Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,618 members, 7,827,317 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan (1506 Views)

Buhari’s Appointments Are Not Lopsided Says Jonathan’s Former-aide, Omokiri / Buhari, Jonathan In Shocking Contrast In Aso Rock Over Transition (must read) / Northern Elders Storm Aso Rock Over Security, Political Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by Nigerd(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2010
Infighting in Aso Rock over, says Jonathan
Headlines May 20, 2010
From left, President Goodluck Jonathan; Vice President Namadi Sambo and the wife of the Vice President, Hajia Amina Sambo shortly after Namadi Sambo took oath of office and oath of allegiance as Vice President at the Aso Chambers, State House, Abuja. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida
By Daniel Idonor
ABUJA—AFTER 13 days of horse-trading and high-level politicking over who would become the nation’s number two citizen, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Aloysius Katsina-Alu, yesterday, administered the oath of office on the immediate past Governor of Kaduna State, Muhammad Namadi Sambo as the fourth democratically elected Vice President of the country.
This is as President Goodluck Jonathan declared that the emergence of Namadi Sambo as Nigeria’s Vice President marked the end of crises among political actors in Aso Rock, especially between President and Vice President.

Insisting that he would ensure a harmonious working relationship with the new Vice President, President Jonathan said: “I promise you full cooperation. The stories of crisis between president and vice president will not arise. I will make sure that we work together as a team. I have the confidence to say that because my history is well known by everybody.”

Jonathan said “I have a fair knowledge of areas of disagreement. I was a deputy governor before I became a governor, and I started as a vice president before I became the president.”

VP Sambo takes oath

After the oath taking event which was witnessed by a capacity crowd of who-is-who in the country, the new Vice President was immediately decorated with the symbolic insignia by President Goodluck Jonathan. This was followed by another decoration of the new appointee, but this time, with the prestigious award of the Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger, GCON, also by the President.

President Goodluck Jonathan (left), with Arc. Namadi Sambo shorlty after he was sworn in as Vice President at the Aso Chambers, Abuja, yesterday. Photo by Abayomi Adeshida
The historic but unique event which held at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa was billed for 10:00 a.m., yesterday, but could not hold due to unforeseen circumstances. It was shifted to 4:00 p.m., in the afternoon, perhaps to enable interested State governors to attend the ceremony.

Some of those present at the ceremony included the Senate President, Senator David Mark, represented by the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Eweremadu, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Oladimeji Bankole, former CJN, Justice Mohammed Uwais (rtd), former Minister of Transport in the Second Republic, Alhaji Umaru Dikko, serving and former governors, ministers, traditional rulers among others.

Speaking during the ceremony, Jonathan said: “Today we are witnessing a brief ceremony but it is quite unique and important in the political history of Nigeria. I know that we will work together to make sure that we project the interest of this country internationally and work with all stakeholders to improve the economy of this country. I believe you will be supportive and carry out the duty of your office without fear or favour.”

Responding, Vice President Sambo said: “It is with a deep sense of appreciation and the will to serve my fatherland, that I accepted this enormous responsibility of the office of the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I am not unaware of the challenges posed by the dictates of this office and we shall surmount such challenges, Allah willing.

“I believe that my choice to occupy this office by Mr. President is hinged on the belief that I will bring my wealth of experience garnered over the years in the private as well as the public sector, to bear in the discharge of my duties and actualization of Mr. President’s lofty programmes for our dear country.”

Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by fyneguy: 8:33am On May 20, 2010
No be slippers this man wear so? (kiddin)
Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by sayso: 9:07am On May 20, 2010
The dead are easily forgotten,Yar-dua's duties are gone just like that.Life is not fairto human(s)
Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:33am On May 20, 2010
Vice President with Slpass, This Hausa Peopla shaaaa
Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by opokonwa(m): 10:09am On May 20, 2010
Im slippers fit buy your xmas shoe.

Check out Presido shoes. Lol!
Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by Igwe9(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2010
fyneguy:

No be slippers this man wear so? (kiddin)
barnabasj:

Vice President with Slpass, This Hausa Peopla shaaaa
what else do you expect someone in Agbada to wear? fashion police!!
He's on casual and you still expect him to wear shoes. yeye !
Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by buffox: 11:12am On May 20, 2010
Jonathan shoe sef be as e get o.

Lets just call it "the new government of modesty"!
Re: Infighting In Aso Rock Over, Says Jonathan by Nigerd(m): 6:11pm On May 20, 2010
he is on trad, so he can wear the slippers, no H fillins

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Meets Juju Men / Ekwueme Joins Jonathan Campaign / Whats Your Views On Mugabe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.