Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja (3097 Views)

Any Good Auto Electrician In Ph / Good American Car Electrician In Lagos / Help me suggest a good Auto Electrician In Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2018
Hello guys, pls I need urgent help. My Honda accord 2007 in line 4 cylinder (Honda discussion continues 5 speed manual transmission) idles at 1500rpm on neutral will driving & is taking much fuel. I went for a scan and it read P1157 (H02s (A/F sensor) S1 AFS line high voltage. I have changed the front oxygen sensor and it won't stop acting up. Could anyone suggest the possible problem or recommend a trust electrician. I hv tried Apo but can't find any reasonable elect there. Pls help a bro

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by Lorechino(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2018
my brother do u need someone who is educated or a person who has the knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 8:40am On Apr 29, 2018
I need someone with knowledge

Lorechino:
my brother do u need someone who is educated or a person who has the knowledge.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 8:42am On Apr 29, 2018
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by degamonn: 8:48am On Apr 29, 2018
Try Automedics. They are expensive but they know their job. Those at Apo will milk you dry without any result.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 9:38am On Apr 29, 2018
franklin93:
Hello guys, pls I need urgent help. My Honda accord 2007 in line 4 cylinder (Honda discussion continues 5 speed manual transmission) idles at 1500rpm on neutral will driving & is taking much fuel. I went for a scan and it read P1157 (H02s (A/F sensor) S1 AFS line high voltage. I have changed the front oxygen sensor and it won't stop acting up. Could anyone suggest the possible problem or recommend a trust electrician. I hv tried Apo but can't find any reasonable elect there. Pls help a bro

A/F sensor measures the air to fuel ratio used by the engine. When it goes bad, the computer no longer uses the best possible values to calculate fuel to air ratio but default values which are rather generous, hence the poor fuel consumption.

The possible issues are:

The connector is bad.

There is an open in the sensor wiring.

The sensor itself has failed.

Did you replace with a new one? Did you replace with tokunbo? Did you replace with an exact fit? Same part number?
OEM Part Number: 36531-RAA-A02 / 36531 RAA A02 / 36531RAAA02

If the job was properly done, the code would not come back.

The DTC is designed to come back within one trip once the enabling criteria is seen by the monitors run by the ECU. https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions/3#54620232 (what is a trip) and https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions/3#54619228 (what is a monitor)

If the sensor is new and an exact fit, then the problem is going to lie with the connector or the wiring to/from the sensor.

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
I really appreciate your reply

AutoElectNG:

A/F sensor measures the air to fuel ratio used by the engine. When it goes bad, the computer no longer uses the best possible values to calculate fuel to air ratio but default values which are rather generous, hence the poor fuel consumption.

The possible issues are:

The connector is bad.

There is an open in the sensor wiring.

The sensor itself has failed.

Did you replace with a new one? Did you replace with tokunbo? Did you replace with an exact fit? Same part number?
OEM Part Number: 36531-RAA-A02 / 36531 RAA A02 / 36531RAAA02

If the job was properly done, the code would not come back.

The DTC is designed to come back within one trip once the enabling criteria is seen by the monitors run by the ECU. https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions/3#54620232 (what is a trip) and https://www.nairaland.com/3661728/on-board-diagnostics-obd-ii-questions/3#54619228 (what is a monitor)

If the sensor is new and an exact fit, then the problem is going to lie with the connector or the wiring to/from the sensor.

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 5:55pm On Apr 29, 2018
franklin93:

Your welcome.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
I love your support. Very detailed. Thanks for suggestion. If it's possible I will like to have your contact. Thanks.

franklin93:

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 7:59pm On May 05, 2018
Double Post
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 8:00pm On May 05, 2018
franklin93:
I love your support. Very detailed. Thanks for suggestion. If it's possible I will like to have your contact. Thanks.

Update?
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 12:48pm On May 09, 2018
Good day bro, I have tested the 02 sensor to know the heater voltage and it showed me 0.9 more so I tested the connector and it displayed 12v, one of the wire showed 1.2v and the other 2.2v while one of them showed 0 (nothing) . I equally tested the fuse no. 4, 23 and 19 and all had current in them. Am confused.

AutoElectNG:

Update?
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 9:52pm On May 09, 2018
franklin93:
Good day bro, I have tested the 02 sensor to know the heater voltage and it showed me 0.9 more so I tested the connector and it displayed 12v, one of the wire showed 1.2v and the other 2.2v while one of them showed 0 (nothing) . I equally tested the fuse no. 4, 23 and 19 and all had current in them. Am confused.

I am confused too... How do I help you from afar? What is your background? How good are you with electricals/electronics? How adept are you at using a multimeter? Can you tell me step by step how you measured everything? What was the black probe connected to and the red probe connected to for each of the values displayed above? As well as when you tested the 3 listed fuses.

Maybe from the information supplied I will know whether to tell you what to do or request for a chance to do it for you!
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 8:29am On May 10, 2018
Thanks for your reply. In testing the 02 sensor connector, bank 1 sensor 1 I connected the black wire of the multimeter to the negative terminal of my battery while the car was in ignition with the dashboard lights on. I then connected the red wire to each of the pins on the connector. I set the multimeter to voltage sector (200v). The connector pin is 4 in number and one of them displayed 12v, the other showed 0, the third one showed 1. 2v while the forth pins showed 2.2v. For the 02 sensor itself, I switched to ohms reading on the multimeter and selected 200ohms, I then connected the black and red wire of the multimeter to the two black wires which is suppose to be the heater wires and it read 0.9 for the fuses, I tested fuse number 19, 23 and number 4. No 19 was under the hood while 23 and 4 was under the dash. I used a bulb connected to a negative and positive signal wires. I used the hinge on my door as a ground and as I tested the two points on each fuse they all produced currents thereby lighting the bulbs. Pls what's your location? Am in abuja

AutoElectNG:

I am confused too... How do I help you from afar? What is your background? How good are you with electricals/electronics? How adept are you at using a multimeter? Can you tell me step by step how you measured everything? What was the black probe connected to and the red probe connected to for each of the values displayed above? As well as when you tested the 3 listed fuses.

Maybe from the information supplied I will know whether to tell you what to do or request for a chance to do it for you!
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by elshanAutos: 8:48am On May 10, 2018
Kingreign
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2018
Where is that?

elshanAutos:
Kingreign
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 2:11pm On May 10, 2018
franklin93:
Thanks for your reply. In testing the 02 sensor connector, bank 1 sensor 1 I connected the black wire of the multimeter to the negative terminal of my battery while the car was in ignition with the dashboard lights on. I then connected the red wire to each of the pins on the connector. I set the multimeter to voltage sector (200v). The connector pin is 4 in number and one of them displayed 12v, the other showed 0, the third one showed 1. 2v while the forth pins showed 2.2v. For the 02 sensor itself, I switched to ohms reading on the multimeter and selected 200ohms, I then connected the black and red wire of the multimeter to the two black wires which is suppose to be the heater wires and it read 0.9 for the fuses, I tested fuse number 19, 23 and number 4. No 19 was under the hood while 23 and 4 was under the dash. I used a bulb connected to a negative and positive signal wires. I used the hinge on my door as a ground and as I tested the two points on each fuse they all produced currents thereby lighting the bulbs. Pls what's your location? Am in abuja

On another job now.

Will work on it later.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2018
Ok I will be expecting ur reply

AutoElectNG:

On another job now.

Will work on it later.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by cardoctor(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2018
We can check it for you.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 7:24pm On May 10, 2018
I have been there before

cardoctor:
We can check it for you.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 4:14am On May 11, 2018
Key on Engine Off? When conducting voltage drop tests?

Battery disconnected when conducting resistance tests?
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 4:19am On May 11, 2018
franklin93:
I need someone with knowledge

Why did you say you need someone with knowledge?

I have actually given you the solution to your problem in my earlier detailed post which you acknowledged.

Something the shops without names and those with names did not do for you.

But if you want me to do it for you, then it will attract $$$.

That way I can recover from you some of the dollars I spent to be trained.

But I can guarantee you it will be fixed right once and for all.

Without sounding immodest, that I perfectly understand your problem and its solution is not in doubt.

If my prognosis was inaccurate eagle eyed elders would have shown me a yellow or red card.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by aninweze(m): 8:46am On May 11, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Why did you say you need someone with knowledge?

I have actually given you the solution to your problem in my earlier detailed post which you acknowledged.

Something the shops without names and those with names did not do for you.

But if you want me to do it for you, then it will attract $$$.

That way I can recover from you some of the dollars I spent to be trained.

But I can guarantee you it will be fixed right once and for all.

Contact me on WhatsApp //234//706//349//3400 and we can schedule an appointment

Without sounding immodest, that I perfectly understand your problem and its solution is not in doubt.

If my prognosis was inaccurate eagle eyed elders would have shown me a yellow or red card.

Very modest mode of bragging.
I love this.
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by kingreign(m): 11:33am On May 11, 2018
franklin93:
Where is that?

Where kwa? shocked
Not a place. A person grin
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by franklin93(m): 11:39am On May 11, 2018
The key wasn't disconnected, it was on ignition power moreso, the battery wasn't disconnected.

AutoElectNG:
Key on Engine Off? When conducting voltage drop tests?

Battery disconnected when conducting resistance tests?
Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 8:29pm On May 11, 2018
So we met.

Technical challenges prevented access to factory data.

Access subsequently established after hours.

Diagnosis and hopefully fix to be executed tomorrow.

Will report to the house.

OP is free to make his on report as well.

Given the background he laid above.

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 8:32pm On May 11, 2018
aninweze:

Very modest mode of bragging.
I love this.

I try very much to apply this passage from scripture in my dealings with others: "Do nothing out of contentiousness or out of egotism, but with humility consider others superior to you." Philippians 2:3

I appreciate the compliment.

2 Likes

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 10:59pm On May 31, 2018
Solution to this problem is replace the air fuel ratio sensor with an exact fit.

Client yet to purchase same by himself and inform me or provide funds for its purchase.

---------------------
MODIFIED BELOW
--------------------

Client prefers to procure parts himself which is no problem except that, see below:

Everyone wants a good deal. No one wants to pay more than they should. We certainly get that, after all we are consumers too. But let's put things in proper perspective.

First, there are indeed sources where you can buy parts at discount prices, and for those doing their own work, that may be an okay option. HOWEVER, as a professional automotive service and repair business, that option is not right for us. Why? For starters, our customers tend to demand (and rightfully so) that we provide a warranty - labor AND parts. Therefore, it's important that we buy parts of high quality from a vendor we can trust.

Second, it's important to buy parts from a vendor with whom we have a relationship, that shares our values with respect to quality and customer satisfaction, and will promptly provide us with replacements parts, without jumping through hoops, should the need arise.
Does this mean sometimes paying a little more? Yes, but we believe that in terms of the OVERALL VALUE it is well worth
it.

Fortunately most of our customers understand and appreciate this.

--------------
ADDENDUM
-------------

If we install parts purchased by a client, all bets are off, so warranties are cancelled!

1 Like

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 9:22am On Jun 07, 2018
This case could not be completed as the client sold off the car.

Here is what we did before it was sold.

We confirmed that the wiring of the AFS Sensor matched the one on the vehicle.

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 9:23am On Jun 07, 2018
Next we tried to confirm that the wires from the ECU to the AFS matched factory documentation

Re: Where Can I Get A Well Educated Honda Electrician In Abuja by AutoElectNG: 9:27am On Jun 07, 2018
We discovered a mismatch.

It was agreed that the matter should be handled with the manufacturer and then that the client would return for work to be completed.

Client did not return.

Client sold car off.

This case is thus closed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Had To Choose: Honda Crv Vs Mitsubishi Outlander, 2011 Models / Nissan Amanda,infinity Qx56 Or Fx35 Which One Clearly Gives More Prestige / Fund Raising Thread For Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.