Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria (37514 Views)

Seun Kuti Reacts To A Video Of Youths ‘chilling’ At A Betting Shop In Owerri / Seun Kuti Reacts To Otedola Philanthropic Gestures: “Political Ambition Loading” / Jaiye Kuti Reacts To Rihanna’s Dressing: “This Is Madness” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by elmiliano: 1:51pm On May 03, 2018
Get off your high horse and Indulge me for a minute.
It's true codeine promotes decadence in the society. The funny thing is the society is already decaying. Most drug users are not only looking for an high but also a means of escape from the frustration and pain in the society and this pain comes in many forms ranging from an abusive household, Lack of support from people that matter, Poverty, Traumatizing experiences, Lack of opportunities, means (jobs, welfare) and facilities to achieve your passion and dreams. It only gets worse because we tell ourselves we're black and black don't crack. So we leave our issues boxed up and unresolved then we do what we know how to do best, escape. The fact that nobody even cares about this users and what may have prompted them is very appaling, it says a lot about you and I. Ever ready to judge. Never ready to love. Never ready to help each other face our demons, If you know someone who uses, before judging try to understand where they're coming from and help them through the pain. Maybe, just maybe things might change. Depression is real, very real. Life will bring you a lot of pain and there are a lot of ways to deal with this pain. choose wisely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by ninetiethcrown7(m): 1:54pm On May 03, 2018
Captaynbee:

Oga Dem no dey import codeine
No come dey form deep for here

Chiaman dem dey import codeine, if you no know check it.

Funny enough I know what you mean when you say they don't import it, you mean the cough syrup. I am talking about the codeine chemical itself. It is imported. Codeine, promethazine they are all imported.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by iamjavadem(m): 2:31pm On May 03, 2018
Why havent they banned alcohol or cigarettes, they are worse than igbo
Evablizin:
Lol.

Truth,igbo still dey everywhere.

grin Igbo "banned unjustly". Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by karimcarim(m): 2:41pm On May 03, 2018
Iike father like son
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 2:42pm On May 03, 2018
Seun, Abi you yourself dey take CODEINE
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2018
Interesting.
Check our signature in blue below and click on the WhatsApp link to chat us directly.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:18pm On May 03, 2018
oyetunder:
undecided and the destruction igbo has done to many lives are still visible also. This is what you get when you have a society where they do not know the true definitions of icons.
well from ur comments it shows,u are suffering from intellectual kwashiorkor and yet u don't smoke igbo....

U suffering from bandwagon effects of myopic minds..Perhaps in ur dunce society u might just be an ICON.

#opinion #
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by oyetunder(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
well from ur comments it shows,u are suffering from intellectual kwashiorkor and yet u don't smoke igbo....

U suffering from bandwagon effects of myopic minds..Perhaps in ur dunce society u might just be an ICON.

#opinion #
I pity the womb that allowed a useless tadpole from a rusty pipe to fertilised. Yea, I pity those who participated in your naming ceremony...they never knew that they were rejoicing over the birth of a generational tragedy. You are actually a true representative of your clan.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by newoffer: 3:50pm On May 03, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:
what i don't get is, what is the worlds business if i smoke weed?

I'm not killing anybody
I'm not harming anybody
I'm not stealing from anybody

so why can't i smoke weed without police around the world giving me wahala
. u can smoke ur weed in mushin wit police being ur fellow smoker

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:50pm On May 03, 2018
oyetunder:
I pity the womb that allowed a useless tadpole from a rusty pipe to fertilised. Yea, I pity those who participated in your naming ceremony...they never knew that they were rejoicing over the birth of a generational tragedy. You are actually a true representative of your clan.
this epistle was a failed attempt woeful effort to disprove my submission Smh...Your type are alot on the streets of Nigeria...They write in English well,speak well but very empty upstairs,blank minds,they know nothing about anything..

Because they are embroiled in the bandwagon of if you can read and write that automatically makes them intelligent.. No man, you are actually a product of your own illusions..

You will someday understand, but that is after you emancipate yourself through thorough reading and researches..

By the way a quick reminder it's never too late to start..

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by oyetunder(m): 3:54pm On May 03, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
this epistle was a failed attempt woeful effort to disprove my submission Smh...Your type are alot on the streets of Nigeria...They write in English well,speak well but very empty upstairs,blank minds,they know nothing about anything..

Because they are embroiled in the bandwagon of if you can read and write that automatically makes them intelligent.. No man, you are actually a product of your own illusions..

You will someday understand, but that is after you emancipate yourself through thorough reading and researches..

By the way a quick reminder it's never too late to start..
Well, the day a man realises that he is insane, then His mind has been restored. Quick recovery is all I wish you from these apparent insanity of yours. I hope it is not hereditary.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by maisauki: 4:16pm On May 03, 2018
Government never ban any IGBO na, dem still dey do business for everywhere but most especially, they're helping to develop all d underdeveloped parts of the world from India to Kuala Lumpur, from Vietnam to Budapest
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by thedondada(m): 5:41pm On May 03, 2018
sweetrace:

Because when you're high and your sense of judgement becomes impaired it is possible to
Kill somebody
Harm somebody
Steal from somebody.

Honestly I don't believe this. I don't do weed but I have friends who smoke it like mad always on weekends. They arent violent or misbehave all they do is laugh a lot and dance like zombies in the club (lol). I've never seen them angry or fight ever since we've started rolling. They are even more pliable then with a silly grin on thier faces.

I think it's riff raffs who smoke it that give it a bad name. IMO. People who already have criminal tendencies that are now emboldened by the smoke.

C.c nomoretrolling

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by 9tailskid: 7:05pm On May 03, 2018
Evablizin:
Lol.

Truth,igbo still dey everywhere.
grin Igbo "banned unjustly". Like seriously?
Man loves his weed. Can't fault him there tho.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by 9tailskid: 7:06pm On May 03, 2018
[quote author=thedondada post=67252235]

Honestly I don't believe this. I don't do weed but I have friends who smoke it like mad always on weekends. They arent violent or misbehave all they do is laugh a lot and dance like zombies in the club (lol). I've never seen them angry or fight ever since we've started rolling. They are even more pliable then with a silly grin on thier faces.

I think it's riff raffs who smoke it that give it a bad name. IMO. People who already have criminal tendencies that

Admit it my nigga, you've smoked it once.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by mcyemite(m): 7:39pm On May 03, 2018
NoMoreTrolling:
what i don't get is, what is the worlds business if i smoke weed?

I'm not killing anybody
I'm not harming anybody
I'm not stealing from anybody

so why can't i smoke weed without police around the world giving me wahala
you are killing yourself thats a crime.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by mcyemite(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2018
Roger3D:
We also want the national assembly to as a matter of urgency pass a law mandating the death penalty for anyone caught smuggling the drug into the country else this ban will not work
fyi,this drug we talking about here(codine) isn't smuggled into this country, it's made here.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by Roger3D(m): 8:13pm On May 03, 2018
einsteine:

Okay, it's more about the blood lust then. Nice one. I hope you send in your application to be an executioner.
you seem so keen on defending the rights of drug dealers over the consequences of their activity on society, and you pick offence when I ask if you are one of them
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by NoMoreTrolling: 8:44pm On May 03, 2018
thedondada:

I think it's riff raffs who smoke it that give it a bad name. IMO. People who already have criminal tendencies that are now emboldened by the smoke.

C.c nomoretrolling

exactly, couldn't have said it better bro!

what most people don't know, is that some very good engineers, doctors, lawyers... around the world all toke now and then, but they obviously do so responsibly.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by peterrenzel20: 10:30pm On May 03, 2018
Chai! Seun na correct guy
AprokoGirl:
@APROKOGIRL

“Igbo has been banned (unjustly) but e still dey everywhere” - Seun Kuti reacts to ban of Codeine.

BY APROKO GIRL : https://aprokogirl.com/4396/igbo-has-been-banned-unjustly-but-e-still-dey-everywhere-seun-kuti-reacts-to-ban-of-codeine-read-more/

cc; lalasticlala

Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by thaEMINENT(m): 9:08am On May 04, 2018
So why dem never ban tobacco??

ClintonEmex:
I support the Government on this, the devastating effect of tobacco cannot be over emphasised.
Re: Seun Kuti Reacts To Ban Of Codeine. - Talks On Status Of Cannabis In Nigeria by transnational: 1:28pm On May 04, 2018
Transnational Trade and Commerce Centre
Empowerment to transform the nation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Kizz Daniel And Reekado Banks Are Not In Good Terms / Young Politician Lucky Omenka Dedicates Child, House In Grand Style In Abuja / Bolarinde Damilola: I Was Promised A Car, A Trip To California, Got Only N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.