Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,462 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished (675 Views)

Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished / Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
The Atlantic slave trade as we know it - was an extensively organized crime perpetuated by Europeans and Africans against Africans. Its perpetrators are presumably all dead but certain principal elements in the form of leadership institutions still exist. Examples are our long standing native monarchies and the complicit governments of Europe(such as the ones in America, Spain, England, France, Belgium, Netherlands and Portugal).
It is also appropriate to put the buck of the blame on Africans. Our forefathers had consciously participated more chiefly in the trade through the actions of their then leaders. The argument brought to fore is - why is our society still appreciative of these blood sucking, myopic, gluttonous, greedy, and selfish leadership cum royal institutions? Why should sane human beings revere the crown of the Alaafin of Oyo, or that of the Oba of Benin, amongst so many others. I propose a theory that goes as follows:

"The current disposition of leadership treachery in Sub-Saharan Africa is in part as result of a case of unadministered justice against prior native leadership institutions".
Re: Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished by babasolution: 12:28am On Apr 30, 2018
i got information that most of these traditional monarchies were initiated into secret societies by the white slave buyers and rulers,were they were hynotised and thought occult practices,this made them turn against their people and slave their people to slavery.but i dont think they should be abolished,they still hold the last rallying point for the preservation of our culture and history
Re: Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 30, 2018
What charms do the white man have?
Those men were hypotonized by their insatiable greed. It saddens the heart that their progenies are still being paid allowances obtained from the pockets of the citizenry.
Re: Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished by babasolution: 8:29am On May 01, 2018
Danrizzle:
What charms do the white man have?
Those men were hypotonized by their insatiable greed. It saddens the heart that their progenies are still being paid allowances obtained from the pockets of the citizenry.

dont underrate the whitemans spiritual power,they are more deadly,why do u think most deep secret societies are foreign,i even learnt that ogboni confraternity was brought in by the portugese,its not indigenous to nigeria,we Africans think we are adept in charms but not so,the have whites greater hidden spiritual pratices,the whites were baal worshippers one the most ancient and deadly cults
Re: Why Pre-colonial Traditional Monarchies Ought To Be Abolished by babasolution: 8:32am On May 01, 2018
but also,they were heavily greedy and destroyed their societies as blackmen are still doing till today,blackmen especially not blackwomen are an exceeedly greedy and wicked group of people

(1) (Reply)

MASQUERADE Steps Out With His BIBLE And CRUCIFIX In Agulu, Anambra State / NUBIA AFRICAN CHESS: Africa's Answer To Western Chess / Oluwo Oke Is Rude, I’m His Father — Oba Akanbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.