Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology (925 Views)

What To Expect From The Next Era Of Twitter By Charles Awuzie / Which Other Phone Is Better Than Gionee M5 Marathon In Battery Wise? / 4 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Built-in Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by VcStunner(m): 5:35pm On May 03, 2018
We have all definitely heard about the exploding phones and how dangerous they can be. well, and you were probably part of the group who escalated the call to force a deepened research into that recurring ugly incidence and other areas of concern and potential hazards such as storage of renewable energy, electric motorcycles and bicycles . Below, i give you the success story of your intense call for improvement of cell batteries.
COMPOSITION
The ultrafast rechargeable aluminium-ion battery is made of an aluminium anode and a graphite cathode. Researchers from ITRI and Stanford University used the layered structure of graphite to allow chloroaluminate anions to perform the intercalation and de-intercalation reactions.

CONCEPT
They opened the structure of graphite (i.e., graphitic foam) to speed up the charging/discharging reactions of the battery cell. As a result, the battery cell exhibits great durability as it can stand up to 10,000 charge-discharge cycles without capacity decay, and can be charged within one minute.

THE ADVANTAGE The graphitic materials used for the battery cell are as flexible and supple as paper, and very stable. The basic component of the liquid electrolyte is aluminium salt, so it is stable at room temperature. The battery can withstand drilling tests during the discharge process and still continue to supply electricity, attesting to its safety.

THE BREAKTHROUGHS
Three major breakthroughs were achieved in developing the ultrafast rechargeable aluminium-ion batteries:
1. discovery of the perfect combination of aluminium and graphite as the battery cell
2. the whole battery cell is as supple as paper, and can be mass produced for various demands and product attributes
3. the stability and durability which make the battery safe even if damaged by an external force.
This breakthrough battery technology will compete with the traditional lead acid battery when applied in large energy storage devices, lightweight electric scooters and motorized bicycles. In addition to small smart devices, aluminium-ion batteries could be used to store renewable energy in electricity grids, electric motorcycles and bicycles.

SOURCE: https://greentechnaija..com.ng/2018/05/we-have-all-definitely-heard-about.html

Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by gabe: 11:53pm On May 05, 2018
This is amazing
Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by mutvy: 8:39am On May 06, 2018
Whoa!!! Next generation of batteries in the horizon.What a breakthrough!
Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by Abdstrakt(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2018
We moving closer to 1mm thick smartphones grin
Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by Primusinterpares(m): 2:25pm On May 06, 2018
When I read stuffs like this, virtual reality will likely become a reality sooner than I expected...

nice one.

Teleportation might also be possible...

theses tech development around the world are awesome...
my only issue is what's my obodo 9ja's contribution?
Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by VcStunner(m): 5:37pm On May 08, 2018
Abdstrakt:
We moving closer to 1mm thick smartphones grin
your head dey there! soon we can fold phones and laptops like paper
Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by VcStunner(m): 5:39pm On May 08, 2018
Primusinterpares:
When I read stuffs like this, virtual reality will likely become a reality sooner than I expected...

nice one.

For now we dey clap for them my brother... if you no sing, na to join dance na.
But on a more serious note, some smart Naija guys are actually the ones pioneering some of these things in better equipped countries.
Re: Beginning Of A New Era In Battery Technology by guji12(m): 9:46pm On May 08, 2018
Primusinterpares:

nice one.

Buying nau.. abi wen a phone with dis ba3 storm naija.. Wetin u expect

(1) (Reply)

Are Infinix Batteries Replaced Or Sold At Carl Care?? / Gionee S10c / Top 5 Biggest Tech Companies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.