Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation (30667 Views)

BREAKING: FG Bans Production Of Codeine Based Syrups In Nigeria / BBC: 'Sweet Sweet Codeine' - Nigeria’s Deadly Cough Syrup Epidemic Documentary / "Student Dies After Taking Alcohol, Codeine, Tramadol & Marijuana" - Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by nathskib(f): 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2018
God help us in this country
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by uba1991: 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
may God punish all destiny destroyers in d name of making quick money. i pray one day they ll travel to Malaysia and they ll never return back alive

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by debone2018: 1:38pm On Apr 30, 2018
DEBONE COMPUTER INSTITUTE
NEEDS A COMPETENT COMPUTER INSTRUCTOR FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT.
CONTACT US @
NO.179 OLD REFINERY ROAD BY PLAYGROUP JUNCTION, ELELENWO PORT HARCOURT
OR CALL 08035988889.
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by calculator123(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
Just only if the youths know the adverse effect this would have on their life span.Say no drug abuse.Even if our agencies are utterly useless by not doing their work,don't be too careless on your part...

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Roger3D(m): 1:40pm On Apr 30, 2018
It can all be traced back to the greedy Ibo drugstore owner. That guy is a cancer to the society
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Roger3D(m): 1:43pm On Apr 30, 2018
Bede2u:
North should get education and stop being the hotbed of every negative thing in Nigeria
Why not advise your Ibo brother drug dealers to obey the law and stop selling codeine to children without a doctor's prescription?
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by MyExpression(m): 1:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
The bad side of talking bout codeine so much is that you now make people like me, wanna test that codeine, to know what it's like.
I think I just might do that, to satisfy my curiosity.
I hope one bottle won't make me an addict.
Hope it's cheap...if e pass 300, I no go buy o.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by 01mcfadden(m): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
I read it all, I deserve some accolade.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by MyExpression(m): 1:49pm On Apr 30, 2018
Roger3D:
Why not advice your Ibo brother drug dealers to obey the law and stop selling codeine to children without a doctor's prescription?

How many igbo people do you see buying the drugs?
Where there is no demand, there won't be supply.

If the supply is cut down, it will only increase demand and price of the drug.

It's better to sensitize the people to avoid patronage. Education will sure go a long way.

4 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by calculator123(m): 1:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
Roger3D:
Why not advice your Ibo brother drug dealers to obey the law and stop selling codeine to children without a doctor's prescription?
Don't start tribalism please.Every tribe has a black sheep that would most like go against the societal norm.The issue on ground is not tribe specific

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by calculator123(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
nathskib:
God help us in this country
God has always been helping us.The help only becomes visible if we don't negate common sense all in the name of getting rich quickly or die trying.
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by calculator123(m): 1:59pm On Apr 30, 2018
Olalan:
This easy access and abuse of the drug is simply the fault of all the relevant agencies not doing their jobs
Fine they fail in their line of duty.What about you ingesting what you know is harmful to your health.You should also play your part too.
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Roger3D(m): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2018
MyExpression:

How many igbo people do you see buying the drugs?
Where there is no demand, there won't be supply.

If the supply is cut down, it will only increase demand and price of the drug.

It's better to sensitize the people to avoid patronage. Education will sure go a long way.
So in other words you are saying that the Ibo drug dealers should just be allowed to go on with their illegal trade abi?
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by MrImole: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Britishcoins:
I red it and started crying. Very unfortunate
Crying?

Are you high?

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by millionboi(m): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2018
Better to b addicted to pussy

2 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by calculator123(m): 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2018
Britishcoins:
bros why?
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Rockyrascal(m): 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2018
Bede2u:
North should get education and stop being the hotbed of every negative thing in Nigeria
I don't really know about the excess consumption of the syrup in north, but here in the south-south it's the same sad story. Young boys and girls endanger their health by constantly abusing the drugs.
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by chical: 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
humilitypays:
Useless BBC!!

United Kingdom a.k.a Britain is the chief architect of Nigeria's problem. They pretend like they care about us, but in reality they don't care.

UK and their wuruwuru brain dead, fearful, cowardice BBC reporters cannot do an undercover report to uncover the faceless monsters behind Fulani herdsmen militia massacre of innocent unarmed children, women and old people in Benue and entire Middle Belt, but they have the resources and strength to do an undercover report on Codeine syrup, a cough syrup that is not illegal in Nigeria.

UK really need to be dealt with, I wish another Adolf Hitler would arise and destroy the United Kingdom and chase Queen Elizabeth away from that her evil palace; they are very useless and evil. Wicked Britons, evils angry angry angry

Are you addicted to codeine also?

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by MyExpression(m): 2:12pm On Apr 30, 2018
Roger3D:
So in other words you are saying that the Ibo drug dealers should just be allowed to go on with their illegal trade abi?

I am saying you should concurrently sensitize the people on the dangers.

Apply a method that works.
Necessity is the mother of invention. If addicts don't see codeine they will surely revert to something else and the addition continues.

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by israelmao(m): 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
Economy is one of the contributory factors to crime rate such as drug
peddling but again if if we have no subscribers there will be no providers.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by CSTR1003: 2:19pm On Apr 30, 2018
Roger3D:
No it means if igbos stop selling codeine, the northern health sector would be in crisis due to a scarcity of effective pain relievers.

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Roger3D(m): 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2018
CSTR1003:

No it means if igbos stop selling codeine, the northern health sector would be in crisis due to a scarcity of effective pain relievers.
Why don't they ask prospective customers for a doctor's prescription before selling first? Don't bother answering cos I know what it is: GREED
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2018
And so we have our own opioid crisis. Ably abetted by drug companies
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Captaynbee: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2018
Osasnidas:
it's sad when I watched the video clip done by BBC, some sales rep of all this pharmaceutical company will do anything for the money no matter who it hurts, the emzor sales rep for example. "man is just so unkind to mankind"

Emzolyn is also important to mankind
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by MicroBox: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
Bede2u:
So you still leave in the dark.
Codene is for literate while
Weed is for illiterate
Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Buffalowings3(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2018
Wetin comsign us

Im more concermed abot fulani herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
Roger3D:

What has this got to do with everything? Northerners don't sell drugs? Drugs that are equally sold in kiosks and wheelbarrows? by the time the burden and scales of ethnic hatred would clear from your eyes, your life must have been over!

3 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Bede2u(m): 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
Roger3D:
Why not advise your Ibo brother drug dealers to obey the law and stop selling codeine to children without a doctor's prescription?
u are probably Another codeine abuser. Help urself bruh...nobody will

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2018
Everything is wrong in this country of ours. That codeine I remember I was given dat drug as a teenager for cough. It knocked me out Na so so sleep Na I tell my mama say I no drink again. Momsie put am for fridge me I ni sabi say Na highness but my cousin finish am, wen my sister get cough momsi go fridge she no see am, my cousin say him be get cough so him drink am and d cough stop, she no know say Na high d guy high. Chai.. Benylin with Codeine

4 Likes

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Dantedasz(m): 2:58pm On Apr 30, 2018
humilitypays:
Useless BBC!!

United Kingdom a.k.a Britain is the chief architect of Nigeria's problem. They pretend like they care about us, but in reality they don't care.

UK and their wuruwuru brain dead, fearful, cowardice BBC reporters cannot do an undercover report to uncover the faceless monsters behind Fulani herdsmen militia massacre of innocent unarmed children, women and old people in Benue and entire Middle Belt, but they have the resources and strength to do an undercover report on Codeine syrup, a cough syrup that is not illegal in Nigeria.

UK really need to be dealt with, I wish another Adolf Hitler would arise and destroy the United Kingdom and chase Queen Elizabeth away from that her evil palace; they are very useless and evil. Wicked Britons, evils angry angry angry

:
Go back and read the OP again,this time S-L-O-W-L-Y-.

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation by Teibaba(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2018
Please don't "red" it next time oh. It's well

Britishcoins:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dr Emeka Okorocha & Ikenna Ihim Tackle The Challenges Of Minorities In Medicine / NDLEA Arrests Music Producer With Illegal Drugs Worth N374m (photo) / Woman, Daughter Stranded In India Over Hospital Bills (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.