Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner (2022 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Akolawole(m): 1:43am On Mar 16, 2007
Anybody is entitle to support or cross-carpet to any club.

Names like Glory hunters, ashawo had been thrown around when describing supporters and Chelsean had been worst hit.

I will like to know How many gunners in the house support Arsenal before King Kanu joined Arsenal.

Over to you guys
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by 4Play(m): 1:47am On Mar 16, 2007
@Akolowale

I do not see anything wrong with someone supporting a club because his countryman has joined it.

The problem is with glory hunters.A glory hunter,by definition, is hunting for glory.He starts to support a club because that club is experiencing great success with the attendant glory.Chelsea fans are notorious for this.

Supporting a club because your favorite national team player has joined it,is not glory hunting
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Akolawole(m): 2:04am On Mar 16, 2007
4 Play:

@Akolowale

I do not see anything wrong with someone supporting a club because his countryman has joined it.

The problem is with glory hunters.A glory hunter,by definition, starts to support a club because that club is experiencing great success with the attendant glory.Chelsea fans are notorious for this.

Supporting a club because your favorite national team player has joined it,is not glory hunting

I never call anybody Glory-Hunters.

Coming from your angle, how many Nigerians are supporting Wigan because of Agawonder? Please tell me.

I am waiting for my arsenal friends
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by LoverBwoy(m): 2:24am On Mar 16, 2007
most Chelsea fans are glorified glory hunters!! nothing more nothing less. ask razorr or anyone of them who zola is cheesy

I see you have gone back to starting arsenal thread baba grin
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by kitaun(m): 2:46am On Mar 16, 2007
Hmmn . .here we go again with double standards!! Why did we have reservations as per Akinalabi and Twinstaiye's thread? Na wa o . .
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by justkunmi(m): 2:57am On Mar 16, 2007
wat is the use of this thread
when u now know the pre kanu fans, wat then do u do with them??
hand out plaques
sad

*shakes head*
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by dblock(m): 6:42am On Mar 16, 2007
I am not a Pre Kanu Arsenal fan, but I became a Gunner cos of Henry not Kanu
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by kaydee(m): 10:53am On Mar 16, 2007
Now U know a Gooner since 97,what next?
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by mukina2: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2007
i am not nigerian

so next . . cheesy

kanu or no kanu .
no one will accuse me of being a glory hunter sef .
cuz players from my country are lipsrsealed
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Razorr(f): 11:37am On Mar 16, 2007
Hee hee hee hee hee. . .

Nice thread Mr. Kola. Thank You!

I hope to see this thread on the front page too o! grin grin
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by mukina2: 11:47am On Mar 16, 2007
hennesy Razorr you see am

ur baba loves our team so much that he loves creating threads about us .

do unto others . . . blah blah blah grin grin grin grin
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Razorr(f): 11:49am On Mar 16, 2007
Yea right! He is simply being a good baba! He's trying to divert all the bad belle away from us! grin
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by chuckdee4(m): 11:52am On Mar 16, 2007
Always been an Arsenal fan way b4 Kanu, especially when i saw Dennis Bergkamp show the rest of England how the beautiful game was meant to played.

1 Like

Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by mukina2: 11:54am On Mar 16, 2007
smart chic grin grin

hennessy razorr grin wink
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Razorr(f): 11:57am On Mar 16, 2007
@ muki grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Abdblues(m): 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2007
@ Akola:
I thinkit is best to let them be!!Let them continue their bad belle, while we smile to the cabinet with trophies!!!
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Razorr(f): 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2007
grin grin grin grin

Shame on bad belle people. . . tra la la la la
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Gheorghe(m): 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2007
watched Dennis Bergkamp's mesmerizing game during 97/98 season which gave him the PFA player of the year along side Patrick Vieira and Emma Petit.

starting point of a "LIFE FOLLOWERSHIP"

"4LIFE"
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Akolawole(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2007
@Kitaun

You are a living witness to this. Many members keep on asking me when i joined Chelsea.

I wonder for them.

People join Team for whatever reason and personally i dont care but i would like to know, how many here even know Arsenal jersey before 1998.

I have noted few people claiming that and it is all well and good.

@Muki

I mean before 1998.

@LB
When did you join Arsenal?

@All

For me, i started supporting Chelsea in 1996/97 season. It is that simple.

Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Vieira(m): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2007
I started my support of Arsenal was from about when I was 4 living across the street from Arsenal. I remember Charlie George!

Full support started when I returned to England in 1990

My first live match at highbury was in 1991/92 Season.

1 Like

Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by justkunmi(m): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2007
@akola
where is this thread heading to
of wat use is all the dates and stuff of joining a team?
u have an anniversary idea goin on?

like i said before,
after knowing those who became gonners (unfortunately) before kanu, wat next?
hand out hampers

tongue
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by mukina2: 6:25pm On Mar 16, 2007
teee hee heeee grin
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by SMC(f): 10:58pm On Mar 16, 2007
I have always been a Gunner. Since I was born and my parents were Gunners before me. My family house is a stone throw from Arsenals former stadium at highbury. We have supported Arsenal through the years, even in the 80's when Arsenal was known as "Boring, Boring Arsenal".

Nwankwo Kano was not even a turning point for the club, so please Akolawole, don't try to lump Arsenal in the same boat as your upstart of a club called Chelsea.

Oh and while we are at it, since this thread is about Arsenal, why didn't you lump it under one of the existing Arsenal threads. Talk about double standards. angry angry

ARSENAL FOR LIFE
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Akolawole(m): 11:25pm On Mar 16, 2007
@Vieria,Gheorghe,chuckdee4

Thanks for your precise comment.

@Muki

1) But you are still a kid grin

2) when did Cable TV debutted in Salone? Maybe Abacha use our money for that in Salone AGAIN.
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Akolawole(m): 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2007
@All

See me see trouble again.

I went to see our family Doctor few hours ago.

She( imagine woman for that matter) ask me to remove my top, then my Drogba round neckt-shirt which is underneath give me away,

Doc: So you are a blue.
Akl : Yes, i am a Chelsean
AKl : Are you a Gunner
Doc: Yes( she was wondering, )
Akl : i will definitely change my Doc( jokingly though, )
Doc: When did you started supporting Chelsea?
Akl : The question hit me and i was so angry. I replied in yoruba " mi o gbo?

I am getting tired of that question daily.
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by wormedup(m): 1:56pm On Mar 22, 2007
an absolutely unnecessary thread !

akola, why now ?
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by lalaboi(m): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2007
whats wrong wit d thread!=?

we av lots of thread questioning d loyalty of chelsea fans!
to create one for oda clubs too is nt "unnecessary"
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by wormedup(m): 5:20pm On Mar 22, 2007
good luck in ur findings then cool
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by randa(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2007
i am happy there are people who have been following the game long before papilo went down to highbury, actually my official arsenal game as a commite follower was during the cup winners final against real zaragoza in 1995 which we lost 2-1 with the morocan born spanish player nayim scoring from almost the centre circle if i can recollect, that day i was baptised a gunner. i have a magazine ( shoot) from 1979 which featured charlie nicolas there and then because of the superlatives i was entralled. i have beign a gunner for 12 years now and i will be 30 come july 30th.
anyone that says there is no post kanu gunner should bite the dust. thanks for the thread
email andy123ng@yahoo.com for more info or call 08069194675 lets talk
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by twinstaiye(m): 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2007
Akolawole, you did well. Well, even if there are large numbers of post kanu arsenal fans, there is no post babayaro chelsea fans, so, it shows, it is not because of kanu that a lot of people were arsenal fans. There used to be Daniel Amokachi for Everton in the past, that does not make a lot of everton fans in nigeria. What this point out to is that, even if there are post kanu arsenal fans, Kanu merely open their eyes to what arsenal are as a team who play free flowing and entertainment football, no wonder, years after kanu left, the support continue to grow. This is unlike when babayaro was in chelsea, we don't even have large number of nigerians as chelsea fans then, the same with everton when amokachi was there.
Akolawole, Arsenal are loved by so many nigerians because, when they play their own football game, you enjoy the game, post kanu or not, Arsenal fans keep growing in nigeria, even when there are no nigeria players in the present arsenal squad.
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by wormedup(m): 10:49am On Mar 26, 2007
twinstaye,
everything you said can still be applied to chelsea, giddit !

from your point of view, why would anyone be wrong in saying that babyaro opened a lot of peoples' eyes to chelsea's kind of game and as u know, the fan base is growing a whole lot even after babayaro left.

personally, i don't hold no grudge to whomever, whenever they decided to join a fan base but u folks won't just let that be.
why in God's name are u guys bothered about someone else's plight in football affinity
how much do u intend to profit from it?

if there's nothing else to talk about, we might as well save some space and time.
i'm stamping my dejections on this, and this whole thing still remains derisory to me !
Re: Identify Yourself If You Are Pre-kanu Nwankwo's Gunner by Abdblues(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2007
I tire for them o o!!!! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing New Photos Of Chelsea Stars [pics] / Mikel Obi,Chelsea ,Mourinho And Football Formations / Arsenal Signs Spain Midfielder Santi Cazola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.