Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

7 Foods That Increase Your Sperm Count & Sperm Quality - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Foods That Increase Your Sperm Count & Sperm Quality (1332 Views)

How Wearing Boxers Could Improve A Man's Sperm Count And Improve Sperm Quality / Preserve Your Sperm & Eggs For Future - Gynecologist Advises Career Ladies, Men / How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Foods That Increase Your Sperm Count & Sperm Quality by chidife(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2018
Most of the infertility problems men experience are as a result of inadequate supply of sperm in the form of low sperm count or low quality of sperm. These sperm conditions have been linked with factors such as lack of necessary vitamins and zinc deficiency in the body. So, making some nutritional changes can help to bring your sperm count up and improve your sperm quality.

I've put together 7 foods you definitely need to add to your diet to improve your sperm and reduce your chances of being infertile to zero.

1. Egg:
Egg is one of the food that helps to improve sperm count as well as sperm motility. Eating eggs regularly protects sperm cells from free radicals that can decrease your count. Also the high content of vitamin E and protein in egg assist in the production of strong and healthy sperm which is necessary for fertility.

2. African Walnut:
Before you start wondering what walnut might be, let me just tell you that African walnut is that dark hard-shelled seed popularly known as "Asala" in Yoruba. Yeah, now you know!

Walnut is a great food. It has been discovered that this nut contains Omega-3 fatty acid that helps boost sperm volume and production by increasing blood flow to the testes. Walnut is also rich in arginine which contains twice as much antioxidants as other nuts, making it fight free radicals more effectively.

3. Garlic:
Known for its repugnant odor, most men often avoid garlic. But the smell of garlic shouldn't stop you from adding it to you diet list if you plan to have your own baby soon. Garlic has the good reputation for boosting immunity; beyond that, it helps in the production of healthy sperm it's rich in selerium that helps in sperm motility. Add garlic to your meal today and start boosting your sperm count. About 3.2 g (i.e. about 3 to 4 cloves of garlic) a day is a good amount to consume.

4. Spinach:
Spinach is an annual plant widely cultivated for its edible dark green leaves. The plant is eaten cooked as a vegetable or raw in salads. It's rich in folic acid which is vital to the development of healthy sperm. When your folic acid level is low, there's a greater chance of birth defects due to faulty sperm chromosomal abnormalities. This is why you should eat spinach.

5. Banana:
You probably know already that banana contains a bromelain enzyme that helps increase libido and sex drive in both men and women. What you might not know is that the fruit also contains vitamin A,B1 and C which help your body produce healthier sperm, as well as increase sperm count. indeed, banana is a must-eat-fruit for any man who wishes to enjoy his sex life.

6. Watermelon:
Watermelon is another good fruit as far as male fertility is concerned. It improves sperm motility. A photonutrient known as citrulline in the fruit helps in relaxation of the body's blood vessels and also improves male sexual performance.

7. Zinc-Rich Foods:
Foods rich in zinc such as oyster, red meat, beans pumpkin etc, helps in sperm production and development. Zinc deficiency in the body has been blamed for low sperm motility. Consuming enough of this mineral will definitely put you on your way to making healthy babies. However, it's important to note that excess zinc in your body is unhealthy. So it's imperative to regulate your intake of zinc to about 15 mg per day.

The foods in this article are by no means the only ones that can improve your sperm. But they can give you the nutrients and minerals you need.
And one last advice: Don't go on to take fruits and supplements when there's an obvious case of sexual infertility. If you've any sexual problem the best thing to do is to see a doctor.

written by Chidi C. Ifeachor

source: http://www.swavepost.com/2018/04/5-foods-that-increase-your-sperm-count.html

visit www.swavepost.com for more interesting articles.

Hope you enjoyed this post. You can make this knowledge go round. Share this blog page with your friends on social media.
Join Swavepost family let's enlighten the world.
Re: 7 Foods That Increase Your Sperm Count & Sperm Quality by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 04, 2018
I was enjoying your write-up till I saw 3.2kg of garlic. No, I take that to be a typographical error. To consume 3.2kg of garlic per day would be suicidal.

1 Like

Re: 7 Foods That Increase Your Sperm Count & Sperm Quality by chidife(m): 9:41pm On May 04, 2018
Ninejaywon:
I was enjoying your write-up till I saw 3.2kg of garlic. No, I take that to be a typographical error. To consume 3.2kg of garlic per day would be suicidal.

Thanks for the observation, Ninejaywon. I mean to write 3.2g which would be about 3 to 4 cloves of garlic.

(1) (Reply)

Breastfeeding Mothers, How Did You Increase Your Milk Supply? / Covid19; My Horrible Experience At A Bank Today / COVID-19: Doctors Mull Charging Patients For Ppes, Other Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.