Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

To Be A Banker Or A An Advertising Exec.... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To Be A Banker Or A An Advertising Exec.... (389 Views)

My Experience As A Banker / 8 Things You Need To Survive As A Banker / 5 Disadvantages Of Being A Banker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Be A Banker Or A An Advertising Exec.... by kejismuse: 9:49am On Apr 30, 2018
Hi all....I need help with this dilemma i'm in, and I know i'll get it here.

I am a graduate of Mass Communication and I have been working in a bank for about 6 years and was not promoted. I however have always had this strong pulling to work in the Media Industry and recently I was able to search vigorously and i got two offers in two Ad Agencies. The better of the two wants me to head the digital marketing team they want to set up (I have done several courses in Digital Marketing by the way, while at my current job). I was about dropping my resignation on a Friday and my name was on the promotion list the Monday of that same week.
The ad agency is not intending to pay more than 100k, but I am supposed to head a team so it sounded ok to me, since i have no experience in that field.

The promotion changes the whole game and I am stalling. I just need to hear other opinions about this, as I might not get another opportunity to switch industries as I have spent my major years in banking, and we all know how the banking indutry is.

Please help.
Re: To Be A Banker Or A An Advertising Exec.... by eboy540(m): 10:26am On Apr 30, 2018
For almost 6years you are just promoted and how much do you think bank job can offer you, ad agency want to pay 100k we're you can develop yourself and the area you actually love most, look deeply and think of de future wat if after promoted you are then sack think about it carefully, Digital marketing is de trend bro and you can actually set up yourself after gaining alot of experience from dat company and you can be promoted regularly if you put all your efforts, am very sure you are frustrated with the bank job.
Re: To Be A Banker Or A An Advertising Exec.... by charles2468(m): 3:29am On May 01, 2018
The poster above me, had said it all

(1) (Reply)

NORMAL: Specially For You! / Achievers Intl Is Employing Massively Now! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.