Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

$2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges (10708 Views)

FG Plots Fresh Charges Against Onnoghen: The 3 Stage Plan / FG Files Fresh Charges Against Co-defendants Of Nnamdi Kanu / Photos Of Sambo Dasuki In Court For Olisa Metuh’s Corruption Trial. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by aminulive: 4:14pm On May 02, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has filed fresh charges against Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd), former National Security Adviser, who is alleged of criminal diversion of funds to the tune of $2.1billion.
The money was part of funds earmarked by the Federal Government to fight Boko Haram insurgency in the northeast.

According to Rotimi Jacobs, SAN, counsel to the EFCC, the charge was amended to remove the second defendant and also to bring up fresh charges against the other defendants. With the amendment, the initial counts of 19 preferred against the defendants have increased to 32.

PoliticsNGR gathered that Dasuki is facing trial alongside Attahiru Bafarawa, a former governor of Sokoto State; his son, Sagir Bafarawa; a former Director of Finance and Administration in the Office of the NSA, Shuaibu Salisu; a former Minister of State for Finance, Bashir Yuguda as well as Sagir’s firm, Dalhatu Investment.

Other defendants in the matter had frantically sought to be separately tried, to ensure speedy determination of their cases, but eventually lost the bid at the Supreme Court on March 2, 2018, which decision ordered accelerated hearing, instead.

Consequently, the trial court, presided over by Justice Hussein Baba-Yusuf of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, fixed April 13, for a pre-trial conference, in other to ensure effective management of the two separate charges against Dasuki and other defendants.

At the resumed sitting today, Jacobs informed the court about the outcome of the conference and also told the court about the amended charge, urging the court to accept it.

His words: “In line with your Lordship's directive, we held the conference, except that the senior counsels for the defendants were not there. They sent their juniors to represent them.

“My Lord, their attitude is to oppose everything we seek to tender. We have served them the additional documents and we have also filed an amended charge dated and filed April 30, 2018.

“I urge my Lord to accept the amended charge and allow it”.

Jacobs further told the court that “one of the reasons for allowing it is that it tends to remove the second defendant and also there are additional counts to make them 32 counts”.

Dasuki’s counsel, Ahmed Raji, SAN, confirmed the receipt of the amended charge, urging the court to graciously avail the first defendant more time to enable them study the additional counts.

“I confirm that around 5:30pm on Monday, my office was served. Yesterday, there was no work, so this morning my attention was brought to it.
“I have not had the privilege of discussing the content with the first defendant. I scantly went through it and discovered that the counts are now almost double”, Raji said.

Justice Baba-Yusuf, thereafter, adjourned to May 16, 2018 for the former NSA and his co-accused to take their pleas on the amended charge.

https://politicsngr.com/2-1-billion-onsa-fraud-dasuki-trouble-efcc-files-fresh-charges-details/

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by HtwoOw: 5:08pm On May 02, 2018
Court really needs to force Jonathan to appear in court for Dasuki and Metuah

6 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by veekid(m): 5:21pm On May 02, 2018
This dasuki matter never die?

Buhari looking for excuses everywhere

20 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by Lexusgs430: 5:22pm On May 02, 2018
That special court, awaits them all....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 02, 2018
Dasuki only offence was that he played a major role in 1983 coup which ousted Pa Buhari from power.

38 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by AceRoyal: 5:23pm On May 02, 2018
Dansuki's case cannot be won by the FG and they know it. All they will be doing is the continuous filing of fresh charges to prolong the case and incarceration of Dansuki, score cheap political points and pin their incompetence on the past administration using this Dansuki as a poster boy.

If you believe this case will hold water, then you're politically naive. This case will not be over in the next 3years minimum.

When(not if) APC and PMB leaves power, the amount of corruption that will be unearthed will be mind boggling.

I wish we could have alternate party system every four years,Nigeria will be slightly better.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by AceRoyal: 5:23pm On May 02, 2018
K...
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by sonnie10: 5:23pm On May 02, 2018
What is wrong with this Buhari?

5 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by Judolisco(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2018
M not interested send d man to jail stop using him to score cheap political point

4 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by oyetunder(m): 5:24pm On May 02, 2018
cool We do not need those who be telling us this and that is corrupt please. We all know that we are in this mess thru perennial corruptions. We need the hunters who shall reclaim our yams.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by xpiranza: 5:25pm On May 02, 2018
HtwoOw:

touch jona make wahala start....all our northern elite way don rape Nigeria dry waiting happen to them...Jonathan is not Nigeria's problem our leaders lack political will..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by Diso60090(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2018
oic
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by omoadeleye(m): 5:25pm On May 02, 2018
H
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by SBG04: 5:26pm On May 02, 2018
This man Dasuki has to go down and get convicted so that we send a clear message to the likes of Saraki, Ekweremadu and Fayose that the era of "Nigeria's money is our money" is over.

3 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by xpiranza: 5:27pm On May 02, 2018
Judolisco:
M not interested send d man to jail stop using him to score cheap political point
I agree with u jail them make we see not all these media trial...fg talked about hate speech ty made a statement n he was not arrested...
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by xpiranza: 5:29pm On May 02, 2018
SBG04:
This man Dasuki has to go down and get convicted so that we send a clear message to the likes of Saraki, Ekweremadu and Fayose that the era of "Nigeria's money is our money" is over.
bros y u no add the former secretary to d government d grass cuter etc

5 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by holuphisayor(m): 5:31pm On May 02, 2018
This government continues to distract us with its hoax. Dasuki this and that. For how many years now?

why not slam him with 50 years jail term and let us hear word.

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by IMASTEX: 5:31pm On May 02, 2018
Old story
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by pyx: 5:31pm On May 02, 2018
xpiranza:
touch jona make wahala start....all our northern elite way don rape Nigeria dry waiting happen to them...Jonathan is not Nigeria's problem our leaders lack political will..
what is political will ogagun? Who is Jonah? Haven't you read read from international news how leaders and past presidents were sent to jail, sit down in that zoo where things works in opposite directions and say whatever you like supporting those who have looted billions to secure their family future but give you a peanut to buy data. Radarada

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by Igba123: 5:35pm On May 02, 2018
Efcc and buhari knw they are not fighting corruption. Charge this man to court without any dubious interference and see d man go free. Ndi nzuko ogbanje.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:36pm On May 02, 2018
HtwoOw:

It is very necessary.
They took this country back to many many years.
Bunch of rouges.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:38pm On May 02, 2018
pyx:
what is political will ogagun? Who is Jonah? Haven't you read read from international news how leaders and past presidents were sent to jail, sit down in that zoo where things works in opposite directions and say whatever you like supporting those who have looted billions to secure their family future but give you a peanut to buy data. Radarada
God bless you for this my brother.
I wonder how the youths of this nation think!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by OBAGADAFFI: 5:42pm On May 02, 2018
grin
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by bejeria101(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2018
Buhuari is an idiot! Quote me any where what are they afraid of if dasuki talks? Na fresh charges we go chop?
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by xpiranza: 5:43pm On May 02, 2018
pyx:
that is international these is Nigeria e no fit happen no deceive ur self ex presido cannot be jailed OK...silver of bayelsa former gover his house was returned that was seized under jona government..so guy make bubu finish him gra gra another government will come that will return their property n money back to them buhari gave silver his so stop fighting about them...they are all together

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by RZArecta2(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2018
It's not by filing fresh charges everyday like a frustrated, nagging house wife. Do the needful and let him have his day in open court if you dare grin with his documented facts, this monies he is alleged to have stolen covers three administrations and not just Gej's own so bring it on except Buhari the lesbian goat is afraid people very very close to him will be mentioned as among those whose hands dipped into the pot of soup. Anyways, Dasuki's greatest crime is that he shined the precious kongo of one yarinya like dat cool

2 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by xpiranza: 5:46pm On May 02, 2018
post=67221443:

God bless you for this my brother.
I wonder how the youths of this nation think!
no ex presido have been trial n jailed lawfully in Nigeria so jona will not be the first...am not supporting jona am just been realistic here in Nigeria of today e no fit happen
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by slimfit1(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2018
Jonathan was foolish if not he would have probed past leaders starting from 1982 till 2010 but he was clueless so good that Buhari started this so we can continue like that.

4 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by Commanderinpips: 5:47pm On May 02, 2018
SBG04:

And who told you Buhari is also free from corruption we need strong institutions not body language.
Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by agbangam: 5:51pm On May 02, 2018
AceRoyal:
Dansuki's cannot be won by the FG and they know it. All they will be doing is the continuous filing of fresh charges to prolong the case and incarceration of Dansuki, score cheap political points and pin their incompetence on the past administration using this Dansuki as a poster boy.

If you believe this case will hold water, they you're politically naive. This case will not be over in the next 3year minimum.

When(not if) APC and PMB leaves power, the amount of corruption that will be unearthed will be mind boggling.

I wish we could have alternate party system every four years,Nigeria will be slightly better.

Defender of Looters, i hail u ooo. Hope ATM Dansuki remembered you in his "shareful giving" cheesy

1 Like

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by AceRoyal: 5:56pm On May 02, 2018
agbangam:

Defender of Looters, i hail u ooo. Hope ATM Dansuki remembered you in his "shareful giving" cheesy
I'm not defending anybody but the truth.
i am nonpartisan!

Stop been politically myopic, it's sad when I see youths who claim to be educated brandish very crude forms of stupidity.

I will not respond to your mentions again because it's quite obvious common sense is missing.

2 Likes

Re: $2.1 Billion ONSA Fraud: Dasuki In Trouble As EFCC Files Fresh Charges by mechanics(m): 6:03pm On May 02, 2018
Eyah, he was not wise at all, he didn't think of the future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tribunal: Don't Be A Double Loser, Sagay Tells Atiku / Attack On Diplomat: Timi Frank Seeks Tough Sanctions Against Indonesia / Navy Relocates Training Command HQ From Lagos To Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.