Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,735 members, 7,851,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

5 Wrong Ways To Apologise To A Partner - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Wrong Ways To Apologise To A Partner (503 Views)

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise / My Wife Doesn't Apologise For Anything.. I'm Tired / 5 Wrong Impressions About Marriage That You Must Correct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Wrong Ways To Apologise To A Partner by Uranus1: 2:25am On May 03, 2018
Nobody is perfect and it’s OK to make mistakes and offend your partner. However, the manner of your apology, and not just your decision to apologise will determine whether or not you’re forgiven, and whether your relationship will move forward or hit a snag at that stage.
Here are the wrong ways to apologize:

1. Point out they once did the same thing
It doesn’t matter if this person once did the same thing to you. When apologizing, no need to mention that.

2. Remind them of how good you’ve been
That you have been good for so long does not excuse you from apologizing and doing it right when you have messed up.

3. With a nasty tone
An apology doesn’t mean anything if you say it with attitude. People notice it if your words are “I’m sorry” but your tone is “Screw you.” The words aren’t enough. Tone is everything.

Continue reading
https://www.nigerialog.com/family/5-wrong-ways-to-apologise-to-a-partner

(1) (Reply)

Wallpaper / For Enugu People Alone. / What Did You Learn About Women From Your Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.