Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,520 members, 7,865,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria (21319 Views)

People That Steal Nigeria’s Resources Are Both Christians & Muslims - Osinbajo / 'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Kennedy767(m): 10:52am On May 01, 2018
God bless DONALD TRUMP.....soon he will come to Christian rescue in Nigeria
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by cozysblog: 10:53am On May 01, 2018
[center]2019 Election Will Be The Easiest Election Ever For Buhari-Says Festus Keyamo[/center]

The official spokesperson for President Muhammadu Buhari’s 2019 election campaign, Festus Keyamo (SAN), has said his principal will win easily.

Keyamo, speaking on Channels Television, boasted that next year’s election will be easier for the President to win than even when he was elected in 2015.

“The 2019 election will be the easiest election for president Buhari despite what the nay sayers are saying, it will be the easier the president than 2015 and all the indices are there, because since that time the president had won over the heart of other sections of the country at that time that may not have voted for him, between then and now he has won their heart,” he said.

Read more here:http://www.cozysblog.com.ng/2019-election-will-be-the-easiest-election-ever-for-buhari-says-festus-keyamo/

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by papoudaupolos: 10:53am On May 01, 2018
Femijohn198:
the Muslim religious and Islamic cause big problem to the north, that religion need to be banned and eradicate from the country.That is why irag , Pakistan,and all others Islamic countries are not growing till today.the Quran they read found it difficult for them to understand.
let me point out your ignorance
Islamic and sharia countries are doing far better
Dubai
Qatar
Oman
Kuwait
Kazakhstan
Indonesia
Malaysia
Brunei
Saudi Arabia
But look at your region = baby factory, kidnapping, drugs peddling, poto,monkey fox....very christ
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by theostarboy(m): 10:55am On May 01, 2018
if they can divide the country i believe it will be great, muslims are not accomodative
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58am On May 01, 2018
Tochyodiks:
Muslims don't deserve protection, they deserve to be vanquished and bombed without mercy, those blood thirsty savages. Claiming jihad they got from their useless quoran.. Hope they know prophet Mohammed is still lying in state, probably rotting away in hell for writing what he does not know

Grand Master Of SAVAGE!

1 Like

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59am On May 01, 2018
Tochyodiks:
Muslims don't deserve protection, they deserve to be vanquished and bombed without mercy, those blood thirsty savages. Claiming jihad they got from their useless quoran.. Hope they know prophet Mohammed is still lying in state, probably rotting away in hell for writing what he does not know
Your ignorance is beyond redemption, your white slave master that enslave ur generation unborn making it impossible for their existence after wasting over 50m black in the transatlantic slavery and the holocaust against indigenous aborigens of Australian wiping almost a complete race from existence has not done worst to humanity kind, your succumb to the so called first recruiting an
army and massive follower of anti-Christ for massive exploration
ofhell fire will continue unabate, the continue persistence of Islamic fundamentals against the will of first world order irresistible to the spread of immorality, gayism, lesbianism, adultery,fornication, big
brotherism, nudity, so called gender equality, etc, shaytan will be joyous cos shaytanic agender is persistly achieved, Islam will never be left alone, until shaytanic agender is fully achieved, from alqaeeda, to alshabab , to isil , boko haram in which all are linked to the former which was pioneered by the masonic movement to denigrade Islam , an agender which they vowed must be actualized all purposefully to assured a great army of hell inheritance.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On May 01, 2018
lilAZeeZ:

u must be that useless an hungry slave in somewhere around Nigeria, do u think ur religion that allow ur pastors to f**ck ur mothers an sis to made u people fatherless is d right option to go through ?
let it pain you, but it's the truth, I watch documentaries about your religion and Osama bin whatever on BBC and I can boldly say that yout religion makes no sense, how can you kill to enjoy 7 virgins in heaven wtf

1 Like

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by pressplay411(m): 11:01am On May 01, 2018
Opinionated:
Religion is a very volatile issue in Nigeria and United States President, Donald Trump might have inadvertently triggered off a new source of dispute between Christians and Muslims in the country.

He made the following comments at the Oval Office where he held talks with President Muhammadu Buhari.

“We have had very serious problems with Christians who are being murdered in Nigeria, we are going to be working on that problem very, very hard because we cannot allow that to happen,” Trump said.

However, in his opening statement at the Rose Garden press conference, he stated:

“We are deeply concerned by religious violence in Nigeria, including the burning of churches and the killing and persecution of Christians,” he pointed out.

“We encourage Nigeria and the federal, state and local leaders to do everything in their power to immediately secure the affected communities and to protect innocent civilians of all faiths, including Muslims and including Christians.”

This provides more insight into the United States position about the violence in Nigeria and shows it is not taking an anti-Muslim stance when it comes to the violence ravaging the country.

Therefore, it is important that Nigerians focus on our common security than engage in unnecessary squabbles over what Trump said about one religious group or the other.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/see-donald-trump-asked-protection-christians-muslims-nigeria/

Perhaps they want him to start enumerating all the religions in Nigeria. He emphasised on Christians because they're undeniably the victims in recent spate of religious attacks.
Perhaps Muslims feel uncomfortable with the statement knowing they or their offshoots are guilty of culpability as the culprits of these attacks.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by troublemakea(m): 11:03am On May 01, 2018
Empiree:
this nigga should be banned. Seun
you should be banned instead....he said is mind so what your fvcking problem
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:03am On May 01, 2018
Thegamingorca:
you sir, are uneducated
as religion blinds you folks
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by papoudaupolos: 11:03am On May 01, 2018
Ejiwoo:
HOW many Muslim countries are peaceful?

they are just for violent. they are known for blood shed and militian
For hundreds years to come muslims countries will never kill as many people as Christians countries killed and still killing.
Check the history 1st and 2nd WW ,and other wars.they killed hundreds of millions of their kind.

The Islamic countries with sharia laws are doing super fine UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, etc

1 Like

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by 2016v2017: 11:03am On May 01, 2018
flexyrule:
First of all, am a great fan of President Trump and he inspired me into doing so many things I thought were impossible in life.
But thinking Trump gives a hoot about Nigeria and Africa at large would be me living in a fools paradise.
There's 3 things Donald Trump cares about:

1. Himself
2. Winning the competition against Obama and the DEMs - He is always comparing his administration with the Obama's.
3. MAGA - Making America Great Again (Strictly Business)

You guessed right - Trump is actually a very selfish leader. Well, that is what he is actually using to Make America Great Again. (The US has spent years and Billions policing the world while their economy and citizens remain at the suffering end)

Trump doesn't give a hoot about Nigeria and whatever that is going down here, except of course if he is gonna make a name from it (I did this, I did that, bla bla bla), would help him score a cheap point against Obama and the Dems and is gonna result in more revenue for the American government.

After a deal worth almost $500 million with Nigeria, Donald Trump suddenly became an ally to one of the sh*thole countries hmmmm. And the way he responded to the journalist's question on "how soon would the helicopters be delivered and whether the US is ready to sell more military equipment to Nigeria government" would tell you that this man has no interest in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria, rather his interest is in the sales. He was like America produces the best helicopters and military equipment in the world and previous administration refused to sell to the Nigerian government which he feels was a very terrible decision (that was him trying to score a cheap point against Obama), but your president (PMB) loves helicopters (that part sounded more like "the kid likes Toys"wink and we are ready to "sell" the best to him. His contribution here was more business inclined.

"We also have a very big trade deal that we’re working on for military equipment — helicopters and the like. We have met before. We have developed a great relationship. And we look forward to our discussion today — very important — but again, especially as it relates to terrorism. And that’s terrorism here and terrorism all over the world. It’s a hotbed, and we’re going to be stopping that"

The only economy Trump cares about is that of the United States. - At a point, Trump said he would discuss with US farmers to see how they can start exporting Agricultural produce to Nigeria. (This is a country who is trying to diversify her economy with Agriculture as the main option in focus - I don't gerrit) Even Trump's body language was all about Trade! Trade!! Trade!!!

Finally, PMB did a great job during his visit. Aside the long written epistle he went to read like a 5 year old reciting nursery rhymes and his statement about Herdsmen not carrying guns. Never been this impressed. My expectation was a 3/10. But he did a 5/10. That not withstanding would not stop him from returning to Daura come 2019.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by pennyforthought: 11:04am On May 01, 2018
To the muslims who think trump hates them, he really does not. Trump has never said anything against muslims before he began running for president. He then said the things he did to secure votes from the Evangelicals and since winning he hasn't said anything anti islamic. He did it for votes, just like Islamist governments use religion to win votes in Egypt or Sudan. His "muslim" ban was not a ban on muslim countries but on the 7 countries where most terrorists come from. If he was banning muslim countries he'd need to ban 58. Why would he then have made it easier to get visas for gulf muslims?

You need to look beyond your hurt religious sentiments and see why people do the things they do. Politicians often use religion to win votes. They have in Nigeria and in any muslim and christian countries.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Festy4u(m): 11:04am On May 01, 2018
Sirjamo:
Trash, why are infidels like America, Britain and Isreal always eager to invade Muslim countries? They are behind everything happening in those countries because of their selfish interest.

Just imagine the bull crap you typed! Any nation that doesn't accept your faith are term infidel when in actual sense those countries you termed "infidel" are actually trying to curb your excesses and make the world a better place for all! undecided
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by papoudaupolos: 11:06am On May 01, 2018
theapeman:
The protection suppose to be for Christian and not Muslim angry

Muslim are the one who are killing the Christian for Allah course!

That religion need to be exterminated
If she didn't exterminate you as fetus how could you think anything should be. Think
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by 2016v2017: 11:06am On May 01, 2018
ITbomb:
Those quota system scholars who scored 20 in JAMB will not be able to read to the end and understand
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:07am On May 01, 2018
QuitNotice:
People were saying they were afraid of what Buhari would say, but I was actually afraid of what Trump was going to say, given his hatred for Muslims, especially in such circumstances

Trump doesn't hate Muslims , Muslims love to leave their country and start imposing their laws bit won't respect the existing laws of the land. Islam has given birth to many form of terrorism such as jihad, boko etc, the fact that trump questions this does not make him a hater
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by papoudaupolos: 11:10am On May 01, 2018
Tochyodiks:
let it pain you, but it's the truth, I watch documentaries about your religion and Osama bin whatever on BBC and I can boldly say that yout religion makes no sense, how can you kill to enjoy 7 virgins in heaven wtf

Your lord that allowed the 100 millions to be killed during WW I-II is saint right? That was war by Christian countries.
Is better I enjoy 7 virgins That be a gay and be crucify for it
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by emakind(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2018
oladele00:
I think Madrid will win Bayern today
Like for Madrid share for bayern

am a bornhard barsa fan..but its gonna be a Spanish show..barca out so now i got no choice but to stand wit madrid..for the main time
#hala_madrid
and for life.#forca_barca
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12am On May 01, 2018
Sirjamo:
OK, you want protection for Christians only, while Muslims can die? what makes you different from the terrorists we are all trying to get rid of? same ideology.
Lol. You brought this upon yourselves.

You cannot think to have monopoly of violence and blame a man for saying he wants to protect 99% victims of that violence.

Geez, am I to protect the terrorist?

Has any Muslim leader ever condemned ISIS or ISIL. They are secretly happy.

Or better still, they are practising the doctrine of Taqiyya, preached by the doctrine as the express permission to lie.

Kiss the truth.

1 Like

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by zuto4u(m): 11:12am On May 01, 2018
Wow! Good observations bro, u deserve an accolade
flexyrule:
First of all, am a great fan of President Trump and he inspired me into doing so many things I thought were impossible in life.
But thinking Trump gives a hoot about Nigeria and Africa at large would be me living in a fools paradise.

1. Himself
2. Winning the competition against Obama and the DEMs - He is always comparing his administration with the Obama's.

You guessed right - Trump is actually a very selfish leader. Well, that is what he is actually using to Make America Great Again. (The US has spent years and Billions policing the world while their economy and citizens remain at the suffering end)

Trump doesn't give a hoot about Nigeria and whatever that is going down here, except of course if he is gonna make a name from it (I did this, I did that, bla bla bla), would help him score a cheap point against Obama and the Dems and is gonna result in more revenue for the American government.

After a deal worth almost $500 million with Nigeria, Donald Trump suddenly became an ally to one of the sh*thole countries hmmmm. And the way he responded to the journalist's question on "how soon would the helicopters be delivered and whether the US is ready to sell more military equipment to Nigeria government" would tell you that this man has no interest in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria, rather his interest is in the sales. He was like America produces the best helicopters and military equipment in the world and previous administration refused to sell to the Nigerian government which he feels was a very terrible decision (that was him trying to score a cheap point against Obama), but your president (PMB) loves helicopters (that part sounded more like "the kid likes Toys"wink and we are ready to "sell" the best to him. His contribution here was more business inclined.

"We also have a very big trade deal that we’re working on for military equipment — helicopters and the like. We have met before. We have developed a great relationship. And we look forward to our discussion today — very important — but again, especially as it relates to terrorism. And that’s terrorism here and terrorism all over the world. It’s a hotbed, and we’re going to be stopping that"

The only economy Trump cares about is that of the United States. - At a point, Trump said he would discuss with US farmers to see how they can start exporting Agricultural produce to Nigeria. (This is a country who is trying to diversify her economy with Agriculture as the main option in focus - I don't gerrit) Even Trump's body language was all about Trade! Trade!! Trade!!!

Finally, PMB did a great job during his visit. Aside the long written epistle he went to read like a 5 year old reciting nursery rhymes and his statement about Herdsmen not carrying guns. Never been this impressed. My expectation was a 3/10. But he did a 5/10. That not withstanding would not stop him from returning to Daura come 2019.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On May 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:

For hundreds years to come muslims countries will never kill as many people as Christians countries killed and still killing.
Check the history 1st and 2nd WW ,and other wars.they killed hundreds of millions of their kind.

The Islamic countries with sharia laws are doing super fine UAE, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, etc

you didn't mention Iran, Pakistan, Syria , Nigeria are these are not part of countries that practice Islam?

Muslims hate USA but go to the embassy and see the amount of Muslims applying for visas to these Christian countries would shock you
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by iyerikan12: 11:18am On May 01, 2018
theapeman:
The protection suppose to be for Christian and not Muslim angry

Muslim are the one who are killing the Christian for Allah course!

That religion need to be exterminated
For your information, Tell me where the mentioned Christianity in the Bible?, Tell me where Bible says you should go to church on Sunday?, Tell me where Jesus said he's God?,. so with this little question Christianity should be exterminated.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by edupedia: 11:20am On May 01, 2018
flexyrule:

1. Himself

....have u finished your epistle?... But are those of you saying u will send him back to Daura using the codeine on the recent BBC program?
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by pennyforthought: 11:20am On May 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:

So we just ignore the mass slaughter of non muslims in Iran, India and parts of Africa by the invading muslim armies ? While yes Christians did kill a lot in the world wars it wasn't because they were christian. That's like saying in the Iran-Iraq war muslims killed millions of muslims. They did, but it wasn't because of religion.

The UAE does not have Sharia law punishments. It only has sharia law for family and finance issues and that too only for muslims that choose it, they can go to civil court also. Saudi Arabia has mass human rights abuses and executes several people each year. Malaysia does not have sharia law except in one state which is the state that no one visits or travels to. These countries aren't doing well because of sharia law but because of clever leaders with good policies. Afghanistan also has sharia law and is a shithil.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Fbicacus: 11:21am On May 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:
Dubai
Qatar
Oman
Kuwait
Kazakhstan
Indonesia
Malaysia
Brunei
Saudi Arabia
But look at your region = baby factory, kidnapping, drugs peddling, poto,monkey fox....very christ

slavery countries, Bleep you..
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by pennyforthought: 11:22am On May 01, 2018
saeedowolab:

Your ignorance is beyond redemption, your white slave master that enslave ur generation unborn making it impossible for their existence after wasting over 50m black in the transatlantic slavery and the holocaust against indigenous aborigens of Australian wiping almost a complete race from existence has not done worst to humanity kind, your succumb to the so called first recruiting an
army and massive follower of anti-Christ for massive exploration
ofhell fire will continue unabate, the continue persistence of Islamic fundamentals against the will of first world order irresistible to the spread of immorality, gayism, lesbianism, adultery,fornication, big
brotherism, nudity, so called gender equality, etc, shaytan will be joyous cos shaytanic agender is persistly achieved, Islam will never be left alone, until shaytanic agender is fully achieved, from alqaeeda, to alshabab , to isil , boko haram in which all are linked to the former which was pioneered by the masonic movement to denigrade Islam , an agender which they vowed must be actualized all purposefully to assured a great army of hell inheritance.

I have no idea which language you're typing in but whites weren't the only ones who took slaves. The Arabs took 15 million black slaves, a full 3 million more than the whites did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by iyerikan12: 11:24am On May 01, 2018
Thickcok01:
Moslems are born bastard like their mohammad or watever the idiot is called. Stupid islam disturbing the peace of the world. One day e go red btw christian and the born bastard muslems sha
If that is your prayer we're waiting for the day and please don't hide that day. Go and continue with your dancing and singing. is there any place that Jesus called himself God in the Bible or asked you to go to church on Sunday?. Pig will never change to human being.
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by pennyforthought: 11:24am On May 01, 2018
papoudaupolos:
Dubai
Qatar
Oman
Kuwait
Kazakhstan
Indonesia
Malaysia
Brunei
Saudi Arabia

While his point was stupid, so is yours. Dubai is not a country, the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait do not follow sharia law except in the case of family law. Kazakhstan is a secular country with no sharia law. Indonesia is secular and does not have sharia law. One state in Malaysia has sharia law. All of these are well developed due to intelligent leaders and oil resources, not because of sharia law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24am On May 01, 2018
flexyrule:

1. Himself

Yeah, and I say thumbs-up to him because those three things you listed depict a very responsible leader, passionately poised to make a giant stride. Even his gaffe most times chunks out money for his country. Trump is no doubt an envy of citizens of other nations.

Anyway, I guess you don't have an idea of the many lives Trump just saved with that statement (without launching a rocket). After all, you might not be living in those affected areas in the north.

Conclusively, Trump made an impact while doing business with Nigeria, and I deem him more responsible than Theresa May (Gay Advocate).

1 Like

Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by papoudaupolos: 11:25am On May 01, 2018
Ezechinwa:

you didn't mention Iran, Pakistan, Syria , Nigeria are these are not part of countries that practice Islam?

Muslims hate USA but go to the embassy and see the amount of Muslims applying for visas to these Christian countries would shock you
There alot of Christian countries in a crisis also.
Congo
Ukraine
South sudan
Colombia
Liberia
... all these are purely Christian countries are they killing in the name of jesus?

Who made you believe muslims hate US or US hate muslims?
U still didn't say anything about millions of Christians and Jews that died in the hand of Christian during world wars.
Did Christianity caused all that
Re: Trump Asked For The Protection Of Both Christians And Muslims In Nigeria by pennyforthought: 11:29am On May 01, 2018
Sirjamo:
Trash, why are infidels like America, Britain and Isreal always eager to invade Muslim countries? They are behind everything happening in those countries because of their selfish interest.

Israel didn't invade any muslim country, on the contrary it's muslim countries that constantly have tried to and have failed at invading Israel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Ekiti Government Extends Lockdown By Two Weeks / LASG Holds Service For Ndubuisi Kanu, Names Estate After Him. / Update On The Ongoing Imota Rice Mill Project In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.