Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings (15895 Views)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Lady Strips Unclad In Church As Pastor Prays For Her(photos) / Christians Protest In Benue Over The Killings Of Benue People By Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2018
expert234:

The Vatican city sends about 30% of the money required to train priests every year to each country.

They also send down a certain percentage of the money for building churches, schools, hospitals every year.

Stop disgracing your parents here with your imbecilic comments.
If I Talk Na The Mod Go Ban Me, They No See This One Ban?
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2018
Drnice2:
I've carefully watched ur posts, make i no yab u for one thing. You are blindfolded religously(if there's a word to such).

You can only watch my post but can't understand it
It's beyond your understanding

3 Likes

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Niyinficient(m): 11:42am On Apr 30, 2018
Christians or not....these killings are getting too much....

Thought being a former Military man was used to deceived Nigerians during his campaign. what now happened?

1 Like

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2018
Drnice2:

There was no insult there...
Most of you aren't supposed to be on this forum..

Go to 2go

5 Likes

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by modaink333: 11:43am On Apr 30, 2018
e wu otu
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by expert234: 11:46am On Apr 30, 2018
Drnice2:

Check your own comment and ask yourself if a reasonable person with his senses intact should be making that kind of uninformed comment. Why not just shut up since you know you don't have all the facts?

You were so quick to condemn because you want to attack the messenger so that you can rubbish the message. Isn't that imbecilic?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 30, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:

You can only watch my post but can't understand it
It's beyond your understanding
Clap for yourself, we will now crown you "King Solomon."
Just Negodu Holigans everywhere.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by santricedupas(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2018
you will never hear adeboye to speak out or condemed the art of killings, all what his after is tithe and offering, will be telling sheepie that if they don't pay it they won't get to heaven, lagos ibadan business centre.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by KidsNEXTdoor: 11:52am On Apr 30, 2018
Drnice2:
Clap for yourself, we will now crown you "King Solomon."
Just Negodu Holigans everywhere.

You lack insight my boy
Denounce evil Buhari today and receive sense

2 Likes

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 30, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:

There was no insult there...
Most of you aren't supposed to be on this forum..

Go to 2go
My guy, I wasn't referring to you. Why should you tag me in irrelevant comment of yours? Don't expect my reply on this issue, thanks for your time, Mr. Nairaland!
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2018
I think this should have come earlier.

But all the same, its good its coming.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by kabie(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
May the spirit of those
killed in 2003 elections,
killed in 2007 elections,
killed in 2011 elections,
killed in 2015 elections,
killed in herdsmen attacks,
Killed in counter attacks to herdmen,
Killed in in book haram attacks,
Killed in heart attack by poor economy,

Continue to hunt BUHARI in life and in death through Jesus Christ our lord. Amen
U stupid if u think God will listen to this nd u foolish for actually saying dis against ur fellow human as a christian.
If God is to judge him according to these past events u mentioned,I hope he judges u the same way lemme see if buhari won't b ur roommate in hell
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by mylifeisagift(m): 11:57am On Apr 30, 2018
trapQ:
The Pope did well by speaking out but did he only speak because the victims this time around were Catholics?

That isn't what Christianity is all about o. We should look out for our neighbors wether Protestant, Catholic, Anglican, olumba olumba or even Muslim.
Did non Catholics inform him of the ordeal and he remained mute??..
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Emycord: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
nike4love:
good morning,Roman catholic ppl.....
the killings has been going on for sometimes now,
women nd children has been massacred nd u re only protesting now bec ur members nd priests were killed....

lets call a spade a spade bec we don't know who will be next....

say no to injustice nd blood letting bec the next victim might be you....

once again
good morning.....
There Is A Pastor In That Rock
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by TheLawTheLegal: 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
nike4love:
women nd children has been massacred nd u re only protesting now bec ur members nd priests were killed....

once again
good morning.....

Why are we wicked? Why are we like this?

Is it that you have never read where the pope condemned the attacks going on in Nigeria? The link below is a news reported in August 2017 where the pope decried the attacks on Christians in Nigeria.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/pope-francis-slams-anti-christian-attacks-in-nigeria-central-africa/

Have you not also heard of the comments by the Catholic bishop conference of Nigeria on this issue before now? The link below is a news reported in February 2018 where the Catholic bishop conference of Nigeria informed the FG that Nigerians are now under siege.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/act-now-nigeria-siege-catholic-bishops-tell-buhari/

It is acceptable if you are not a Catholic but it is against natural law to be utterly unreasonable.

As to the protest, the protest was ordered by CAN and not Catholic bishop conference of Nigeria or the Vatican.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by smartpyzee(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
nike4love:

once again
good morning.....
since the killings started till date have ur DADDY G.O said anything? ....

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Josh44s(m): 12:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
rozayx5:
if catholic reason your matter ehn

your gone lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And why do you say so? Give me a good reason please because Catholic are toothless bulldogs who have been silent since Buhari turn this county into a slaughter ground.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by skytouch2(f): 12:14pm On Apr 30, 2018
You will not see muric to condem the killings but if it those irrelevances issue like Arabic sign on note , you will see them
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by babra19: 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2018
trapQ:
The Pope did well by speaking out but did he only speak because the victims this time around were Catholics?

That isn't what Christianity is all about o. We should look out for our neighbors wether Protestant, Catholic, Anglican, olumba olumba or even Muslim.

Don't quote the Man of God MR.
Remember he said Christians
Christians means followers of Christ be it any denomination
We are all one...stop this reasoning of yours.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by aliya247(m): 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
Are you a christian from Islamic background meaning you where a Muslim now a born again christian and you have the passion to preach the gospel to your families and friends? You are welcome to chat me on Whatsapp 08030808893
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by nike4love: 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
smartpyzee:
since the killings started till date have ur DADDY G.O said anything? ....

am not the fan of Daddy G.o

may be he is still asleep...
maybe when he is forced to wake by killing one of his own we will gladly say good morning to him....

1 Like

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by smartpyzee(m): 12:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
nike4love:

am not the fan of Daddy G.o

may be he is still asleep...
maybe when he is forced to wake by killing one of his own we will gladly say good morning to him....
lemme chill till he wakes up and hear what he I'll say grin

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by smartpyzee(m): 12:48pm On Apr 30, 2018
Josh44s:

And why do you say so? Give me a good reason please because Catholic are toothless bulldogs who have been silent since Buhari turn this county into a slaughter ground.
cos catholic na political group abi

..no shut up there

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Josh44s(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
smartpyzee:
cos catholic na political group abi

..no shut up there

It seems you don’t know how to read or you have a mental problem. Read my comment careful and tell me where is my offense or don’t ever quote me again.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by smartpyzee(m): 1:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Josh44s:

It seems you don’t know how to read or you have a mental problem. Read my comment careful and tell me where is my offense or don’t ever quote me again.
you dat you can read but can't reason with ur brain..... Just read ur comment again it makes no sense ... You are just hating on catholics for no reason..

And mind you this is not the first time the Pope has talked about the killings in Nigeria
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by CSTR1003: 1:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
Imagine if the Pope has publicly disgraced your country.

Forget international tourism. It will not come.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by NAJALYN: 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2018
Protest by Christians long overdue.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by oluwaahmed: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2018
trapQ:

Your preaching should be directed towards Pentecostal pastors not Catholics. Catholics have always been speaking out about the injustices in buharis govt. From Bishop kukah to Cardinal okojie. The Nigerian Catholic bishops even went to see buhari at the height of the benue killings. The question is what have other denominations been doing? Busy collecting tithe and being politically correct. Leah Habiru who is a Christian has been forgotten by her people and most especially her church. U know I really thought her capture would have sparked wide spread protest with our pastors leading the charge for her release. Please leave the Catholics and Pope alone after all the pope is not Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Josh44s(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
smartpyzee:
you dat you can read but can't reason with ur brain..... Just read ur comment again it makes no sense ... You are just hating on catholics for no reason..

And mind you this is not the first time the Pope has talked about the killings in Nigeria

Chai! You see why I said you should go back to school. Re-read my post again please and stop quoting me. I am not an aboki biko for ur info. My folks are Knights cheesy
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Andy2274: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
nike4love:

once again
good morning.....
. You remember the Mandala bombing on Christmas day in Abuja? This is not the first attack on the church. No sentiment here.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Octaves(m): 10:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
nike4love:

once again
good morning.....
are you saying the Church has been quiet. don't let your hate for the Catholic church make you sound dumb.
Re: Pope Decries Attack On Nigerian Church As Christians Protest Killings by Octaves(m): 10:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
trapQ:

you are wrong. He always speaks out against injustice regardless of the peoples' religious affiliation. are you going to deny that he condemned the massacre of the rhoyinga Muslims. pls stop spreading misinformation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Sin To Begin January 1 Drinking In A Bar? / The 10-point Plan By Alice Bailey And The New World Order For The Destruction / The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.