Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki At 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference Of NMA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki At 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference Of NMA (597 Views)

Saraki At Abuja Airport Dragging His Box Under The Rain / Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Bukola Saraki At Jonathan's Book Launch / President Buhari Opens 58th Annual NBA Conference (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki At 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference Of NMA by Newshelm: 10:46pm On May 03, 2018
Earlier today, the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, attended the 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference of the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA), in Abuja.

In his speech, the Senate President expressed his delight to be amongst the venerated body of Nigeria’s medical doctors and dentists and fellow members of the Hippocratic oath.

As extracted from his speech:

I feel very much at home as a member of this Association, in the footsteps of my late father – whose affiliation with the NMA constituency remains a source of pride and inspiration to me. Health has been a core legislative agenda of the 8th Senate under my leadership, and the nature and demands of my national duties make for a beneficial intersection in my abiding desire and commitment to participating in your activities.

As I intimated when the delegation led by the NMA President and the Executive called on me at my office yesterday, and as I reiterate now, Primary and Universal Health Care provision is a key legislative agenda for the 8th Senate under my leadership. It is a promise that we have made to Nigerians, and one that we are determined to keep. In July last year, I launched the Legislative Network for Universal Health Coverage; and urged the FG to honour the Abuja Declaration (2001), while calling for full implementation of the National Health Act 2014, which – as some of you will recall - I helped formulate during the 7th Senate.

Therefore, there is no better place than here today, to announce that the issue of funding will be attended to in our budgetary review of the 2018 Appropriations Bill. he Senate has, with the cooperation of the House of Representatives, resolved to mandate our Committees on Appropriations to ensure that the pledge to set aside 1 per cent of the Consolidated Revenue Fund for the Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) is met.

This would be the underpinning for a legislative framework for the BHCPF and revitalisation of primary health care delivery across the nation. It will happen, and it is imminent. We are working hard to achieve this.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-bukola-saraki-at-58th-annual-general-scientific-conference-of-nma/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Re: PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki At 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference Of NMA by directorXixXICK(m): 10:47pm On May 03, 2018
What's up with that man on Green and white? Na Hin patriotic pass..... Even VC and Sen Pres. Nor send...
Re: PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki At 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference Of NMA by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 03, 2018
directorXixXICK:
What's up with that man on Green and white? Na Hin patriotic pass..... Even VC and Sen Pres. Nor send...
lol
Re: PHOTOS: Bukola Saraki At 58th Annual General & Scientific Conference Of NMA by ItsTutsi(m): 11:59pm On May 03, 2018
delusional flat.heads won't like this,they thought Osinbanjo will snub Saraki like how Trumps snubbed biafra

(1) (Reply)

Is It The Responsibility Of Ambode To Build Or Reconstruct Motor Parks? / I Didn’t Beg To Be VP, I Can Leave At Short Notice – Osinbajo / FCMB Depositors Lose Over N600m To Fraudulent Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.