Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance (25193 Views)

Oyo State Workers Get August Salary 2 Days Ahead Of Schedule / Rochas Okorocha Gives Pregnant Teacher One Million Naira During IMO Workers Day / Okorocha Gives Imo Workers 18-Day Christmas Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:26pm On May 01, 2018
The governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, has announced automatic promotion for all workers in the state civil service, with the exception of those who are newly employed.

He also promised that because of the fondness he had for the workers, he could also approve sleeping allowance for them.

Okorocha announced the automatic promotion in his address at the 2018 Workers’ Day celebration, which held on Tuesday at Heroes Square in Owerri.

This is even as low turnout marred the celebration, as many workers stayed away from the event.

Addressing the workers, the governor said, “I have therefore approved an automatic promotion for all workers of Imo State.

“This automatic promotion means that if you are in Grade Level Eight, you are now in Grade Level Nine.

“This is because since I became governor seven years ago, you have not been promoted.

“Without you, the activities of government would be crippled. You are the engine room behind all our successes.

“I thank you for your patience. You are so dear to me. I can even approve sleeping allowance for you.”

Okorocha said his administration would abide by whatever decision is reached between the Federal Government and the Nigerian Labour Congress concerning the new minimum wage for Nigerian workers.

The governor said that his administration had approved new salary structure for the workers, though he did not provide the details.

An address read by Paul Akalazu, state chairman, Trade Union Congress, on behalf of Organised Labour in the state, urged the state government to immediately commence payment of 100 percent salaries for all workers.

“We call on the governor to direct the immediate restoration of 100 percent salary payment to all categories of workers as an appreciation of the sacrifices made by the workers during the economic recession.”

The organised labour urged the Okorocha led administration to clear all pension arrears and gratuities of the state’s senior citizens .

http://www.punchng.com/imo-workers-get-automatic-promotion-as-okorocha-promises-sleeping-allowance/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by BreezyCB(m): 6:28pm On May 01, 2018
Awolowo be like

grin grin

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Omeokachie: 6:31pm On May 01, 2018
Will they be made to fill this form also?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Bobbybube(m): 6:44pm On May 01, 2018
If they tell me that this man is being controlled by some sort of demonic remote control i wouldn't doubt it one bit.
The workers that are in grade levels have not been paid their full salary for several months and you are promoting them to a higher grade with more salary and allowance requirements? Do the workers need promotion with a-less-than-half salary?
By the way how can you promote all the workers in the state? Is he an administrator at all. If you promote all warkers bar junior workers then there will be an empty level below. Also, he will have to retire all those at the top or else they will be much more than occupiable positions.

In the end it was a cheap publicity stunt to beef up his unwanted son-in-law. God will help us all!

144 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 01, 2018
Many are mad but few are roaming

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by casualobserver1: 7:37pm On May 01, 2018
Omeokachie:
Will they be made to fill this form also?

I don't want to believe that this is real.

4 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by nairavsdollars(f): 8:10pm On May 01, 2018
What special gifts can i give this Imo workers now?

17 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by CriticMaestro: 8:11pm On May 01, 2018
Shame catch me when I enter owerri come See big bill boards with the photo of rochas and Obama shaking hands...
I was like what the fxxk man

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Austema(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2018
Politicians with campaign strategies. Fear them, nothing goes for nothing

2 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2018
Ds man will create problem for d coming government

6 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 01, 2018
Our Governor has gone mad again.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by IMASTEX: 8:12pm On May 01, 2018
Sleeping allowance?!

1 Like

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by IMASTEX: 8:12pm On May 01, 2018
Chascop:
Many are mad but few are roaming
Gbam!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Mariangeles(f): 8:12pm On May 01, 2018
He's ridiculous!
He is known to make promises he can't keep, and if he keeps doing that, people will stop taking him serious!
You can't fool all the people all the time

8 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Cloud007: 8:13pm On May 01, 2018
Something is obviously wrong.... angry

1 Like

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Divay22(f): 8:13pm On May 01, 2018
Sleeping alawee grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by naijjaman(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2018
undecided
Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by DrObum(m): 8:14pm On May 01, 2018
Rochas onye nko!

Who listens to that man? I am sure even his family doesn't

8 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Lizilicious(f): 8:14pm On May 01, 2018
Very soon he will start paying crying allowance..

4 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by beautyhd: 8:14pm On May 01, 2018
Very soon 'kpanshing' allowance will follow.

5 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by beatsbyelixir: 8:14pm On May 01, 2018
Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by SmartPolician: 8:14pm On May 01, 2018
Rochas is the most popular governor right now

5 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by soberdrunk(m): 8:14pm On May 01, 2018
grin
Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by okomile(f): 8:15pm On May 01, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by beatsbyelixir: 8:16pm On May 01, 2018
This is funny oh. Sleeping allowance.
Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Ezedon(m): 8:18pm On May 01, 2018
Animal

1 Like

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Rick9(m): 8:19pm On May 01, 2018
And I thought that, nothing would surprise me anymore in Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Alariiwo: 8:21pm On May 01, 2018
SE and mediocrity sha..

You won't see any of those dumbos now, but when it involves other tribes, they litter the cyberspace with insults.
Rubbish!
Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by adadike(f): 8:21pm On May 01, 2018
cheesy Okoroawusa have finally gone mad

4 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Skybeach1: 8:22pm On May 01, 2018
Necromancer, greedy bush man! You are paying them 70% till date. No allowance(statutory ) attached since your administration. Now you are talking of sleeping allowance. I keep wondering which planet you came from. Onye ara!!!

8 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by AZeD1(m): 8:25pm On May 01, 2018
There's something wrong with Rochas.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Workers Get Automatic Promotion As Gov. Okorocha Promises Sleeping Allowance by Gangster1ms: 8:26pm On May 01, 2018
Sleeping allowance ke?
I go like that kain job grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know? Justice Onnoghen Rejected Bribes And Ruled For Buhari In 2008 / Court Refuses To Stop Collation Of Rivers Election Results / Angry Youths Stone, Boo Governor Alia In Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.