Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 - Jobs/Vacancies (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 (809338 Views)

Kaduna State Government 2019 Recruitment Into Public Service. How To Apply / How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / Massive Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 – Apply Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (283) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Andychinedu: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2019
List for training...
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by DiO2: 3:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
You seem well informed.
Please tell us what you know.
Will it be done in states? What is their(NPS) plan and when are we expecting to hear from them??

Andychinedu:
List for training...
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Andychinedu: 3:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
DiO2:
You seem well informed.
Please tell us what you know.
Will it be done in states? What is their(NPS) plan and when are we expecting to hear from them??

information reaching us today though in as a rumour but that KANO zone has been placed at Immigration Training School
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by rehanix500: 3:31pm On Aug 15, 2019
Andychinedu:
information reaching us today though in as a rumour but that KANO zone has been placed at Immigration Training School
Possibly they paste the remaining state soon ?
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by rehanix500: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
Or it will be states by state
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Andychinedu: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
rehanix500:

Possibly they paste the remaining state soon ?
if the info is true then... Before the end of the day, people will confirm it!!!
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by DiO2: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2019
Alright. Thanks
It is long overdue

Andychinedu:
if the info is true then... Before the end of the day, people will confirm it!!!
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by jamoyakz: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
Andychinedu:
Please Officers from Kano... Call your sources... It is like your lists have been placed!!!
they will send SMS and email. The board will not place different list.

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Andychinedu: 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
jamoyakz:
they will send SMS and email. The board will not place different list.
Exactly what my source told me!!!

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Osazi2070(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Anybody from Kano should as well confirm the Authenticity of this information. We are tired of NPS/NCS recruitment stress
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Andychinedu: 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
Osazi2070:
Anybody from Kano should as well confirm the Authenticity of this information. We are tired of NPS/NCS recruitment stress
Disregard that info... Its fake!!!

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by prinzeindygo: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
info reaching me from Abuja is that our apl is ready... improvement of salary least 80k...work to start by September.. .but don't know when apl will be issued...congrats in advance guys...love you all

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by jamoyakz: 12:21am On Aug 16, 2019
[quote author=prinzeindygo post=81290983]info reaching me from Abuja is that our apl is ready... improvement of salary least 80k...work to start by September.. .but don't know when apl will be issued...congrats in advance guys...love you all[/quot e] that 80k isn't feasible at all lol
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by IAWAHAB(m): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
[quote author=jamoyakz post=81295587][/quote]

Hummm
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by murtala123: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
Osazi2070:
Am from kano but no such information gaskiya for now but if time permits me tomorrow I will visit the place were we did our documentation

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Strongluv: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2019
Is not true,disregard such info
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by prinzeindygo: 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2019
Good evening gentlemen, how are you all doing hope all is well. Alhamdulillah.
I want use this medium to inform all documented officers in the house,that if you know you have any issues with your bvn that has to do with name or date of birth go and correct it ooh, make sure every detail of yours correspond to the details they have. Cos anything might happen any moment from nxt week

Note it might be next ooh. Go and do it oooh. Cos that's 1 of the preparation I was told to make sure they're all set before anything. Just advising what some body told me to do.....COPIED

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by rehanix500: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2019
NOTED
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by prinzeindygo: 12:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AS A CORRECETIONAL OFFICER
Following the signing into law of the Nigerian Correctional Service Act 2019 by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, which expunged the use of the term “prison” for “corrections,” I have no option than to amend the title of this weekly piece to conform to the new trend. Hence, forthwith, this weekly piece shall be titled “What You Need To Know As A Correctional Officer.”
Having said that, this first edition under the new regime will dwell solely on the Nigerian Correctional Service Act 2019 and how it benefits the penal system in particular, and the criminal justice system in general. A lot have been said about the Act, with many staff skeptical about what the Act holds for them. I hope that this piece will settle the unsettled minds of staffers who see this new development as just a “mere change of name.” Enjoy!
1. The Nigerian Prisons and Correctional Services Bill was first presented and read in the Senate in January 2008 by a former senator and current chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Victor Ndoma-Egba, in the sixth assembly. The bill was read for the second time in April 2010. But the bill could not pass the third reading during the 6th Assembly.
2. The Nigerian Correctional Service Bill 2016 (now Act 2019) was resurrected by the 7thAssembly and was first read in the National Assembly on the 26th of May, 2016. It was sponsored by Senator Andy Uba, a senator who represented Anambra South Senatorial zone in the Nigerian senate. Senator Uba was the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Interior in the 7th Assembly.
3. The Bill passed second reading on the 26th of October, 2016, while the third reading and final passage of it was on 20th December, 2018 after inputs were made by stakeholders comprising of prison officials, judiciary, non-governmental organisations and so on.
4. In April 2019, President Muhammadu Buhari refused assenting to the Bill citing that Section 44 (d) of the bill which seeks to fund the special non-custodial fund with five percent of all fines paid to the federal purse violates the provisions of Sections 81 and 84 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) which guarantee the independence of the Judiciary.
5. Following the rejection of it by the President, lawmakers went into action and amended it in May, 2019. And on 14th of August, 2019, the President finally assented to it.
6. The Nigerian Correctional Service Act 2019 replaces the Prison Act CAP P29 LFN 2004. The Act changed the “Nigerian Prisons Service” to the “Nigerian Correctional Service” to reflect current trends in global penal administration.
7. The Act stipulates that the Nigerian Correctional Service will have two (2) faculties: the Nigerian Custodial Service, and the Nigerian Non-custodial Service. The Custodial Service will among other things, take control of persons legally interned in safe, secure and humane conditions and provide support to facilitate the speedy disposal of cases of persons awaiting trial. The Non-custodial Service will be responsible for the administration of non-custodial measures like community service, probation, parole, restorative justice measures and such other measures as a court of competent jurisdiction may order.
8. The Act provides that the State Controller of Prisons (now State Controller of Correctional Service) in consultation with the Prison Superintendent (now Custodial Superintendent) shall have the power to reject more in-take of prisoners where it is apparent that the prison in question is filled to capacity. This addresses the issue of over-crowding which has been a cankerworm bugging our prison system.
9. Section 12 (2) (c) of the Act provides that where an inmate sentenced to death has exhausted all legal procedures for appeal and a period of 10 years has elapsed without execution of the sentence, the Chief Judge may commute the sentence of death to life imprisonment.
10. The Nigerian Correctional Service Act 2019 also provides increased funding for the Service for better welfare of staff and inmates. The Act provides that the service retains a percentage of what it generates as well as a special non-custodial fund, in addition to budgetary provision to work with. This will improve the fortunes of the staff and inmates.
11. The Act expands the management of the Service. The Service will now have eight (cool Deputy Controller Generals. The Act provides for the following Directorates: Finance and Accounts, Inmates Training and Productivity, Human Resources, Works and Logistics, Health and Welfare, Training and Staff Development, Operations, and Non-Custodial Services.
12. The Act provides that the Staff College in Kaduna and the Academy in Ijebu-Igbo shall be upgraded to degree awarding Institutions in Penal Administration and other related course.
13. The Act stipulates that correctional staff on training shall be provided with accommodation, feeding, transport allowance, and other allowances as prescribed in the Public Service Rules.
14. The Act establishes the Correctional Officers Reward Fund (CORF) which shall be used to reward correctional officers for extra or special services such as gallantry, long or meritorious services
15. The Act also provides a hazard allowance for officers deployed to serve in high risk operations or difficult environments. It provides that officers who suffer from serious bodily injury or who die in the line of duty shall have their children’s school fees paid for one year with the possibility of an extension for a few months.
16. The Act provides for the formation of the National Committee on Non-Custodial Measures which shall oversee the smooth implementation of the non-custodial measure. The committee shall comprise of the Controller-General of the Nigerian Correctional Service, the Deputy Controller General in-charge of non-custodial service, a retired high court judge, directors from justice, youth and sports ministries, representatives of NGO working in relevant sectors, the Inspector General of Police and so on.
17. At the state levels too, the Act empowers the Controller General to set the States and FCT committees which shall align with those of the National Committee on Non-Custodial Measures.
18. A parole board shall be constituted by Controller General in all states and the FCT. The Parole board shall supervise parolees, ensure their rehabilitation, and administer designated parole facilities.
19. Probation services which shall be administered by the Nigerian Non-Custodial Service has the mandate of producing pre-sentencing reports, supervision of convicts on probation order, production of pre-release report to facilitate reintegration of the offender and provision of other support services.
20. The Act also empowers correctional officer to monitor and supervise restorative justice measures such as victim-offender mediation, family group conferencing and community mediation. This is to ensure healing and proper reintegration of the offender as well as restitution for the victims.
21. Hence, under this Act, the duties of the correctional officer have been expanded. It is no longer restricted to the four walls, but has been expanded to engage with the outside society. Therefore, the correctional officer will be more visible this time around in the communities.
22. Two heads of the prison/correctional service have made history. The first is J.O. Lilly Ojo who became the last Director of Prisons as well as the first Controller General of Prisons; and the second, Ja’afaru Ahmed, who became the last Controller General of Prisons and now the first Controller General of Correctional Service.

This is all I have for you this week.

This is congratulating the Controller General of the Nigerian Correctional Service, superior officers, senior officers and men of the service for this feat! Special gratitude to the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the National Assembly, and other people who worked to see to the success of this Act.

God bless you all!

This edition is dedicated to all serving and retired correctional officers who were part of the drafting committee of the bill most especially, CP Dr. Ifediorah Orakwe (Rtd), ACG Ekijere Aken Shidi (Rtd) and PIP Ernest Chigbogu.

Ugwuoke Kelvin Abuchi is a Deputy Superintendent of Corrections serving in the Maximum Security Custodial Centre, Jos. You can reach him via e-mail: ugwukev11@gmail.com or call 07032041733.

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by ofeco: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
An officer told me that those that missed the documentation will be invited this week for their documentation, if Is true, hope it will not delay the APL and camping as some people are saying Next week already?
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by jamoyakz: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2019
ofeco:
An officer told me that those that missed the documentation will be invited this week for their documentation, if Is true, hope it will not delay the APL and camping as some people are saying Next week already?
NO one will be called if they miss the documentation.

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Calyb(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
Guy this your info weak my like seriously. Call those who miss documentation? In Nigeria?, govt call you for job, I mean to beg somebori to come get givt job? Even flash them no go flash.lol
ofeco:
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by jamoyakz: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2019
Calyb:
Guy this your info weak my like seriously. Call those who miss documentation? In Nigeria?, govt call you for job, I mean to beg somebori to come get givt job? Even flash them no go flash.lol
lol... When oga at the top get boys and ladies to fill up any available position lol

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Iyajelili(f): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
Whatever makes everyone sleeps at night

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Andychinedu: 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2019
Calyb:
Lola this one weak ma marrow ah tell you!
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Calyb(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
If that officer collect any ba from you, it's high time you request for your money on time.
ofeco:

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by patcyluv: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2019
please any news on Nigeria immigration recruitment/replacement it's been long
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by ofeco: 6:19pm On Aug 18, 2019
Calyb:
If that officer collect any ba from you, it's high time you request for your money on time.
I called him to inquire when APL will be out that was when he said that those people that missed the documentation will be called to do theirs.
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Mustybraun: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
elayomohammed:

I have not seen any Musty. And no list yet. Did you get the text?
nt atal
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by rehanix500: 6:19am On Aug 19, 2019
But there’s low turnup of applicants during documentation and it’s likely possible they recall them and document them
Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by Osazi2070(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2019
Good morning guys, information reaching me this morning states that there will be retyping of the APLs to reflect the new name, I don't know how many days that will take again. God help us

Re: Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 by rehanix500: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2019
So what about the previous documentation we did, are we going to do it again ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (283) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63