Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate (47631 Views)

Lagos 2023: Tinubu Endorses Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat As Governor, Deputy Governor / Ambode Endorses Sanwo-olu, Hamzat As Lagos Next Governor, Deputy (picture) / Lagos APC Announces Femi Hamzat As Jide Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by deomelo: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2018

Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Lagos state, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu, has picked his former rival for the party’s governorship ticket, Babafemi Hamzat, as his running mate, Concise News has learned.

Sanwo-Olu, who became the candidate of the APC after defeating the incumbent governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, in the primary election, made the decision due to the support he received from Hamzat in the runoff to the primary, a source familiar with the situation told our correspondent.

Hamzat, a former Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure in the state, was a major contender in the race for the APC governorship ticket before stepping down for Sanwo-Olu.

He had said that his decision to withdraw from the race was borne out of greater good for Lagos than the benefit of an individual.

“Having been part and parcel of the formulation and execution of various policies and programmes that transformed Lagos right from former governors Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola’s administrations, I strongly believe that Sanwo-Olu is equally rooted to fly our party’s flag in the 2019 elections.

“I have no doubt that he is well placed and equipped to take Lagos to greater height, hence my stepping down for him,” Hamzat had said.

A source told our correspondent that Sanwo-Olu’s decision to pick Hamzat was part of the agreement reached before the latter stepped down.

This decision, the source said, became imperative due to the political weight Hamzat currently enjoys in the state as a major member of “The Justice Forum, which partnered The Mandate Movement”, a group loyal to Bola Tinubu, to affirm Sanwo-Olu’s candidacy.

“Yes, I can tell you that he has picked Hamzat, in fact he made the decision before the primary”, the source told our correspondent, noting that “an official statement will be issued soon to that effect”.

When asked why Sanwo-Olu picked Hamzat rather than a female running mate, the source said: “Hamzat is from a strong group (The Justice Forum) and they had a deal with The Mandate Movement to ensure Sanwo-Olu wins the primary.”

The source added that: “With the kind of political weight Hamzat enjoys in Lagos, Sanwo-Olu cannot in anyway ignore him.”

But at the time of this report, Sanwo-Olu, who would battle Jimi Agbaje of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at next year’s governorship election, had yet to issue a statement.

https://www.concisenews.global/2018/10/09/lagos-apc-governorship-candidate-sanwo-olu-picks-running-mate/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by shutto: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2018
grin
Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by IrokoOluwere: 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2018
Isn’t that the same Hamzat that stepped down for him?
Cool.
Now boys ,go flog that PDP regular customer as usual .

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by hucienda: 2:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
Dis combo tight o ... ee go hard for JK sha except miracle hapun.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by deomelo: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Shuku0kukobambi: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
If true, this is solid...very very solid cheesy

That is 2 powerful Lagos boys combining. Mehn, APC can go and sleep. If PDP thought they had a chance before, it just got extinguished.

Fashola's camp properly integrated back into the family. Very good thinking

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Bright4(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2018
We already aware of that...

Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by deomelo: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2018

With this thermonuclear COMBO, Agbaje should just close shop and concede already..

grin grin grin

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Swaycater(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
JK will surely not be OK after hearing this news

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by modath(f): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:
If true, this is solid...very very solid cheesy

That is 2 powerful Lagos boys combining. Mehn, APC can go and sleep. If PDP thought they had a chance before, it just got extinguished.

Fashola's camp properly integrated back into the family. Very good thinking

Why you come talk this kind sense.... just comman & dash the hope of the people that own Lagos even more than the Elekos & SWerners.. embarassed

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by drkay(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2018
With this, 1+1=11

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2018
modath:

Why you come talk this kind sense.... just comman & dash the hope of the people that own Lagos even more than the Elekos & SWerners.. embarassed

i'm sorry sista mi. I couldn't help myself cheesy

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Richdad50(m): 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
hmm
Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by modath(f): 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Swaycater:
JK will surely not be OK after hearing this news

He has never been Ok, that's why he dey come get his Loosamisin dose every 4 years. smiley

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Lexusgs430: 3:12pm On Oct 09, 2018
Baba sope .......... Hin no get choice.......

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Teewhy2: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
I hope they don't fight when they are elected in and start running the state because it is hard to have two captains in a ship, Hamzat is another heavy weight.

Alternative building material.
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/9

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by AntiWailer: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
Lol

Sanwo tinubu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Dcaliphate(m): 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
wish i could give a phuck

1 Like

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by GreenNegro(m): 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
JK wont be OK with this combo o, never saw it coming though

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by zombieTRACKER: 3:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
modath:

Zombeism dey smell

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Ategberoson(m): 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
jimi can't survive this collaboration. I feel for him

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Waakanda: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2018
Drama
Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by gozzlin: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
undecided
Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by weownlagos: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2018
Agbaje is still going to win no matter the coalition against him.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Pusyiter(m): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
With the First move, you can decipher who would go far.....
I am beginning to like this sanwoolu guy
Trying to untie all aggrieved forces in Eko politics

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Beno3: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2018
Islamic republic of Tinubu grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by Parada: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2018
Glory to God, every Igbo that wished PDP on Lagos must be put to shame. The glorious days of Fashola about to manifest all over again in Lagos.

Thank you sweet Jesus.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by chloride6: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2018
choi, first mistake...

All the guys wey dey pick woman before am no craze.

That guy go undermine you no be small sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babajide Olusola Picks Babafemi Hamzat As Running Mate by braveboy64(m): 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2018
and some ipob said this guy is a Muslim

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I’m Dying Of Cancer, Allow Me To Return To Nigeria – Diezani Begs Tinubu / Tinubu In China To Woo Investors For Lekki Free Trade Zone (Throwback) / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.