Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,603 members, 7,770,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:51 AM

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone (13087 Views)

Nigerian Develops App To Speed Up Browsers / Top 6 Affordable Bluetooth Accessories You Can Get For Your Android Smartphone / How To Fix Unfortunately System UI Has Stopped On Your Android Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 3:54pm On May 03, 2018
As A Nigerian It’s frustrating to spend several thousands of money on a high-end smartphone only to find that the smooth and speedy performance you expected remains elusive. Mid-rangers and the budget end of the market are even more prone to stuttering and lag. There are various ways to speed up that Android performance, and a few things you can do to make it feel faster.

1. TURN OFF/REDUCE ANIMATIONS
Imagine; You tap the home button but you get home before your phone does... Ahh!
You can make your Android device feel snappier by reducing or turning off some of animations. You’ll need to enable Developer options in order to do this. Go to Settings > About phone and scroll down to the System section to look for Build number. Tap on it seven times and you should see a message about being a developer. You can now go back to the previous menu and you should see Developer options listed under System. Head in there and scroll down to find Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale. Tap each in turn and set it to .5x or off. Pick an option and find out what suits you, if you don’t like just go back in and change the values again.
I personally have window animation turned off on my device.

2.TURN OFF AUTO-SYNC

This causes a major lags on a some Chinese phones I've had access to..
Most of us end up adding a list of different accounts to our Android devices and we allow them to automatically sync in the background to pull in new data and provide us with updates. All this syncing has a big impact on performance, not to mention battery life.

You could go to Settings and find Auto-sync under Accounts and just turn it off altogether, but that will be too drastic for most people. Instead why not just reduce the sync frequency and remove any accounts you don’t really need? For a lot of apps, like Facebook, you’ll need to open up the app and find the settings to reduce the sync frequency.

3.UNINSTALL AND DISABLE BLOATWARES/APPS
BLOATWARES,, malwares? they eat up ram With time

Bet, You certainly don’t want to allow apps that you never use to take up space on your device and potentially eat into system resources. Go to Settings > Apps and swipe over to the All tab. Take a good long look down the list and identify the apps you don’t want or need. If you’re in doubt about what any of them do then it’s time to hit Google and check.

Now, tap on any app you don’t want and then choose Uninstall or, if the option is not there to uninstall, tap Disable. Disabled apps will be listed in a new tab, so you can always enable them again in future if you change your mind.
You should also take a look in Settings > Apps at the Running tab. Some apps want to be running all the time and they can seriously impact on performance. Think carefully about whether you need what’s listed there.
I personally don't keep apps I don't make use of especially, Facebook and Messenger jeez! Zuckerberg's Space mongers...
I prefer Facebook lite or messenger lite.. I think you have to.

4.CLEAR CACHED APP DATA
Cached data for apps should help them to load more quickly, but it can build up over time to take up quite a lot of space and there will potentially be cached data in there for apps that you no longer use. Sometimes clearing cached data for an app can also help clear up flaky behavior, Yes, especially on browsers.
If you want to pick individual apps then head into Settings > Apps and slide over the All tab and tap on the relevant app then choose Clear cache. If you’ve decided to just clear the whole lot then go to Settings > Storage and tap on Cached data and then tap OK.

5.CLEAN UP YOUR HOME SCREEN [little or no widgets]
If you choose to use live wallpaper then consider replacing it with a good static image. You should also clean away any unused icons and limit your widgets to the essentials. The less cluttered your home screen is, the better in terms of performance.

Also do good to make use of static black background image like me..

6.UPDATE! UPDATE!! UPDATE!!!
The latest software will often contain bug fixes and general improvements and it can help your Android device to run better. Software updates tend to come OTA (Over The Air) and you should be automatically prompted to install them, but it doesn’t hurt to check. Go to Settings > About device > Software update and check for updates.

But, update files can be so large..with little bug fixes.
The same logic applies to apps, so fire up the Play Store, open the menu at the top left and tap My Apps and make sure all of the apps you use are up to date..

7.FINALLY TRY A FACTORY RESET
This is a drastic step,, I recommend that you do a factory reset periodically if you want your device running in tip-top condition. It’s a shortcut to cleaning up your device and getting rid of any junk you’ve accumulated, but it means wiping all of the data and settings. If you decide to try it then make sure you back up everything that’s important to you first. You can find the option to do it in Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.

BONUS TIP:
Your device can be laggy because of too much processes running in background, even after attempting the above solutions.

You’ll need to enable Developer options in order to do this. Go to Settings > About phone and scroll down to the System section to look for Build number. Tap on it seven times and you should see a message about being a developer. You can now go back to the previous menu and you should see Developer options listed under System. Head in there and scroll down to find Background Process Limit, Click and select > At most 2 processes or At most 3 processes.

But, After a reboot it goes back to default,,,
do the same process all over and enjoy flawless multitasking.
Please comment other suggestions.
Thanks.

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2018/04/7-ways-to-make-your-cheap-smartphone.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Cyb3rhack3r: 6:57am On May 04, 2018
Amazing tips bro
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by nony43(m): 7:09am On May 04, 2018
G
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Damoxy(m): 7:10am On May 04, 2018
8 Using GLO sim cards slow down Performance of Phones.

Finally

9 Having BUHARI pictures on your Phone also slow down Performance

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Nobody: 7:15am On May 04, 2018
OK.
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Premiumwriter: 7:15am On May 04, 2018
Nice.

Or still get a phone with good RAM and better processor. That will make all the difference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Onyenna(m): 7:15am On May 04, 2018
Nice..
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by AnonymousIP: 7:17am On May 04, 2018
grin grin
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Xtia(m): 7:20am On May 04, 2018
That was a good one
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by WhiteApple: 7:21am On May 04, 2018
Buy a phone with a good ram and processor speed.
Install greenify and du speed apps.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by dannytskaa: 7:23am On May 04, 2018
Hahaha, guy, your number 9 has k leg oo

Damoxy:

Finally

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by oceandivee(m): 7:37am On May 04, 2018
nice one Op
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Shinerichie22: 7:46am On May 04, 2018
Very helpful thanks
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by penzino(m): 7:51am On May 04, 2018
Turn off auto sync and miss important mails abi? Thachu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by ybalogs(m): 7:58am On May 04, 2018
Thanks for the info
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by shegzan(m): 8:12am On May 04, 2018
Helpful... Thanks OP
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by kalu61(m): 8:13am On May 04, 2018
very useful
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Idlawz: 8:14am On May 04, 2018
Background process limit is blank on my phone. How can I set it pls
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Inspire01: 8:17am On May 04, 2018
Damoxy:

Finally

Guy u just finish glo

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Nobody: 8:27am On May 04, 2018
Idlawz:
Background process limit is blank on my phone. How can I set it pls
go and sell your phone

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by chiogoezubem(f): 8:37am On May 04, 2018
Interesting. Following. Noted.
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Abudu2000(m): 8:47am On May 04, 2018
penzino:
Turn off auto sync and miss important mails abi? Thachu
lol, it's obvious the op na still smallie wey never get responsibilities...I don't even off my data coz of incoming video calls.why did I get the phone if not for that??

2 Likes

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Almost1122: 9:40am On May 04, 2018
Damoxy:

Finally

10. Having it behind your mind that PDP will still come to power slow down the performance of your phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Jaytecq(m): 9:51am On May 04, 2018
insightful

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by enoch701(m): 10:53am On May 04, 2018
Wonderful tips Thanks op
Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by Collinz2(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2018
WhiteApple:
Greenify works like magic

2 Likes

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by 9tailskid: 11:23am On May 04, 2018
WhiteApple:

Greenify-YES
Du Speed App-Hell NO!!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by LustreChris(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2018
Thanks for this info. Really helpful.

But wait oooo, when you said we should tap for 7 times on build number I did, fine and adjusted the settings, I now went back and started tapping each of the options like the baseband version, kernel version and all, I got to Android version, believe you me, as I was just tapping it(just tap repeatedly), it brought me something like, I don't even know how to put it, something like a game..
Seems the phone has an inbuilt game or something. You can try it out guys.
I use Infinix Hot 4 lite tho.

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by NaijaTechGuy(m): 12:15pm On May 04, 2018
LustreChris:
Thanks for this info. Really helpful.

But wait oooo, when you said we should tap for 7 times on build number I did, fine and adjusted the settings, I now went back and started tapping each of the options like the baseband version, kernel version and all, I got to Android version, believe you me, as I was just tapping it(just tap repeatedly), it brought me something like, I don't even know how to put it, something like a game..
Seems the phone has an inbuilt game or something. You can try it out guys.
I use Infinix Hot 4 lite tho.
Seems you're just finding out .. cheesy cheesy..It's actually integrated on all android versions. The inbuilt game for each version is different

1 Like

Re: 7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone by LustreChris(m): 12:24pm On May 04, 2018
NaijaTechGuy:

Seems you're just finding out .. cheesy cheesy..It's actually integrated on all android versions. The inbuilt game for each version is different

I'm just finding out ni oooo.
Thanks anyways. cool
Shebi it doesn't have any adverse effect of the phone's performance or functionality?
Na there wahala go dey oooo grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is That One Feature You Wish Your Phone Have?? / Delete These 6 Apps To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With SARS / !!yes!!! How To Play Multiplayer On Ppsspp Using Pes 2016 **picz** **hot**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.