Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

"I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest (22749 Views)

Sales Of Automated Cooking Gas Equipment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by 2016v2017: 6:46am On May 01, 2018
lotusbeta:

This is the truth about whether resting your laptop on your lap affects your fertility

Unless you’re at work or maybe on a train, the chances are pretty high that you use your computer by resting it on your lap. But have you ever wondered what impact this might be having on your between-me-down-theres? My computer is pretty old and it feels like it gets as hot as the sun… and what about radiation? Is that an issue?

Now, a panel of experts have spoken to The Verge about everything you could ever want to know on the topic.

Essentially, it’s pretty good news. There is no credible evidence that using a laptop on your lap will damage your genitals or have any real effect on your fertility.
Dr John Emory, an endocrinologist at the University of Washington Medical Centre, said: “The good news is that laptop use shouldn’t have any negative impact on fertility.”

Dr Sarah Vaugh, an infertility fellow at Stanford University, agreed that there are not enough studies on the issue to prove that this is a major problem. And the reason that we don’t really need to be worried is that laptops don’t get hot enough to cause any real damage. It’s true that testicles need to remain cool – that’s why they’re on the outside of the body – but laptop heat just isn’t high enough to affect sperm production.

However, the experts agreed that if you are concerned about your fertility you might want to stick to a desk just in case. And they also agreed that radiation from a laptop is so tiny you really don’t need to worry – it’s the same amount of radiation as going on a plane or even walking around outside. The doctors, however, did have some advice about other things you should avoid to make sure your fertility isn’t damaged:

- Prolonged time spent in very hot hot-tubs
- Marijuana
- Opiates
- Alcoholism
And, according to the NHS, if you or your partner has been diagnosed with a low sperm count, there are several options available. You can help maximise your chances of conceiving by:
- Having sex every two or three days
- Moderating your alcohol consumption and stopping smoking
- Staying in good shape, exercising regularly and having a healthy, balanced diet

https://www.shortlist.com/tech/laptop-lap-fertility-health-heat-radiation/355171
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Debazent: 6:49am On May 01, 2018
It doesn't affect it
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Nobody: 6:50am On May 01, 2018
The marijuana one is a big, fat lie
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Nobody: 7:34am On May 01, 2018
lotusbeta:

- Having sex every two or three days

https://www.shortlist.com/tech/laptop-lap-fertility-health-heat-radiation/355171

Like seriously, abeg stop am if na play, wic kind talk be this now embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Hotzone(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2018
Op, maybe u r using Mac or newest version of hp or you are living in America where used things are not encouraged
But for we folks down here (naija), we use dell and hp of 1997 model which the panel has generic malfunction and the processor emits heat profusely and this heat has some form of radiation which is harmful to me

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Stallion93(m): 8:09am On May 01, 2018
Well I stopped using my laptop adjacent to my Cherries when I began to notice a strange feeling down there anytime I place it on my thighs for few mins. I don't think it's advisable to place it on your thighs
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Kendrick80(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2018
Marijuana...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo shocked
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by lotusbeta: 5:54pm On May 01, 2018
YoungFr:

Like seriously, abeg stop am if na play, wic kind talk be this now embarassed embarassed undecided

Hahahaha� Say NO to HARD drugs

peacettw:
That is a terrible choice of words for something so sensitive. Imagine the tobacco industry declaring that their products will not smoke your lungs.

Did u read just the headline or the entire article?
Re: "I Am Not Cooking Your Balls" - Laptops Protest by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 01, 2018
lotusbeta:

Hahahaha� Say NO to HARD drugs

How do I say no to hard drugs when you're the supplier or don't you know you will be jobless if I stop taking hard drugs

Did u read just the headline or the entire article?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Normally Use To Clean Your Laptop Screen ? / My Computer Is Infected With A Very Deadly Virus / How To Unlock Huawei USB Internet Modem Without Unlock Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.