Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

What Do You Know About The Secretive Cobra Pearl? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do You Know About The Secretive Cobra Pearl? (2352 Views)

Cobra Killed In A Student's Kitchen In Kogi While Trying To Eat Chicken (Photos) / Big Cobra Killed In Unilorin’s Female Hostel, After Months Of Cohabitation / the big Cobra killed in my apartment (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Know About The Secretive Cobra Pearl? by GeeString: 4:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
In the video below, a man successfully retrieves a cobra pearl/stone from a King Cobra. This stone is said to possess various powers including anti-venom properties, spiritual protection against demons, diseases and principalities and also acts as a snake repellant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtHOyMtqsJU

As an African/Nigerian boy, I often heard tales of this stones sought by hunters and herbalists and how difficult it was to get one from a snake. I thought it was a myth but doing a little research, I have discovered it is known in India too.

I have also personally witnessed this stone used effectively for a friend who got stung by a scorpion. The stone stuck to his skin, extracted the venom from his finger and dropped off when all the poison was out.

Not much material exists on it as many claim pharmaceutical companies do not want its secrets revealed deliberately in order not to experience sales drop of their own very expensive anti-venoms.

What do you know about this stone?

lalasticlala, fynestboi, richiex, seun

Re: What Do You Know About The Secretive Cobra Pearl? by Emmanuel602(m): 4:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
Interesting I'll like to know too
Re: What Do You Know About The Secretive Cobra Pearl? by Benjom(m): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2018
My first time of hearing about this but...

(1) (Reply)

Does Unilag Offer Bsc. Radiography / University Of Ado Ekiti Post Utme / Get Uniben Post Utme Past Question And Answers In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.