Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme (7889 Views)

80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Verbal Abuse Of Employees / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Nkemakonam62: 4:40am On May 01, 2018
The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) has begun an aggressive enforcement of Employees Compensation Scheme (ECS).

The Managing Director and Chief Executive of NSITF, Adebayo Somefun, who disclosed this at an induction programme by the Fund for its staff in Ibadan region, urged staffers to arm themselves for the huge tasks ahead.

The NSITF boss, who described the ECS as a very important scheme, which puts smiles on the face of employees that sustain injuries in the course of work, stressed that there was a need to be diligent about enforcement to ensure that employers key into the desires of the scheme.

He added: “Before the advent of the ECS, workers were left on their own when they sustain injury in the workplace. But the coming of ECS, workers now give their best knowing that when they sustain injury, there is a scheme that will take the burden off them.
That is why in the last seven years since this scheme began, there has been steady rise in workers’ productivity because workers now execute their tasks without holding back or afraid of injury. Not only that, the ECS also take care of the families of any workers that die in the course of work.”
While decrying lauding some firms that have keyed into the scheme, Somefun hinted that the purpose of the aggressive enforcement of the ECS is not to intimidate organisations, but to explain while it is necessary for them to comply with the provisions of the law.
“The ECS is a product of the law. The law specified that every organisation must make provision for the safety of its workers.
The ECS is a one-stop-shop for workers safety in the workplace because not just that NSITF sits and wait till accident happen before act, we provide safety guidelines that reduce risks at the workplace.
NSITF exposes organisations to simple and cost effective safety steps that can reduce accidents in the workplace,” he explained.
In another development, the Managing director of NSITF, Adebayo Somefun, received the National Merit Award for Change and Good Governance.
Presenting the award to him in his office, Chairman of the Independent Magazine Publishers Association of Nigeria (IMPAN), Jude Ubaka, said Somefun‘s nomination for the award was based on the unique achievements of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund in the insurance sector, attributing the achievements to the dynamic management style of the Fund.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/05/nsitf-begins-aggressive-enforcement-of.html

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by joeaz58(m): 7:03am On May 01, 2018
nice one from NSITF... thank goodness I saw good news on nairaland this morning tongue FTCJoor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by ibroopeyemi(m): 7:04am On May 01, 2018
H
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by SmartMugu: 7:04am On May 01, 2018
[quote author=joeaz58 post=67173620][/quote]
Must u say this for ftc? Why rubbish another thread? Must u talk by force?
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Stemkay: 7:04am On May 01, 2018
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Nobody: 7:04am On May 01, 2018
Interesting
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Nackzy: 7:06am On May 01, 2018
Stories. .only on papers... Finish as far as its about Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:06am On May 01, 2018
what are they enforcing? an organization so full of corruption...you guys are owing my father's pension fund since 2004 till now and have refuse to pay him. ..

1 Like

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:10am On May 01, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
what are they enforcing? an organization so full of corruption...you guys are owing my father's pension fund since 2004 till now and have refuse to pay him. ..

NSITF no be pension body na grin

3 Likes

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by joeaz58(m): 7:10am On May 01, 2018
SmartMugu:

Must u say this for ftc? Why rubbish another thread? Must u talk by force?
smart mugu be kiaful
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Nobody: 7:13am On May 01, 2018
Free money to be looted.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by saintkash(m): 7:18am On May 01, 2018
Interesting and real.. I first heard about this on our AGM held February 2018 where the MD of my company explain it to us and how we have keyed into the scheme

2 Likes

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Debazent: 7:21am On May 01, 2018
Hope this yield fruitful results.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by omowolewa: 7:35am On May 01, 2018
Paying Premium on staff safety, what if nothing happens to any staff in 5, 10 years? My premium and hard earn money down drain?

After serious earlier Monday morning prayers,

Safety measures HSE policy well enforced

Even at low risk service firm who provides general personnel insurance with insurance company.

NSITF still want free money off my purse, no way. If you guyz are waiting to Mainagate anything here, just exclude mine abeg.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Princelyod(m): 7:50am On May 01, 2018
omowolewa:
Paying Premium on staff safety, what if nothing happens to any staff in 5, 10 years? My premium and hard earn money down drain?

Even at low risk service firm who provides general personnel insurance with insurance company.

NSITF still want free money off my purse, no way. If you guyz are waiting to Mainagate anything here, just exclude mine abeg.
Nothing is deducted from your salary.It is the responsibility of your employer to pay on your behalf

3 Likes

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by omowolewa: 7:53am On May 01, 2018
Princelyod:
Nothing is deducted from your salary.It is the responsibility of your employer to pay on your behalf

Sorry, I employ people.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by psalmistkakah(m): 8:29am On May 01, 2018
Princelyod:
Ur employer will definately deduct ur earning by others means, e.g to increase 5k to ur pay he will make it 2k
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by DavidEsq(m): 8:38am On May 01, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
Oya come to my office, les talk.

1 Like

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by nkay2020: 8:41am On May 01, 2018
[q1uote author=omowolewa post=67174511]Paying Premium on staff safety, what if nothing happens to any staff in 5, 10 years? My premium and hard earn money down drain?

NSITF still want free money off my purse, no way. If you guyz are waiting to Mainagate anything here, just exclude mine abeg.[/quote]

What if something happens? A meagre 1% of an employee's emolument will solve a lot of headache for the employers. So many transport companies are keying in.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Ten06(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2018
valentineuwakwe:
It is not NSITF that is owing your dad it is Trustfund pension that is owing your dad.
Tell your dad to go to any trustfund pension office close to him to submit his documents and access his pension.
The system is so transparent now. I know some few persons who has collected their pension

4 Likes

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by raymod170(m): 9:47am On May 01, 2018
follow us on Instgram - petjoaglobalinvltd https://www.instagram.com/petjoaglobalinvltd/
follow us on Twitter - @PetjoaGlobal https://twitter.com/PetjoaGlobal
follow us on Google+ - https://plus.google.com/u/0/101450511538919077416
Like us on Facebook - https://web.facebook.com/petjoaglobalnvestmentlimited/
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Jethrolite(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2018
joeaz58:
nice one from NSITF... thank goodness I saw good news on nairaland this morning tongue FTCJoor
Money that will be squandered by the enforcer.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by vikstandon(m): 10:52am On May 01, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

Please visit TrustFund for this claim...There has been a transfer of duty since 2004 owing to the Pension Reform Act 2004.

Is good u showed ur disapproval... But asking question would have provided the proper guidance.

NSITF no longer handles the defined benefit scheme (pensions)... Our new assignment is ECA.

Stop by today at TrustFund offices nationwide and make ur enquiries on how to process ur pensions.

3 Likes

Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by histemple: 11:12am On May 01, 2018
There people are scam. I registered my employees and when one of them was hit by a motorcycle on her way to work, NSITF told me the injury was not serious and refused to pay for her treatment.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by swagz300(m): 11:30am On May 01, 2018
Call mr richard on 08108211243 for your hook up connection(sweet mum/dad) and get assisted financially after convinced satisfaction. Good luck!
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Virtualaccounts: 2:29pm On May 01, 2018
This is good news and long awaited. Somewhat duplicated if you ask me as many companies already have HMO. It should be targeted to specific industry like manufacturing etal and other companies without HMO.

If you're not sure how this affects your company, please Holla me and we can help you plan your staff cost for efficiency.

www.virtualaccountant.ng
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by 3DCYCLOPS: 2:55pm On May 01, 2018
NSITF and TrustFund... 2004 Obasanjo and Adams Oshiomole then Labour president embezzled poor nigerians money and sacked all NSITF staff just to cover their a$$....FG has never and will never care about the masses welfare!!!
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by fanwas(m): 3:36pm On May 01, 2018
In another news
FANWAS GIFT CARD & BITCOIN MERCHANT
Past me all your valid iTunes Gift Card & Amazon walmart Vanilla wallet Gift Card all country 10$, 15$, 25$, 50$, 100$ all payment will be given in 10 to 15min maximum. Long life all legit feet boys.....Don't give ur card to Ripper...I buy it Normal @Good rate just try me once u will enjoy Doing Business with me
I remain your number one trusted merchant. I buy Bitcoin @ honest price�whatsapp or Call 08032190913
Let's trade and smile away
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by othenok(f): 8:26pm On May 01, 2018
valentineuwakwe:

Mr Valentine, your father's pension are with TrustFund PFA. NSITF transfered everything pensions to them. They are strictly into Employees Compensation now. Just visit any TrustFund PFA Branch with your father's NSITF card and he will get his money in less than 1 month. Thank you.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by othenok(f): 8:32pm On May 01, 2018
Virtualaccounts:
This is good news and long awaited. Somewhat duplicated if you ask me as many companies already have HMO. It should be targeted to specific industry like manufacturing etal and other companies without HMO.

If you're not sure how this affects your company, please Holla me and we can help you plan your staff cost for efficiency.

www.virtualaccountant.ng

You are getting things muddled up. NSITF handles injuries and even death which occurred in the course of work. Occupational injuries and accidents encountered in course of doing one's work. In case of death, the dependents of the person are well taken care of till the age which the deceased would have retired.

It's unfortunate that lots of staff do not know the benefits of keying into this. Many staff have lost their jobs due to injures sustained while doing their job, which should never be.

Funny enough lots of companies own by non-Nigerians are enjoying this while our Naija companies just siddon dey look.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by Virtualaccounts: 9:48pm On May 01, 2018
othenok:

You are getting things muddled up. NSITF handles injuries and even death which occurred in the course of work. Occupational injuries and accidents encountered in course of doing one's work. In case of death, the dependents of the person are well taken care of till the age which the deceased would have retired.

It's unfortunate that lots of staff do not know the benefits of keying into this. Many staff have lost their jobs due to injures sustained while doing their job, which should never be.

Funny enough lots of companies own by non-Nigerians are enjoying this while our Naija companies just siddon dey look.

HMO covers injuries and whatever sickness. The pension act covers death up to 3 times the annual salary of the deceased person. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

The NSITF Act is a duplicate Act. Totally unnecessary.
Re: NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme by SmartMugu: 3:12am On May 02, 2018
joeaz58:
smart mugu be kiaful
Or else? You wan strangle me through social media? Lol. Well sha, make I quiet, I no know which kain jazz u dey carry Waka. Make e no locate me. I fear otumopo die. Lol. I don run comot for this thread before I become the next subject matter wey una go open thread on top. Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Share Your Experience On Ambassador Nigeria,bridge International Academy. / 5 Tips For A Happier Work Day / How Does she Handle her Company's Refusal To Register staff For Pension Scheme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.