Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide (1498 Views)

We Are Considering Reopening Schools After Interstate Travel Ban- Emeka Nwajiuba / Should I Apply For Medicine Considering My Age? / ASUU: Massive Number Of Students May Be Disenfranchised, We Are Considering This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 3:44pm On May 05, 2018
I had an issue in year 3 which I had to suspend. It was heartbreaking as I tried all.means to get it worked but it wasn't approved. So the following semester I wasn't serious with studies and as a result I had issues with many courses.

Am in final year now and jus checking the courses I have. The year 3 courses are alot.
Am jus so frustrated and really depressed. It's not jus having an extra year. Potential of it extending if I dare fail any course from now.
Am really tired of this life and I jus want to quit and run away. If it was jus possible to wish to die and it happens. I really wish it would just happen now.

What should I do cos right now. I don't know the next actions I can take.
It's my mum that sponsors my education and if she knows about this. Am as well as dead too.

Pls someone tell me what to do

Pls mods, everyone I seriously need answers.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by amnwa(m): 3:47pm On May 05, 2018
Take it easy Mr. You don't have to give up
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by glizzynenye: 3:54pm On May 05, 2018
Take responsibility for your past mistakes and move on...suicide was/can never be a solution for whatever reason. Find a responsible elder to help you talk to your mum with a promise to make it up and be very serious henceforth.
besides, that you failed today doesn't make you a failure; pick up the pieces and forge ahead....trust me, there is still light in the end.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 3:57pm On May 05, 2018
I forgot to add.
This wasn't what I ever wanted to read.
Am more of the chemistry, pharmacy type or computers as I always had As in my computer courses.
I can't jus go on .. I really can't
glizzynenye:
Take responsibility for your past mistakes and move on...suicide was/can never be a solution for whatever reason. Find a responsible elder to help you talk to your mum with a promise to make it up and be very serious henceforth.
besides, that you failed today doesn't make you a failure; pick up the pieces and forge ahead....trust me, there is still light in the end.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by SUPERPACK: 4:18pm On May 05, 2018
whats your CGPA? let me where to start from.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by sirkregg: 4:22pm On May 05, 2018
Considering suicide is normal, you human after all, we think so many irrational things but only cowards execute suicide. There's nothing new happening to you which hasn't happened to someone else and if they can get past it and move on, so also can you. Get your shit" together.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 4:22pm On May 05, 2018
SUPERPACK:
whats your CGPA? let me where to start from.

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:
I had an issue in year 3 which I had to suspend. It was heartbreaking as I tried all.means to get it worked but it wasn't approved. So the following semester I wasn't serious with studies and as a result I had issues with many courses.

Am in final year now and jus checking the courses I have. The year 3 courses are alot.
Am jus so frustrated and really depressed. It's not jus having an extra year. Potential of it extending if I dare fail any course from now.
Am really tired of this life and I jus want to quit and run away. If it was jus possible to wish to die and it happens. I really wish it would just happen now.

It's my mum that sponsors my education and if she knows about this. Am as well as dead too.

Lazy Nigerian Youth. A fuckin' coward who wants to run away from his responsibilities.

OP, you nor sabi book - simple. You just wan use this one as cover.

If you're truly serious about suicide, you won't have time 2 come here & make a post about it when numerous poisons & weapons are lying unused around you.

I never thought I'd meet someone that was too stupid to die.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 4:38pm On May 05, 2018
ShyCypher:

Lazy Nigerian Youth. A fuckin' coward who wants to run away from his responsibilities.

If you're truly serious about suicide, you won't have time 2 come here & make a post about it when numerous poisons & weapons are lying unused around you.

I never thought I'd meet someone that was too stupid to die.

First am not dull. I was topping my classes in primary and secondary and I represented my school several times in national competitons.

I was so much worried about getting into school that I had to rush the course I got..
Everyone has something they are not good at.
Even till now. People who know still feel am some kinda 1st class student.

Bring computer. I can learn it well and do many things.
It is really the worst decision of my life to do this course. Cos no matter how hard I try. It's just not my thing

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 4:39pm On May 05, 2018
The pressure from family and everyone around me is so much and they are expecting so so high from me. What do I tell them? How do I start to explain my whole life in school. It wasn't like I joined some bad guys or something.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

First am not dull. I was topping my classes in primary and secondary and I represented my school several times in national competitons.

I was so much worried about getting into school that I had to rush the course I got..

It is really the worst decision of my life to do this course. Cos no matter how hard I try. It's just not my thing

Save your explanation for Satan biko.

Hurry up & die.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:
The pressure from family and everyone around me is so much and they are expecting so so high from me. What do I tell them? How do I start to explain my whole life in school. It wasn't like I joined some bad guys or something.
brush up bro as it has happen to many successful man u see out there. failure is not the end.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Zdoh(m): 5:07pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:
Some people looking for someone to finance them but couldn't find. You got opportunity but can't utilised it,. It's a pity how this life is..Man up my brother suicide is never an option,you call people you know your mum respect in the family and explain to them open up and tell them about the course you really love to study. African parents make lots of mistakes when its come to chosen they always like to choose for their children from cloths ,shoes,course to study to even wife or husband.They say an adage but always forget it when it comes to chosen that " you can only force horse to the river but you can't force it to drink water" what is not way can never be your way...simple.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 05, 2018
ShyCypher:

[s] Save your explanation for Satan biko.

Hurry up & die.
ShyCypher:

I never thought I'd meet someone that was too stupid to die. [/s]
You need not comment if you've got no positive counsel to give. It's better to be quiet and presumed intelligent than to speak with foolery. Op is already depressed and probably needs solution or some sort of inspiration to carry on, not someone who would tell him to commit suicide. You don't know how much of a harm your comment could cause to his present state of mind.

7 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Julivas(m): 5:15pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

Hmmm, take it easy bro. The deed has been done. The solution to the issue at hand is not to commit suicide, doing that will make you a total failure here on earth and the world beyond.
Bro, relax, take stock of what you did that brought you to that present situation.
Made up your mind to turn a new leaf, and make a positive difference , yes you can do it, you can graduate and get good job after graduation. You will make your mum proud .
Please don't ever think of suicide anymore.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Alexk2(m): 5:21pm On May 05, 2018
You contemplate suicide because you don’t realize how much enjoyment you could get out of life if you challenged such feelings.... if you are desperate enough for suicide, you should be able to use other extreme methods to overcome problems and cope with life. If there were things that you always wanted to try, you might as well do those things before you end your life. Since there are so many fun things to do, you should build up the courage to do them while living rather than permanently ending your life. Channel your energy and emotion into changing your present predicament...you're not a failure yet until you give up on yourself.
Truth is suicide is just a pseudo solution to a temporary problem but them; it's never a solution in reality because you'll pay dearly for it in the hereafter.
Btw, think about your mum and those who cares...they'll die a thousand times over trying to understand your action if you take your own life.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Nothing do you guy.
Comman hear people story....
This your own small...
My own story self strong small. But na another dimension after I thought I had finished na so my department con start their own but I thank God today.

You wan con kill yourself.
cheesy

☣ ☠

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Chubhie: 6:21pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

I love your spirit. I don't need a soothsayer to tell me you will be successful in this life. However, your parents deserves to know the true state of things.

You would break their hearts and complicate an already complex issue further if they get to find things out themselves.

Humble yourself,take the hits,shame and eat some bitter pie.

These are the stories shaping you into something better which you can be excused as being distracted to see.

We all have stories to tell.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Thermodynamics(m): 6:32pm On May 05, 2018
OP are you a student of ESUT? I asked because a lot of students in ESUT do have such problem.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by DrObum(m): 6:35pm On May 05, 2018
Dear OP, thank you for having the courage to voice out how you really feel.
You may need to consider getting professional help.
Talk to a psychiatrist or a psychologist, whoever that is more accessible to you. It'll go a long way to help.
Don't take it lightly, depression is serious but beatable.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Uzzyan: 6:38pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:
I forgot to add.
This wasn't what I ever wanted to read.
Am more of the chemistry, pharmacy type or computers as I always had As in my computer courses.
I can't jus go on .. I really can't

Hey relax. If every one including Oprah who faced challenges in life quit, the world would be a terrible place by now.

He world is amazing today because people who failed at a couple of things (including academics) in life picked themselves up not regarding what anyone would say about them.

The devil says commit suicide now because he wants to cut short your life so you wouldn't see your greatness.

Be strong, if you think your mum will kill you, tell her today and see her show you how much she loves you. Never say die. Keep pushing and remember this day that you read this comment and it is the reason you live and still smile.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Thermodynamics(m): 6:47pm On May 05, 2018
well Suicide is not the way, deep down you know it.
going to school in Nigeria is a waste of time, there are millions of Nigerian youths who are not graduate and are doing well, there are also millions of Nigerian graduate who are seriously suffering.

The only thing I pray about is long life bra, life is sweet, imagine missing out on the chance of having sex, swimming, chatting, laughing, watching your children grow, listening to good music, eating, traveling to a new country, men the list is endless.

If that is not enough, you need to stay alive and watch if you would be successful or not, if you die now, you will never know how successful you might have been in the future.

Just do WHAT YOU CAN about the problem you're facing, but don't ever worry yourself about anything. Years later being a graduate might not even matter to you. Live your bro, you've got only one.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by mozele(m): 8:33pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

since you know your weaknesses and strength, why not do a change of course. Or dont your school give their students the opportunity to do so?

Guy to think of sucide is useless. I even though your case is worse than mine. Abeg your own problem get thousand and one remedy. You just have to let go of those useless assumption and self guilt.

Sit tight and do those magics you used to do to be at the top of the class and watch results coming in.

Shebi na just one year? You are a fighter and i know you can overcome this shit big time. Let your mama know you've some mistakes you are now regretting but will surely make it up to her.

See you at the top blooda!
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by 0neal(m): 9:42pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

Dear Beln

I can only imagine what you are going through, thank God for the numerous Kind comments above.

Life ain't easy quite alright, but choose to stay optimistic in every challenge.

There are millions of people who would love to trade places with you, people who are in worse predicaments...

Please surround yourself with positive minded people in your fellowship or any other sphere of contact, avoid keeping to yourself.

Man up Bro, the more boisterous the wind, the higher the eagle soar.

All is well...
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 10:12pm On May 05, 2018
Thanks everyone. I really can't say how so blessed I am to have this kind of encouragements.
I have decided to be more open and try the things I love doing. I will start by enrolling in online programming courses .
I have also drafted my time table so will try my best to see it out..

God bless you all so much.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by JSMMUYIWA(m): 11:08pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:

The fact that you didn't tell your parents about your not coping well isn't good enough.
No matter what, you should have open to them, it would have reduced the pressure rather,they will be your motivator, occasionally checking on you, to hear you improve.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Ocheinstein(m): 11:14pm On May 05, 2018
Dear. It's unfortunate that you found yourself in this messed up state. First if all, killing yourself isn't a solution at all. Secondly, fear is what kills us before we actually die. What you need is to accept the past, make peace with it and take charge of your present so as to grab the future no matter how it comes. You are writing your story currently,the pen is in your hand. What you chose to do after now is on you. But believe me, there is nothing you can't achieve. Read this again N O T H I N G!!! Especially when you decide that failure isn't a barrier but failing to try. God will help u. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by JSMMUYIWA(m): 11:34pm On May 05, 2018
Beln:
Thanks everyone. I really can't say how so blessed I am to have this kind of encouragements.
I have decided to be more open and try the things I love doing. I will start by enrolling in online programming courses .
I have also drafted my time table so will try my best to see it out..

God bless you all so much.
Truth is no much encouragement there is that you don't know of.
But Brother, if you aren't ready to deal with the fear, and face the challenge full force, letting go of the past and putting all your thoughts without any emotional attachment to the present, not comparing yourself and complaining of the past, but ready to be clearheaded and lightheaded and consistent with the moment,you might continue to repeat the circa in the short run.
Forget the emotions.Trust yourself, be consistent.Stay focused and motivated. Deal with the present like you never had a past.
And talk with your parents, more.I don't mean telling them your past,you can only do that subsequently, if you will change the now.
The worst thing emotions of past can do to the mind is frustration and self-doubt.
Let go of the past and dwell on the present, with motivation, excitement and consistent with your self best now.
Lastly, I will tell you to hold this in memory and always say it:
"Past is Past, Future is not Yet"
Meaning what?
The present is the real deal.
Consistency and Perseverance with your self best, don't relent a bit.
I wish you the best Brother.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Beln: 6:17am On May 06, 2018
Yea I wish I can talk with my parents but is just kinda impossible.
First my dad is not really available.
And my mum tho we talk but is never personal stuffs. Like we ain't close. She could ask of school but you know I can't really open up to her and my worst fears always is , even the little things I try to tell her. She gets my brothers involved. So it is just killing to want to talk to someone and you can't.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Ocheinstein(m): 6:28am On May 06, 2018
Do you know an elderly person she respects a lot? That's your kernel. Approach the person and explain all your ordeals. It's not a list situation yet
Beln:
Yea I wish I can talk with my parents but is just kinda impossible.
First my dad is not really available.
And my mum tho we talk but is never personal stuffs. Like we ain't close. She could ask of school but you know I can't really open up to her and my worst fears always is , even the little things I try to tell her. She gets my brothers involved. So it is just killing to want to talk to someone and you can't.
Re: Pls Help. Really Considering Sucide by Nobody: 8:30am On May 06, 2018
Mr Beln...killing yourself will do u no good....your friends and family will only cry for u for a month and after that you are gone. your results doesn't define who u are. you can be richer than those with 1st class and 2:1......In this world, everything is possible..... and as u are alive...it means you are still opportuned to witness these sweet possibilities that life can bring....it may be this year, next yr, in 5 yrs time or even 10 years time.....there is poverty in the land but that doesn't mean that people will remain poor forever....that's why some people keeps pushing cus they believe all will be fine.....i am very sure u ate food yesterday but there are many healthy people who couldn't eat yesterday and are currently looking for how to eat today...this doesn't make us better than them CU's no one knows tomorrow..... they might turn out employing many people later in the future. stay strong and finish with whatever result they give u......you will be surprise how the future will turn around later....those you see graduating with good result might still be at home looking for a job or what to eat, while u are working and helping people.... JUST STAY POSITIVE AND BELIEVE IN YOUR POSITIVE FUTURE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Money Should Parents Give University Students? / Which University Is The Most Populated In Nigeria / The Mathematicians In The House, Please Help To Solve This Question.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.