Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,761 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe (475 Views)

The Giving That Pleases God / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by Fammoboy10(m): 3:36am On May 05, 2018
MY CONSENSUS ABOUT THE ISSUE OF TITHE AND OFFERING[center][/center]

[img][/img][img][/img]

The church has for some times now been under series of attacks and serious disagreement as touching the issue of Tithe.

Tithing has become one of the most controversial issues being discussed and debated in the Christian World today.

Regardless of any theologians interpretations or doctrinal views that says tithing is no longer applicable to today’s New testament Christians, the fact still lies that tithing has come to stay whether we like it or not.

The aim of this write-up is not to argue, defend or oppose whether tithe is necessary or not, but it is meant to correct the mindset or some mentalities that some tithers has towards payment of tithe.

I am a tither and I give offering as and when due, and I’m not saying you should change your mind towards paying or not. Rather, when next you will take your tithe or offering to the house of God always bear these things in your mind:

1. You cannot buy God’s blessings with your money.[/b]

Some people are programmed with the mentality that if they don’t pay their tithe or offering they can never be blessed.

(Acts 8:17-20): Here, Simon the Magician offered to buy the gift of the Holy Spirit, But Peter responded by saying, “Thy money perish with thee”. You know some people will be like “It’s now time for tithe and offering, let us raise it up and say whatever we want into the offering.” Where did that comes from?, or perhaps I should say when did God became a beggar?.

Some Pastors will tell you the more your offering and tithe, the more your blessings will be. Listen and listen good, that’s a lie, God blessing you is not a function of how great or plenteous your money is. The best we can do is to develop the heart of giving without expectation.

See this:

2. [b]The Widows Mite:
(Luke 21:1-4) She dropped the least offering yet, she went home with bigger blessing. Why? This is because God is not looking at the money she has to offer, but her heart of giving.

QUOTE: Christian giving is not as important as the heart of Giving.

NOTE: I am not saying you should be paying the widows mite, Nooo sir/ma, what I am saying is that if you develop the heart of giving, you can even be compelled to give more than expected, as in, you can give more than the proportion of God’s blessing on your life. (Deuteronomy 16:17). God loves a cheerful giver: A cheerful giver is someone who gives without expectation.

3. Be Sincere with Yourself: it is best you keep your money than paying an incomplete tithe (less than 10%). This alone can bring about a curse. Be faithful and be consistent. Remember Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:1-10. They both die because they lie about what they have given.

4. Lastly, remove the mindset that pastors are the ones eating your tithe and offering: The money you give is no longer yours but God’s. Since it is to God you declared that you’re giving it, then be less concerned about how the money is being spent. I want you to know that if them pastors mismanaged or spent the tithe not according to God’s will, they are eating their doom. That’s just the truth.

And also bear this in mind; If indeed you want to pay our tithe, take it to God’s house, it belongs to God and not to a beggar, Malachi 3:10a “Bring yee all the tithe into the store house…”, if you really want to help a beggar or helpless, you can do that by even spending more than you tithe. That’s just the truth. Your tithe is not an arm.

Conclusively: You will notice that I have not stated that God’s going to bless you for paying your tithe and offering; of course God’s going to do that (Hebrews 6:10).

Tithe is an appreciation of God’s blessings; Abraham gives his tenth to Mechizedeck from the spoils he had won in battle. Of course if there is no increase or blessing you will not tithe.

However;

- Give your tithe and offering to show appreciation and gratitude to God for His Blessings.

- Develop a heart of giving without expectation

- Let this be in you that you are giving for the kingdom’s expansion

- Give with cheerfulness

- Hold no grudges with anyone

- Tithe because God has blessed you and not to amass blessing

- Be sincere and steadfast

- Aim not at doing business with God.

QUOTE: If giving for God’s Work is an Investment, the only dividend (Blessing) I want is the conversion of souls. ~ KDMFacts ~

source: https://kingdomfacts..com.ng/2018/05/things-you-need-to-know-before-paying.html

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by Topmaike007(m): 3:52am On May 05, 2018
Matthew 23:23 New Living Translation (NLT)
23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,[a] but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

op even christ said yes we should tithe,so i dont think your few point can convince me that tithing is wrong
Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by ponziponzi(m): 4:05am On May 05, 2018
Topmaike007:
23 “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens,[a] but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

op even christ said yes we should tithe,so i dont think your few point can convince me that tithing is wrong

Yea, if you have a garden, you can give your tithe from it.
BTW, there are laid down rules on how to give tithe, if you want to give your tithe you will have to follow the rule strictly. Even the people practicing Judaism, from where the Christians borrow tithing, don’t give tithes anymore cause it’s not possible to give it as the rule says.

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by Adaowerri111: 4:49am On May 05, 2018
A very good piece OP

1 Like

Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by Jaynom(m): 6:19am On May 05, 2018
Topmaike007:

Tithing is for Jews! Are you a Jew?
Are you living under the LAW or GRACE? Matt 23:23 " but you ignore the more important aspects of the LAW " Tithing is LAW! Shikenan!
As A CHRISTIAN you are to GIVE WILLINGLY, Tithing is COMPULSORY. It's a Debt you MUST Pay!

2 Likes

Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by chiommy123(f): 6:54am On May 05, 2018
1. tithe is different from offering. 2. the people the law of tithing was given to couldn't keep it because it was a burden. the 10% is not just your salary but includes gifts and other things. and that's the reason why Christ came to deliver us from every bondage.
Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by Fammoboy10(m): 8:32am On May 05, 2018
Topmaike007:

I wish that you read the article again, because there's no where i said you shouldn't tithe, even i myself is a tither. I wrote the article to correct the wrong notions that people has towards offering and tithing. E.g., the more your tithe or offering the more your blessings...
Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by adelee777: 9:34am On May 05, 2018
Topmaike007:

Pls where did Christ say we should tithe where you quoted? And I saw how you sneaked the word 'income' into that passage. Christ was talking to the pharisees and not to christians. And he was talking on tithing on crops, not money. Case in point, give a single passage in the bible where Christ asks his disciples about tithes.
Re: Things You Need To Know Before Giving That Tithe by Fammoboy10(m): 11:56am On May 05, 2018
The truth still lies that tithing has come to stay for a time being, and for the period of time that enlightenment will till in overshadowing the church, i guess we need to correct the mindset of tithers for the time being. Some of the very wrong perceptions about tithe are what wrote in the link here: https://www.kingdomfacts..com/2018/05/things-you-need-to-know-before-paying.html

(1) (Reply)

Pray Your Holy Rosary Of Our Mother Mary / Nobody Was Born A Christian / Crocodile Kills Pastor As He Baptises Followers On Lake In Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.