Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. (1280 Views)

Tanker Explosion On Kara Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Road: LRU & Fire Service Attacked / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos) / LRU Retrieved A Fallen Tanker From Apapa Road - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by naptu2: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency's (LASEMA) Response Unit (LRU), in conjunction with other emergency services, conducted a drill on the 3rd Mainland Bridge this morning to test its ability to respond to a major accident on the bridge.

The drill created a massive traffic jam on the bridge and some motorists complained that LRU should have informed the public about the drill days in advance while others said that the LRU needed the public to use the bridge as they would in a real accident scene in order to test their ability to manage traffic in the event of a major accident on the bridge.

Here are pictures of the simulation exercise.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lasemasocial/status/990617507940749312

Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by naptu2: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
More pictures

Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by naptu2: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2018
And even more.

Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by naptu2: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2018

Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by Olalan(m): 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2018
Lagos is working........
Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
Nice one from the LRU, but the need to make this drill more often, till it becomes a culture amongst their members.

Emergency simulation is not cheap, but it is worth it, I have saved a house from gas fire once, electrical fire twice. A car once and prevented certain incidents because I have gone through the drill over and over again.

Other states need to borrow a leaf from this.

Thanks Naptu2

1 Like

Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by naptu2: 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Nice one from the LRU, but the need to make this drill more often, till it becomes a culture amongst their members.

Emergency simulation is not cheap, but it is worth it, I have saved a house from gas fire once, electrical fire twice. A car once and prevented certain incidents because I have gone through the drill over and over again.

Other states need to borrow a leaf from this.

Thanks Naptu2

Here's a video of their drill in Lekki. They hold these drills regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-PnOsYb-Uw
Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:37pm On Apr 29, 2018
naptu2:

Here's a video of their drill in Lekki. They hold these drills regularly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-PnOsYb-Uw

I've watched this particular drill before, and I feel the LRU is really trying and should be commended. I also feel the mainland should feel equal impact with the island in emergency situations.

Also there should be public enlightening awareness with volunteer training so as to reduce expenditure or workforce.
We need to have more public volunteer martials in the emergency and trafic sectors in a cell formation with minimal response time.
Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2018
Expecting Other states to follow suite.

Lagos State is setting the pace, we would get there.
Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by verygudbadguy(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2018
Nice but then, they should informed the public appropriately that they were going to shut down the bridge for the exercise.

Welcome development though.
Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by Escodeb(m): 9:40pm On Apr 29, 2018
Eko oni baje
Re: Photos Of LRU's Accident Response Simulation On 3rd Mainland Bridge Today. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2018
verygudbadguy:
Nice but then, they should informed the public appropriately that they were going to shut down the bridge for the exercise.

Welcome development though.

If the inform the public, it no longer becomes a simulation

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy Averted As Fully Loaded Tanker Spills Content In Alimosho Lagos [photos] / My International Passport Held By France Embassy / Benin Republic Data Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.