Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Toyota Avensis 2004 Without Catalyst Sensor - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Avensis 2004 Without Catalyst Sensor (1076 Views)

Pls Advice, Btw Nigerian Used Toyota Avensis 2004 And Honda EOD 2004 / Toyota Avensis 2004 / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Avensis 2004 Without Catalyst Sensor by Ochek: 7:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Greetings everyone,

So, I acquired a Nigerian used Toyota Avensis 2004 model about 2 years ago. After a couple of months on complaining about the fuel usage I was told the front catalyst (indomie) was not there and that's why.

I purchased the catalyst (indomie) only for the mechanic to alert me there is no sensor port for it.

I have been told by 2 different persons not to worry as long as the car fires well. I have equally tried to find the catalyst sensor to no avail.

Please, car gurus, what are your advice on this?
Re: Toyota Avensis 2004 Without Catalyst Sensor by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24am On Apr 30, 2018
Ochek:
Greetings everyone,

So, I acquired a Nigerian used Toyota Avensis 2004 model about 2 years ago. After a couple of months on complaining about the fuel usage I was told the front catalyst (indomie) was not there and that's why.

I purchased the catalyst (indomie) only for the mechanic to alert me there is no sensor port for it.

I have been told by 2 different persons not to worry as long as the car fires well. I have equally tried to find the catalyst sensor to no avail.

Please, car gurus, what are your advice on this?

Try and utilize educated educated technicians to avoid wasting money.

have vehicle scanned, check the exhaust manifold for 1 upstream O2 sensor and below for a downstream.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Avensis 2004 Without Catalyst Sensor by Ochek: 8:34am On Apr 30, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Try and utilize educated educated technicians to avoid wasting money.

have vehicle scanned, check the exhaust manifold for 1 upstream O2 sensor and below for a downstream.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna For Higher Purchase / Toyota Camry Drop Light 2001 Model For 670k @ PAYANDRIVE NATIONWIDE / A Clean Nigerian Used Honda CR-V 2016 Car For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.