Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide (47618 Views)

Army Arrests, Detains Officers Over Intercepted Weaponised Drones At Airport / Burial Arrangements For Gov. Ortom's Aide Announced, To Be Buried On Sept 14 / Tavershima Adyorough, Ortom's Aide Murdered In Makurdi; Wife Shot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by anibirelawal(m): 8:51am On Apr 29, 2018
authority2006:

There is one line in the report about the man which many people might have overlooked:

Repent from what?

You can imagine?

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by Bimpe29: 9:39am On Apr 29, 2018
The killing in Benue is political
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by authority2006(m): 9:40am On Apr 29, 2018
naijaking1:

Preventing the criminal Fulani herdsmen from killing farmers

How are they doing it? We heard that these criminals called livestock guards haven't been paid for the past six months, what were they eating? How were they surviving? I guess by killing herdsmen and rustling their cattle.
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by labi1977(m): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2018
authority2006:

I'm still asking one question that no one has been able to answer: how are these militia or livestock guards enforcing anti open grazing law in Benue state? Are they not killing herdsmen? Are they not killing and rustling their cattle? If no, how are they discharging their duty?

You people are fond of arguing off point always but let me waste my time with you a bit even though you still wont agree and you already know most of the answers to your questions

open grazing is ***illegal in most of these states

the cattle r **legally seized which leads to fighting and killing on both sides usually by fulani

all killers are guilty but self defence is less guilty

this article makes no sense it looks like a setup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by authority2006(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2018
gidgiddy:

The role if the Nigerian Army is not to fight crime.

It's like saying that the role of the Nigerian Navy is do traffic warden

The Nigerian Army had no right to arrest anyone for "allegedly" doing anything, that is the job of the Police.

And I'm telling you that that is not what is happening in Nigeria as at today. You're talking about "what ought to be" while I'm talking about "what it is", reality.
If the police in any country are overwhelmed by internal crisis, the government would call on the military to assist and that's what has been happening since 2008/09.
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by darkmanix: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2018
labi1977:

You people are fond of arguing off point always but let me waste my time with you a bit even though you still wont agree and you already know most of the answers to your questions

open grazing is ***illegal in most of these states

the cattle r **legally seized which leads to fighting and killing on both sides usually by fulani

all killers are guilty but self defence is less guilty

this article makes no sense it looks like a setup

livestock guards made up of former criminal elements and political thugs cum killing machines are in the business of kidnapping and cattle rustling but the media will never tell you that.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by darkmanix: 9:55am On Apr 29, 2018
its funny how igbos support the criminal tiv gangs,go to zaki biam and ask how many igbo traders wives were kidnapped by these gangs,some are still in detention as i write. armed robbery is rife in that state but the government care less only to shout fulanis all the time is their forte.
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by 7lives: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2018
Paperwhite:
So Ortom's aide is now the culpable Miyetti Allah members who openly claimed responsibility for the Benue killings

If Ortom is not MAD, he won't appoint a boko Haramist as a member of his cabinet.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by enlady(f): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2018
Is Gov Ortom now in the Pdp?
angry
deji17:

Fear let him? Now their PDP Governors / Aides are being identified and arrested as the Financier / Sponsor of killings in Middle Belt Nigeria. All in an attempt to make Nigeria "Ungovernable for Buhari". But God pass them and they will all be exposed and eventually be put to shame.
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by magzey: 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
gidgiddy:
The Nigerian Army has no constitutional right to arrest anybody
Mr constitution ,but they have the right to do python dance
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by naijaking1: 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2018
authority2006:

How are they doing it? We heard that these criminals called livestock guards haven't been paid for the past six months, what were they eating? How were they surviving? I guess by killing herdsmen and rustling their cattle.

Now, you want to change the subject to salaries? Try harder, the issue is the army arresting all known and perceived enemies of the herdsmen such as local farmers, security outfits, and helpless victims, instead of arresting the criminal herdsmen.
What becomes of our country when the Nigerian army officially becomes Fulani herdsmen army?
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by gidgiddy: 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2018
authority2006:

And I'm telling you that that is not what is happening in Nigeria as at today. You're talking about "what ought to be" while I'm talking about "what it is", reality.
If the police in any country are overwhelmed by internal crisis, the government would call on the military to assist and that's what has been happening since 2008/09.

Yes it is true that when the Police are overwhelmed, the Army can be sent in to help the Police. But we see cases where even when the Police are not overwhelmed, they still send in the Army.

An example of this us operation Python dance. There was no violent situation in the East, IPOB was unarmed and didn't kill anyone, none of the authorities complained that they were overwhelmed. Yet, they still sent the Army there.

The job of the Nigerian Army is not to fight crime, their job is national defence. Crime fighting is the job of the Police. It is the Police that has the mandate to investigate, arrest and charge to court. In a case where the Army is backing the Police, it is still not the Job of the Army to arrest anybody.

This impunity must stop.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
So Igede people are there, no reasonable position. But they are giving outsiders posts. Tiv people, continuu
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by lonelydora: 3:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
cronsberg:
How do you know its buhari brothers? Do you have some kind of intelligence reports that the security agencies dont have, or is it that your hatred for anything fulani will simply not allow you to make informed decisions. Come to think of it, why do you hate fulani people anyway? Have you personally ever met a fulani person before? How did it go? See eh, nobody is born hating another, we are just conditioned to hate. Have you ask yourself whether you are been played by politicians and their diabolical ways? This world is nothing o. Focus on serving your creator better and remove hate from your heart.

Which religion are you inclined to?
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by authority2006(m): 4:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
naijaking1:

Now, you want to change the subject to salaries? Try harder, the issue is the army arresting all known and perceived enemies of the herdsmen such as local farmers, security outfits, and helpless victims, instead of arresting the criminal herdsmen.
What becomes of our country when the Nigerian army officially becomes Fulani herdsmen army?

You don't have to lie or be biased to make point. I can dig your different news links that reported the arrest of armed herdsmen up till yesterday. Unless you are saying that all herdsmen should be arrested and I won't be surprised, some have called on the government to declare all of them terrorists.
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by writeprof(m): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
May God help Orton because he is the person they are after. It's so so sad and painful that blood is being shed just to prove to him that he is helpless even as a governor.
Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by poseidon12: 1:34am On Apr 30, 2018
Under Buhari, Nigeria has gone to the dogs. Nigeria is now a Fulani enclave. Shame on the Army. They have been turned into Fulani Army.
And Shame on Gov Ortom for not speaking up in defense of the innocent man the Fulani Army are framing up.

1 Like

Re: Army Arrests Aliyu Teshaku, Governor Ortom’s Aide by naijaking1: 1:48am On Apr 30, 2018
authority2006:

You don't have to lie or be biased to make point. I can dig your different news links that reported the arrest of armed herdsmen up till yesterday. Unless you are saying that all herdsmen should be arrested and I won't be surprised, some have called on the government to declare all of them terrorists.

After all the killing, and pillaging, these herdsmen are not only terrorists, but now must be shoot or eliminated at sight somehow!
This view is shared by the majority who have lost loved ones, or came close to loosing their own lives to this barbaric group.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Reelection: Banky W, Simi, Debola Lagos Contracted With ₦200M- Leaders.ng / Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's Sleeping Photo That Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.