is really irrelevant here.
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2018
sleemoon:

Thats it. They dont understand
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by lanzie90: 10:02pm On Jun 08, 2018
When 'll we learn to be reasonable? We have a lot of e-rats potraying themselves as Islamic scholars. Their form of propagation is attacking other muslims who dont share their view. What os paramount in dis endtime fpr muslims is unity and not some ignoramus shouting Bid'ah.......That's one reason rate at which muslims cpnvert to christianity in dis part of d world is higher than the otherwise
Most scholars have turned this bid'ah to an anthem instead of dem preparing us for the trials we re abt to encounter by d coming of the antichrist.
No wonder Sheikh Imran Hosein can't withstand d dumbness of such so called scholars
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Shafiiimran99: 12:02am On Jun 09, 2018
Empiree:
Adhkar are something encouraged regularly. You still end up at specific number at the end of the day. So i dont see how this is a problem. Adhkar are not restricted at any point in time. Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah(ra) recommended early morning. If you search further, you will see many other sheikh recommended other times as well to indicate it is not restricted. It can be done anytime as you deem fit. So the issue of innovation is really irrelevant here.
Nobody has right to do so expect what has been prescribed in Qur'an and sunnah. What you don't seem to understand Is that believing in salat faathi is like saying revelation has not ended. Therefore, Qur'an is not the last book cos another person can come tomorrow and claim Allah has revealed another way of performing Salah ( 5 daily prayer ), fasting, hajj etc. Now, the question is, how would you handle such a person?
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 1:17am On Jun 09, 2018
Shafiiimran99:

Nobody has right to do so expect what has been prescribed in Qur'an and sunnah. What you don't seem to understand Is that believing in salat faathi is like saying revelation has not ended. Therefore, Qur'an is not the last book cos another person can come tomorrow and claim Allah has revealed another way of performing Salah ( 5 daily prayer ), fasting, hajj etc. Now, the question is, how would you handle such a person?
If this is your understanding you can please stick to it if that is the way you understood it.

I'm tired of saying this over again. What kind of understanding you people have?. Don't you people have sense?. Could you post solati fatih and tell us what in the text that is new in Islam?.

They explained to you people over and over many times but you chose to be stubborn. This is why knowledgeable people don't wanna argue with you people. Sad

And solati Ibrahimiyah in itself is a mere recommendation not definitive. Not to be said at a specific time. It is not even directly sending salawat on the prophet either. Rather is prophet Muhammad is using nabi Ibrahim as tawasul in solati Ibrahimiyah. solati Ibrahimiyah is a formula of all salawat. There is no restriction on this revolving practice unlike obligatory ones

But the Aimmah recommended solati Ibrahimiyah after every tashahud not sahaba and not the prophet himself. Is that bidah too?. I'm really not taking any of you serious anyways cus I know for sure you all part time.

For the last time, can you tell us what is new in this?. Can you tell us what nabi Muhammad never heard of in this?

Is it Allahumma salli ‘ala sayyidina MuHammadin al-faatiHi lima ughliqa (O Allah, send blessings on our master Muhammad, who opened what was closed) he never heard of?. After series of prophets and messengers seized for almost 600 yrs, advent of nabi Muhammad opened a new chapter.

or is it Wal khaatimi lima sabaqa (Who sealed what had gone before) he never heard of?. And he(saw) was the seal of prophethood.

or is it Naasiril Haqqa bil Haqq (The helper of Truth by the Truth,) he didnt hear of? Indeed unless you and other like you dont believe that nabi is the truth. He made the truth manifest to mankind. You have problems with this, man?

or is it Wal haadi ‘ila siratiqal mustaqeem (The guide to Your straight path) he never heard of? What did nabi was sent for?. Isnt to guide mankind to the straight path?

or this is new to him too? Wa ‘ala aalihi Haqqa qadrihi wa miqdaarihil ‘adheem (And on his family, may these blessings be equal to his immense position and grandeur.). Doesn't solati Ibrahimiyah also sends salawat on prophet's household?.

So now, what exactly is new in the above?. Can you tell without being sentimental?. What is bidiah here or you simply misunderstood BIDIA?.

Solati Ibrahimiyah is humble format. By that i mean you dont expect nabi(saw) to praise himself. It is responsibility of the muslims to do that on his behalf. That's what solati Fatih does. And every single word in solatih fatih is in the Quran. So again, how is it bid'ah?. Obviously you people have wrong definition of bidia. Maybe you need to condemn Muhammad al-Busairi(ra) who composed many burda and salat for the prophet(saw). You guys are really incredible with this kind of nonsensical approach to islam.
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:07am On Jun 09, 2018
sleemoon:

In as much as I know that what am reciting is a prayer on d prophet saw not a curse... So I ll chip dis in.... a Yoruba Adage...

ija olohun ko she gbeja..
Meaning

U can't fight God's Battle...

He alone is sufficient. ...

I pray Allah swa forgive us in all of our wrong doings..ameen

Dear Bro,

No one is fighting Allah's battle. A Muslim is meant to enjoin good and forbid evil everywhere he is! One of the greatest evil common in Islam nowadays is innovation (Bid'a). And innovation usually erases Sunnah!

So no one can fight God's battle.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]

“You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allaah” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:110]
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Rashduct4luv(m): 9:11am On Jun 09, 2018
Empiree:
If this is your understanding you can please stick to it if that is the way you understood it.

I'm tired of saying this over again. What kind of understanding you people have?. Don't you people have sense?. Could you post solati fatih and tell us what in the text that is new in Islam?.

If you are tired then stop responding! Is anyone forcing you to reply? It is not new but it's simply an innovation gotten from a purported dream with exaggerated rewards!

[s]They explained to you people over and over many times but you chose to be stubborn. This is why knowledgeable people don't wanna argue with you people. Sad[/s]

Empiree:
And solati Ibrahimiyah in itself is a mere recommendation not definitive. Not to be said at a specific time. It is not even directly sending salawat on the prophet either. Rather is prophet Muhammad is using nabi Ibrahim as tawasul in solati Ibrahimiyah. solati Ibrahimiyah is a formula of all salawat. There is no restriction on this revolving practice unlike obligatory ones
But the Aimmah recommended solati Ibrahimiyah after every tashahud not sahaba and not the prophet himself. Is that bidah too?. I'm really not taking any of you serious anyways cus I know for sure you all part time.

Why are you interpreting Salah Al-Ibraheemiyah in a soofy way? How is it a formula o? Formula ko Algebra ni! The Prophet taught us how to send blessings on him so we reject the one given to soofys in dream!

In contrary to your claims, it was the Prophet who instructed the Sahabahs to send blessings on him before Taslim. “Pray as you have seen me praying.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (631). Go and read about the Prophet's prayer! Also re-read what is Bid'a.

Empiree:

[s]For the last time, can you tell us what is new in this?. Can you tell us what nabi Muhammad never heard of in this?

Is it Allahumma salli ‘ala sayyidina MuHammadin al-faatiHi lima ughliqa (O Allah, send blessings on our master Muhammad, who opened what was closed) he never heard of?. After series of prophets and messengers seized for almost 600 yrs, advent of nabi Muhammad opened a new chapter.

or is it Wal khaatimi lima sabaqa (Who sealed what had gone before) he never heard of?. And he(saw) was the seal of prophethood.

or is it Naasiril Haqqa bil Haqq (The helper of Truth by the Truth,) he didnt hear of? Indeed unless you and other like you dont believe that nabi is the truth. He made the truth manifest to mankind. You have problems with this, man?

or is it Wal haadi ‘ila siratiqal mustaqeem (The guide to Your straight path) he never heard of? What did nabi was sent for?. Isnt to guide mankind to the straight path?

or this is new to him too? Wa ‘ala aalihi Haqqa qadrihi wa miqdaarihil ‘adheem (And on his family, may these blessings be equal to his immense position and grandeur.). Doesn't solati Ibrahimiyah also sends salawat on prophet's household?.
[/s]

[s]So now, what exactly is new in the above?. Can you tell without being sentimental?. What is bidiah here or you simply misunderstood BIDIA?.[/s]

If i dream and bring out a meaningful du'a claiming it is from the Prophet with extraordinary rewards will you accept it?

Empiree:
Solati Ibrahimiyah is humble format. By that i mean you dont expect nabi(saw) to praise himself. It is responsibility of the muslims to do that on his behalf. That's what solati Fatih does. And every single word in solatih fatih is in the Quran. So again, how is it bid'ah?. Obviously you people have wrong definition of bidia. Maybe you need to condemn Muhammad al-Busairi(ra) who composed many burda and salat for the prophet(saw). You guys are really incredible with this kind of nonsensical approach to islam.

The Prophet did not praise himself and he warned us not to exaggerate on him! We don't need to over-praise him. "Nonsensical" you say? I think Soofees are more nonsensical in their ideology! I don't need to condemn anyone who doesn't ascribe du'as to dreams from the Prophet!

Al-Bukhaari (3445) narrated from ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: I heard the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians exaggerated in praising the son of Maryam, for I am but a slave, so say: the slave of Allah and His Messenger.”

Imam Ahmad (12551) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik that a man said: O Muhammad, O our master (sayyid) and the son of our master, the best of us and the son of the best of us. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “O people, you should fear Allah and do not let the Shaytaan make you get carried away. I am Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullah, the slave of Allah and His Messenger. By Allah, I do not like for you to raise me above my station to which Allah appointed me.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah (1097)

And there are many similar hadiths.

You may send this two hadiths to Sidna Sheikh and others the next time you commune with them!
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 9:34am On Jun 09, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

If you are tired then stop responding! Is anyone forcing you to reply? It is not new but it's simply an innovation gotten from a purported dream with exaggerated rewards!

[s]They explained to you people over and over many times but you chose to be stubborn. This is why knowledgeable people don't wanna argue with you people. Sad[/s]

Why are you interpreting Salah Al-Ibraheemiyah in a soofy way? How is it a formula o? Formula ko Algebra ni! The Prophet taught us how to send blessings on him so we reject the one given to soofys in dream!

In contrary to your claims, it was the Prophet who instructed the Sahabahs to send blessings on him before Taslim. “Pray as you have seen me praying.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (631). Go and read about the Prophet's prayer! Also re-read what is Bid'a.

If i dream and bring out a meaningful du'a claiming it is from the Prophet with extraordinary rewards will you accept it?

The Prophet did not praise himself and he warned us not to exaggerate on him! We don't need to over-praise him. "Nonsensical" you say? I think Soofees are more nonsensical in their ideology! I don't need to condemn anyone who doesn't ascribe du'as to dreams from the Prophet!

Al-Bukhaari (3445) narrated from ‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that he said: I heard the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) say: “Do not exaggerate in praising me as the Christians exaggerated in praising the son of Maryam, for I am but a slave, so say: the slave of Allah and His Messenger.”

Imam Ahmad (12551) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik that a man said: O Muhammad, O our master (sayyid) and the son of our master, the best of us and the son of the best of us. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “O people, you should fear Allah and do not let the Shaytaan make you get carried away. I am Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullah, the slave of Allah and His Messenger. By Allah, I do not like for you to raise me above my station to which Allah appointed me.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah (1097)

And there are many similar hadiths.

You may send this two hadiths to Sidna Sheikh and others the next time you commune with them!

so you can call the prophet sayyid?. But 3yrs ago or so, you guys were arguing about the use of sayyid. Anyways, save that for another day.

So tell us what exactly in solati fatih that overpraises nabi?. Unless you do not believe in attributes of the prophet in solati fatih, let's us know now because every word in it is derived from Qur'an

Is it nabi Muhammad being called fatih (the one who opened what was closed an exerggeration?

Is khattam nabi I:e khatim limosabaka (seal of prophethood an exerggeration?. Let us know because the moment you deny these, then, you are placed in the same category of Ahmadiya. You don't understand Islam.

"Pray as you see me pray", did he recite solati Ibrahimiya in ssolat after atahiyat? grin shocked that's the point
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Shafiiimran99: 2:37pm On Jun 09, 2018
Empiree:

They explained to you people over and over many times but you chose to be stubborn. This is why knowledgeable people don't wanna argue with you people. Sad

For the last time, can you tell us what is new in this?. Can you tell us what nabi Muhammad never heard of in this?

So now, what exactly is new in the above?. Can you tell without being sentimental?. What is bidiah here or you simply misunderstood BIDIA?.

Answer the question asked you
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
Answer the question asked you
what question?
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Alhajiemeritus: 7:47am On Jun 10, 2018
(SALAATIL FAATIH IN QURA'AN)
suratu maidat ayya 114 you will see (Alahuma) Suratu taubat ayya 103 you will see (Solli) Suratu Kahfi ayya 27 you will see (Alaa) suratu AL imuran ayya 39 you will see (seiydinaa) suratul qotaal ayya 2 you will see (Muhammad) suratul Aaroff ayya 89 you will see (Alfaatihi) suratul furqon ayya 20 you will see (Limaa) suratu Yusuf ayya 23 you will see (ugliqo) suratul Ahzaab ayya 40 you will see (wal Khatimi) suratul maidat ayya 141 you will see (Limaa) suratu huudu ayya 40 you will see (sabaqo) suratu Toriq ayya 10 you will see (Naasiru) suratul khahf ayya 13 you will see (Alhaq) suratul Asri ayya 2, you will see (bilhaq) suratul hajj ayya 54 you will see (Alhaadi) suratu jinnu ayya 2 you will see (ila) suratul Aaroff ayya 10 (siraatal mustaqiim) suratu Yusuf ayya 2 (wa ala Aalihi) suratu hajj ayya 74 you will see (haqqo Qodri hi) suratul ma'aarij ayya 4 you will see (wamiqdaarihi) suratu taubat ayya 129 you will see (Al'Azeem)
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 7:53am On Jun 10, 2018
Alhajiemeritus, send email to MOD to restore your post. Spambot blocked you
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Shafiiimran99: 12:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Empiree:
what question?
I said if another person come now and claim Allah that has revealed another way of performing Salah ( 5 daily prayer ), fasting, hajj etc like Tijjani did. How would you handle such a person?
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
Shafiiimran99:

I said if another person come now and claim Allah that has revealed another way of performing Salah ( 5 daily prayer ), fasting, hajj etc like Tijjani did. How would you handle such a person?
What's new form of obligatory worship tijjaniya did?. I am not aware of that. Or your are speaking of their principles (morning and evening litanies) Istgfar, shahada, salatu alâ nabiy?
This is dhikr. It is tassawuf. Tassawuf is QUR'AN and Sunnah.

And since solat fatih and many other solati besides it have been around, did anyone ever claimed they are a new revelations?.

Religion is complete is in the sense that no new things would be or can be added. You guys don't understand Islam. You don't understand faraid Islam. All the fard of Islam are intact. No one can bring a new thing. That's, no muslim would agree to a new form of salat, Ramadan, haj, zakat etc.

But when it comes to voluntary acts like doing dhikr and salaams on the prophet, there is no restriction so long as it is within confinement of shariah. Now go and read solati fatih I posted and tell us what's new?. Maybe you need to read old Tira and look for bunch of salawat there. It is called "isaamashitta". It is Tira awón agbalagba filled with solati ala nabiy(saw). Were they upon dolal?. You know better than them?

Throughout the history of Islam, there have been people who praised the prophet (saw) like Muhammad Busairi through his burda and salawat. Prophet didn't teach him that. Everything in his praises of him is confined within shariah.

So when Hadith says "Do Not Aggrandize me as Christians Aggrandized Jesus until they took him as object of worship " simply means don't call nabi Muhammad God or son of God. If you can avoid these, then praise him however you want. Form any salawat for him as much as you want. Solati Ibrahimiya is not static.
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Alhajiemeritus: 8:58am On Jun 11, 2018
Empiree:
Alhajiemeritus, send email to MOD to restore your post. Spambot blocked you
I did, but no reply .
Now ban has expired, but my post is still hidden.
Re: Which Should Muslims Recite Salaat Al-faatih Or Salaat Al-ibraheemiyah 1? by Empiree: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
I did, but no reply .
Now ban has expired, but my post is still hidden.
yes, unless they respond. It is either sissie or mukina. They will restore it since I have mentioned them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Family Planning In Islam / Longest Ramadan 1433 AH Fast In Denmark / Custody Of Children After Divorce In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.