Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,523 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate (21578 Views)

The 9 Candidates Running For Presidency 2019 / Ahmed Makarfi Involved In Motor Accident / Sheriff Loses As Supreme Court Affirms Ahmed Makarfi As Authentic PDP Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:07pm On Apr 29, 2018
Written by Hon. Inioribo Tamunotonye (Tonyebarcanista)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7043165_img20180420wa0020_jpegc97ca2bb18d9f22f4612d12e550b6ebd
1. Makarfi Enjoys Goodwill of Northern Nigeria
In Kaduna state and the entire northern Nigeria, there is no single individual today that enjoys the goodwill more than Senator Ahmed Makarfi.

The minority northern Christians love him for displaying rare leadership that is lacking among Nigeria's elites by implementing policies and making utterances that unify and not those that further divide. The Muslims love him for displaying true Islamic virtue despite the fact that he isn't a vocal proponent of Shari'a like other hypocritical leaders.

Makarfi equally enjoys respect of northern elite, Christan association, non indigenous people and those in the middle belt for his consistent display of brotherly love and unity as Governor and Senator. As Senator, he backed the agitation for the creation of Gurara state for people of Southern Kaduna despite the fact that he is from Northern Senatorial district. No wonder he is so loved by the people.

2. Makarfi Is Honest, The Real "Mai Gaskyya"

It is rare in this part of the world to find a man or woman that held political positions of Governor and influential Senator for straight sixteen years without a SINGLE indictment for corruption. Ahmed Makarfi showed this rare trait that not even his traducers could pin him with anything. He is the only PDP Presidential Aspirant without indictment of graft as Governor, Senator, Chairman Senate Account Committee and former National Chairman, all within this present 4th republic.

Nigerians are aware that President Muhammadu Buhari, the false "mai Gaskyya", could not live up to the incorruptible garment worn on him during his campaign in 2015, he has proven to be false with the incessant corruption by his government and officers close to him, and his shielding of alleged corrupt allies.

3. Makarfi Is Sellable In Southwest

Come 2019 southwest, the zone of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who many see as a disappointment, will again be the golden bride. The zone is reputed to be the most critical of candidates when it comes to election- all thanks to their political sophistication.

Southwestern voting pattern is usually unpredictably predictable. They consider antecedents of aspirants, performance of incumbents and reputation of candidates before deciding on their vote. They speak less and act more.

In 2011 they rewarded Goodluck Jonathan who came with his promise of Fresh Air but punished PDP in states and National Assembly elections, in 2014 they punished incumbent Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti but rewarded incumbent Rauf Aregbesola in Ekiti and Osun gubernatorial poll respectively. They punished Goodluck Jonathan and PDP in 2015 Presidential election in favor of "change" of Muhammadu Buhari but with the disappointing performance of President Buhari, it is only fair that PDP present an aspirant that has integrity, reputation, nonreligious/nontribal posture and one with excellent antecedent to these sophisticated people as the best alternative. Without a single corruption indictment from ANY quarters (not even one of his fiery successor and incumbent Nasir Elrufai), without allegations of religious or ethnic bias at any time, with a calm but non controversial disposition, and with reputable leadership achievements and experience, Senator Ahmed Makarfi perfectly fits the bill.

4. Makarfi Is Sellable/Acceptable In Southeast And Southsouth*

People of the southeast geopolitical zone have two unique needs; "a favorable and enabling environment to live and Operate their business" and "sense of belonging as equal partner in the Nigeria project". Absence of both by successive administration led to the call for secession.

Senator Makarfi has the reputation of providing favorable environment for people irrespective of ethnic group or religion, he also believes every stakeholder is key in the Nigeria project, these he displayed in all public positions he held in terms of appointment and service delivery. The people of Kaduna state and Middlebelt could testify to this.

With these credentials it is very easy for the people of the southeast, having unanimously rejected president Buhari who called them 5% and has been trying to bully them with false 2023 presidency, to align with Makarfi's project knowing that their interests as a group is well protected.

While it is true that Southeast is a stronghold of PDP, it is only appropriate to give them a President that will carry them along in leadership and make them feel the pride of being Nigerians, which is lacking at present.

For the SouthSouth, Makarfi doesn't have to campaign as the people know him and remember him for his impeccable deeds.

5. Makarfi Captained The Resurgent PDP, Nigeria Deserve A Resurgence:
Nigerians and PDP members will agree that it took the efforts and leadership of Senator Ahmed Makarfi to ensure the non collapse of PDP even when it appeared all hope was lost. He stood firm, showed willingness to give up his position as National Chairman for the sake of the party only if then factional Chairman Ali Modu Sheriff would allow peace deal. He stood firm to see PDP bounce back even when all Governors under the party platform (including a certain aspirant) were playing hide and seek game save Governors Nyesom Wike and Ayo Fayose of Rivers and Ekiti states respectively. Makarfi maintained leadership and calm even after the setback from court of Appeal that declared him illegal, a pronouncement that even led some party chieftains (yours faithfully included) to seek a fresh alternative until the Supreme court right the wrong. He displayed rare leadership by extending hands of fellowship to Sheriff's group and prevailed on those that had left to return "home", which led to return of people, including former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Rasheed Ladoja, Gbenga Daniel and others.

Makarfi has earned the trusts of party members by not betraying the party like Sheriff did (due to his inordinate ambition), he deserve the ticket of the party so as to put Nigeria back on the pedestal of greatness to make our country great again.

6. Makarfi Possess Strong Electoral Value

In 1998 he won the Governorship election of Kaduna state by landslide. In 2003 he triumphed over Buhari backed Suleiman Hunkuyi despite the propaganda employed against him by Buharists that he was unfair to 'Muslims' and theyy even tagged him "Pastor Makarfi" just because he accommodated all religions. In 2007 he triumphed over Buhari backed ANPP candidate in the Senatorial election, delivered his Kaduna state to PDP in both Presidential and Gubernatorial elections of that year and in favor of Umaru Yar'adua and Namadi Sambo respectively. In 2011 he delivered Kaduna north senatorial zone and entire Kaduna state to Goodluck Jonathan and late Patrick Yokowa in the then Presidential and Governorship election, and retained his own Senatorial seat.

However, in 2015, after THREE straight victory over Buhari and his candidates, he lost for the first time due to no fault of his but the overgrown animosity against Goodluck Jonathan, the PDP and then incumbent Ramalan Yero after the people of Kaduna decided to give Buhari and his gang a trial, which they now regret.

It is instructive to note that Makarfi was begged by the All Progressive Congress to abandon PDP and Jonathan and make a switch like most of his colleagues had done but he declined. He believed and still believe that power comes from God.

He lost the Senate but God rewarded him the National Chairmanship of PDP, the largest party in Nigeria, where he served diligently. Nigerians need such a man for the Presidency because with Makarfi, we are assured that the country won't be betrayed

Who else could match these qualities?

Written by:
Hon. Inioribo Tamunotonye (@Tonyebarcanista), the National Secretary of Nigeria Youth Project and National Coordinator of PDP National Youth League.
Tonyebarcanista@gmail.com
http://www.primebrains.com.ng/2018/04/presidency-2019-why-pdp-should-field-markafi-as-candidate.html

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by whitebeard(m): 3:11pm On Apr 29, 2018
Op nice one..with more patriot around.

Nigeria has hope

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
God has blessed me with the skill of writing (all good things come from God), I have pledged to use the skill for the advancement of our great country and citizens.

As much as Buhari has failed woefully, we can't gamble with someone without the wit and might to advance the cause of Nigeria.

Like I told my Kogi friend, Nigerians can't afford to bring in a "Yahaya Bello" to replace an "Idris Wada".

We need one that will benefit us all irrespective of partisan affiliation

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by izzou(m): 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
grin

PDP should just field him like that baa?

Tonye,you can do better than this angry

Until Markarfi is able to defeat Atiku in the primaries, then I'll take you both serious.

Until then, stop disturbing us with this guy's face grin

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by lordkush: 3:13pm On Apr 29, 2018
this hungry writer again. he will soon switch in the coming weeks. No honour . No allegiance. No self worth. No belief. Just strutting in the wind, writing tales for people whenever money touches his greedy hands

nwa, pied pippeer.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by lordkush: 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
izzou:
grin

Until Markarfi is able to defeat Atiku in the primaries, then I'll take you both serious.

he's not just serious at all. very myopic person.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by swagagolic01(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
Markafi ain't an option

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
whitebeard:
Op u have lost ur way...u are not patriot of Nigeria...!!

For the betterment of Nigeria not PDP we stand together...!!
Every single reason is for the betterment of NIGERIA first.

Nigeria's interests supersede any other interests whether partisan, ethnic or religious as far as I am concerned

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by Paperwhite(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2018
Settle the issue of Nigeria's structural imbalance first before the issue of who rules who.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by Donpresh95(m): 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
The main reason is because you guys see him as a walk over for Buhari. He will be SIMPLY defeated by Buhari.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by ruggedboy01: 3:17pm On Apr 29, 2018
he is not accepted in south east if he is accepted in your ijaw village

11 Likes

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
izzou:
grin

Has Atiku won any primary election in his life? In 1992 he lost to MKO, in 2007 he was "sole" candidate in mushroom AC (as at then), in 2011 he lost woefully to Jonathan and in 2014 he lost woefully to Buhari and Kwankwaso, dragging 3rd position with invalid votes in the APC Primary.

Make una de overrate am de waste him money de go...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by izzou(m): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Has Atiku won any primary election in his life? In 1992 he lost to MKO, in 2007 he was "sole" candidate in mushroom AC (as at then), in 2011 he lost woefully to Jonathan and in 2014 he lost woefully to Buhari and Kwankwaso, dragging 3rd position with invalid votes in the APC Primary.

Make una de overrate am de waste him money de go...

Im absolutely sure that Atiku is far more sellable than Markarfi in the south east, south souyh and south west.

I mean, who even knows this guy? undecided

I'm not disputing his records and achievements. But a crippled and half dead Atiku will win this guy in the regions I stated above

Like I said, let him first win the primaries.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
Very true to the best of my knowledge he seems to have a good record devoid of controversy.Many Nigerian politicians are not saints but I prefer a Makarfi to an Atiku.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
izzou:

Im absolutely sure that Atiku is far more sellable than Markarfi in the south east, south souyh and south west.

I'm not disputing his records and achievements. But a crippled and half dead Atiku will win this guy in the regions I stated above

Atiku has always been like England Football team. Every world cup they keep making themselves favorite since over 50 years yet they never reach the finale.

Same with Atiku... He always makes himself appear like favorite every election year yet he falls during primary. He's not even a threat...

The only threat to Makarfi is Makarfi... Hence, we are putting pressure on him to contest

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
izzou:

You are right sometimes I believe Nigerians are a part of the problem how can someone support an Atiku over a Makarfi politics is a game of numbers and popularity and Atiku seems to be more popular how sad.I would rather support a Buhari to an Atiku.

6 Likes

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Very true to the best of my knowledge he seems to have a good record devoid of controversy.Many Nigerian politicians are not saints but I prefer a Makarfi to an Atiku.
If no be say you don marry I for sharp sharp propose to you...
Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by buhariguy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
OK
Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by izzou(m): 3:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You are right sometimes I believe Nigerians are a part of the problem how can someone support an Atiku over a Makarfi politics is a game of numbers and popularity and Atiku seems to be more popular how sad.I would rather support a Buhari to an Atiku.

You even try sef. I can't support any

But the truth is Atiku is about the only chance the PDP has to regain power. And like you said, politics is a game of numbers and popularity.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:31pm On Apr 29, 2018
Donpresh95:
The main reason is because you guys see him as a walk over for Buhari. He will be SIMPLY defeated by Buhari.

If no be say your head no correct I for send you e-slap. Has Atiku won any election in his life to make him even formidable save his 1998 Governorship?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by whitebeard(m): 3:32pm On Apr 29, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Every single reason is for the betterment of NIGERIA first.

Nigeria's interests supersede any other interests whether partisan, ethnic or religious as far as I am concerned
if u say so I rephase my earlier statement.. My bad.
Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Let's face the fact, Atiku is RICH but is not popular.

He has never won a Presidential primary in his life despite running for 3 Primaries.

Even when he was gifted AC ticket for free as sole aspirant, he performed woefully, losing his PU, Ward and State to Buhari in 2007.

Atiku's case is like England Football Club... Lousy minorities...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by izzou(m): 3:35pm On Apr 29, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Atiku has always been like England Football team. Every world cup they keep making themselves favorite since over 50 years yet they never reach the finale.

Same with Atiku... He always makes himself appear like favorite every election year yet he falls during primary. He's not even a threat...

The only threat to Makarfi is Makarfi... Hence, we are putting pressure on him to contest

Makarfi doesn't even stand a chance to win the PDP presidential ticket. I'm sure he knows that, that's why he isn't willing to contest

I don't know about the north so I won't bring that up. But a dead and decayed Atiku will win Markarfi both in the South east, south west and south south. You of all people should know that.

If you have any connections with Markarfi, you better advise him to save himself the financial loss and humiliation

I have no issues with Markarfi. His biography looks good. But he is not even an option for 2019.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
izzou:

You even try sef. I can't support any

But the truth is Atiku is about the only chance the PDP has to regain power. And like you said, politics is a game of numbers and popularity.
Oya which election has he won in his life?

He ran for President in 1992, LOST in the Primary

He ran in 2007 as AC sole aspirant but couldn't win evn his polling unit. He lost HIS PU, Ward and Adamawa to Buhari and finished a distant 3rd in the election.

In 2011 and 2014 he lost primary to Jonathan and Buhari respectively, finishing distant second and 3rd respectively and dragging with invalid votes.

Atiku no get mouth abeg

2 Likes

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Let's face the fact, Atiku is RICH but is not popular.

He has never won a Presidential primary in his life despite running for 3 Primaries.

Even when he was gifted AC ticket for free as sole aspirant, he performed woefully, losing his PU, Ward and State to Buhari in 2007.

Atiku's case is like England Football Club... Lousy minorities...
You may be right but I compared the popularity of Atiku and Makarfi and Atiku may be popular.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by izzou(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

Oya which election has he won in his life?

He ran for President in 1992, LOST in the Primary

He ran in 2007 as AC sole aspirant but couldn't win evn his polling unit. He lost HIS PU, Ward and Adamawa to Buhari and finished a distant 3rd in the election.

In 2011 and 2014 he lost primary to Jonathan and Buhari respectively, finishing distant second and 3rd respectively and dragging with invalid votes.

Atiku no get mouth abeg

A Buhari will win an Atiku anytime, anyday, but not a Markarfi.

Shebi una go organise primary? If Markarfi wins, then I'll take you guys serious. But you already know the end result, don't you? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
izzou:

Makarfi doesn't even stand a chance to win the PDP presidential ticket. I'm sure he knows that, that's why he isn't willing to contest

I don't know about the north so I won't bring that up. But a dead and decayed Atiku will win Markarfi both in the South east, south west and south south. You of all people should know that.

If you have any connections with Markarfi, you better advise him to save himself the financial loss and humiliation

I have no issues with Markarfi. His biography looks good. But he is not even an option for 2019.
Why not speak with fact and antecedent?

Makarfi beat Buhari in Kaduna state in 2003, 2007 and 2011 at a stretch.

He delivered Kaduna state to PDP/Yar'adua in the Presidential and Sambo in the Governorship in 2007. This was after delivering the state to himself and Obasanjo in 2003 (I stand to be corrected).

Makarfi also delivered Kaduna state to Jonathan in 2011, beating Buhari silly and also delivered Patrick Yokowa, a Christian as Governor...

Na which election wey Atiku don win for him life aside 1998 (wey we know say no much contest)?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by Donpresh95(m): 3:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:

If no be say your head no correct I for send you e-slap. Has Atiku won any election in his life to make him even formidable save his 1998 Governorship?

If no be say you no get brain slot, I for ask you to borrow. Apart from 2015, has Buhari ever won Election b4?

Anybody can win in 2019. The main tin is to send the beast to his desert ridden land

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:44pm On Apr 29, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You may be right but I compared the popularity of Atiku and Makarfi and Atiku may be popular.
Back then in primary school there was this guy Nathaniel, who always rush to answer questions in class and ask questions. You will think he was the most brilliant but guess what? He was just average academically...

His case was a case of "lousy" average dude... Na so Atiku case be!

Na since 1992 wey him de beat him chest but he kept losing. In 2007 as VP he couldn't even win Adamawa for AC even when he had incumbent Governor Boni Haruna. His candidate lost woefully to Admiral Nyako. Even ordinary Governor Tinubu retained Lagos and delivered Lagos in 2007 presidential...

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by izzou(m): 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Tonye,dont spoil this thread by typing trash undecided

Markarfi delivered a state is different from him contesting. Stop saying he defeated Buhari.

And your facts is based on only Kaduna, just one out of the 37.

PDP need someone who can wrestle a part of the north with Buhari(of course you agree that Buhari's stronghold is the north) and someone who is sellable to the south.

Atiku fits in easily for the south. The south east will easily accept him. The south south will do the same. The south west may or may not because of their alliance with the APC but still on still, he will have a good number to himself. Simple

But Markarfi cannot do the same in the east and south. They don't know him. Let's be factual. PDP may lose their chance in those regions if they bring someone that is not sellable.

I pray Atiku loses the primaries. But if I want to be realistic, he's the only chance the PDP has for now.

Please note. I typed FOR NOW

9 Likes

Re: Presidency 2019: 6 Reasons PDP Should Field Ahmed Makarfi As Candidate by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2018
Donpresh95:

If no be say you no get brain slot, I for ask you to borrow. Apart from 2015, has Buhari ever won Election b4?

Anybody can win in 2019. The main tin is to send the beast to his desert ridden land
At least Buhari has antecedent of winning all Primary election he ran (2003 and 2007). He also has the antecedent of defeating incumbent Governor Kwankwaso for unknown Ibrahim Shekarau. His new CPC also won NASS seats and Nasarawa Gubernatorial election with Almakura.

Buhari also had his 12 million votes following him like fly since 2003 (except 2007) and he defeated Atiku and Yaradua in Adamawa in 2007.

he has always been a force since 2003 but he couldn't penetrate Makarfi in Kaduna until 2015...

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri's Reply To Peter Obi's Post About Ukraine's Grain / Pastor Tunde Bakare Submits APC Presidential Form (Pictures) / Air Force Expecting Delivery Of 55 Helicopters By December (see List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.