Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria (5059 Views)

Supersport Pundit Sammy Kuffour Loses Bet And Gets Haircut Live On TV - (pic) / Unbelievable; Pundit Pays Out Winners Just After 11 Matches. / Segun Agbede (aka The Pundit) Signs As Analyst And Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by Iyineda(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2010
honeric01:

He meant to type "south" africa.

Yeah, I totally knew that. grin Just, just fooling around. Using mah emoticones. . . tongue
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2010
Iyineda:

Yeah, I totally knew that. grin Just, just fooling around. Using mah emoticones. . . tongue

cool
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by mbulela: 7:06am On May 25, 2010
Fox News is for crackheads.
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by Olaolufred(m): 8:22am On May 25, 2010
Fox is a bad Animal.
They are Spoilers.
Can't respect the condemning comment from the foxes in human clothing.

That is basically the opinion based on their foxic make-up.

Mind you, Fox may condemn you. But you aint truly condemned until you condemn yourself.
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by muggle(m): 11:58am On May 25, 2010
@ honeric01,

Has the blogger responded to your mail?

I think it's high time we let these people know how to paint and describe our country.
I think more people should respond to his blog pointing out his errors to show him
that he is not a professional journalist.

If you must do a report, it's better you do it wella! undecided
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by Areaboy2(m): 12:01pm On May 25, 2010
I take it that most of you jumping on the reporters throat and calling for his head are not presently in Nigeria. I always had that impression when someone commented about Nigeria like that. I was away for over six years and frankly had lost touch with the motherland. but all that changed after i came back and spent a month here.

I mean seriously, besides the fact that his comment about war being common place in Nigeria is a little off cue, what else has this man said that isnt true

the sooner u guys start to realize that this country of ours is a shitty one, the better for all of us.

if they dont continue dissing us like this under ever umbrella (sports, politics, business, etc) we wont open our eyes to the rot eating away at our motherland that is corruption.  undecided

the sad story in all this for us to take home is that the Reporter couldnt find anything good about Nigeria to write about,

ask yourself this question b4 you jump in and ask for my head as well,

what good thing can you say about Nigeria? (Nigeria as a country and nothing relating to an Individual. thx) undecided
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by muggle(m): 4:27pm On May 25, 2010
^^^^Nobody is saying Nigeria aint a "shitty" place to be, but if u must go on international media then it is better to get your facts right.
That is what is pissing evrybody off. We all agree that the leaders of this country have given this country a bad name through the mismanagement of its resources but that does not mean we go to "war" every blessed day or one of our coaches has absconded from his duty post or Obafemi Martins plays for Malaga.

If someone is a thief, say that he is a thief and not add adultery, drug trafficking e.t.c. to his crimes!
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 10:25pm On May 25, 2010
muggle:

@ honeric01,

Has the blogger responded to your mail?

I think it's high time we let these people know how to paint and describe our country.
I think more people should respond to his blog pointing out his errors to show him
that he is not a professional journalist.

If you must do a report, it's better you do it wella! undecided

the mumu no gree respond oo, coward. grin

muggle:

^^^^Nobody is saying Nigeria aint a "shitty" place to be, but if u must go on international media then it is better to get your facts right.
That is what is pissing evrybody off. We all agree that the leaders of this country have given this country a bad name through the mismanagement of its resources but that does not mean we go to "war" every blessed day or one of our coaches has absconded from his duty post or Obafemi Martins plays for Malaga.

If someone is a thief, say that he is a thief and not add adultery, drug trafficking e.t.c. to his crimes!

thanks
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by jokingmary(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2010
so even Americans know how to write off topic

From Sports - corruption
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 11:12am On May 26, 2010
^^
Seriously off topic, and total nonsense.
After all, Mexico(battered by drug crimes) and Algeria (Islamic extremists, headquarters of AQIM) are playing in the same World Cup.
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by Iyineda(m): 11:41am On May 26, 2010
^ Please, leave those 2 countries out of this. I don't want their representatives to think we are bad-mouthing them on this forum.
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by archbishop(m): 8:18am On May 27, 2010
Helllooooooooooooooo,
He said the Truth and the Truth can't be changed.
Nigerians like changing the Truth but ie can't changed.
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by honeric01(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2010
archbishop:

Helllooooooooooooooo,
He said the Truth and the Truth can't be changed.
Nigerians like changing the Truth but ie can't changed.

And these truth we don't already know are , ?
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by freshera: 11:24am On May 27, 2010
I think we Nigerians are our own problem not the government afterall people not demons form the government. I heard from a NEPA official that generator merchants (and diesel sellers, etc) actually bribe NEPA to take light. Imagine!!! Same for the water corporation.

[size=13pt]I also heard from a political appointee that student nurses (in a particular state) who do not even know the meaning of photosynthesis and cannot differentiate kidney from liver are passed and promoted at the Governor's or any high profile person's command. Same for doctors.[/size]

Nigerians are too desperate for money due to too much sufferhead that is our major problem. If we can just learn that the value we have as poor humans is the same we have as rich humans and hold our heads up high even if poor, then the better.
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by candylips(m): 11:32am On May 27, 2010
the idiot has posted another story on Ghana. looks like the guy is racist
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by FLOW101: 9:39pm On May 27, 2010
I have since sent the idiot a message but he has not replied. Here's the message;

I have seen your article about the Nigerian football team. Reading it, I had a feeling that it was coming from someone who was really bitter about the country and who had done most of his research using the 'uncyclopedia'.
Like most American media people, you tried your best to sound like you know the nitty gritty of the country when in fact you know close to nothing. Hear yourself: ', Christians to the North and Muslims to the South, ' Do American journalists read these days?
You claim there are recurring 'wars' in Nigeria. As a journalist, you should fully understand what a war is. I think the activity that America is currently carrying out in Afghanistan and Iraq, and those it previously carried out in Kosovo and Vietnam are more wars than the ethnic clashes we experience from time to time in Nigeria.
On corruption, we feel sad about it and hope we will succeed in reducing it like America has done. Slowly but surely, we are progressing. Hopefully someday, we will look back at our past like most Americans look at the watergate scandal, the Monica Lewinsky episode, the Enron debacle and the Mardoff/Wall street 'magic'.
It will really harm your career if you do not separate sports from politics. We will not like to see the notorious Faux News popularity sink even lower. Take a clue from Aljazeera journalists. They seem to be setting the standard theses days.
Kind regards,
(My Name) (A passionate sport fan who doesn't like politics).
Re: Football Pundit Paints Horrible Portrait Of Nigeria by Iyineda(m): 10:14pm On May 27, 2010
Great message, FLOW101. smiley

You said things intelligently and politely. I hope more posters will deal with the matter the way you did.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

21yr Old Nigerian Footballer Slumps And Dies While Playing / Watchout For The Best Female Punter / Coronavirus: Ligue 1, French football Suspended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.