Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) (979 Views)

Gordan Grlic Radman Attempted To Kiss Annalena Baerbock / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) / President Macron Attempted To Return The Slap Before His Security Intervened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by hillsiderfak(m): 10:11pm On May 05, 2018
Human Rights Watch (HRW) has urged authorities in the United Arab Emirates to reveal the whereabouts of Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the daughter of Dubai's ruler.

After saying her family were imprisoning and abusing her, Sheikha Latifa attempted to flee with the help of French former spy Hervé Jaubert and long-time friend Tiina Johanna Jauhiainen, who is originally from Finland.

The two women snuck into neighbouring Oman before boarding a small boat to meet Mr Jaubert aboard his boat.

The Nostromo set sail for the Indian coast but was intercepted by three Indian and two Emirati warships on 4 March - with Mr Jaubert claiming he and his crew were beaten by commandos.

Ms Jauhiainen said she and Sheikha Latifa were below deck when they heard shouting and gunfire.

They locked themselves in a bathroom but the cabin filled with gas. When they went on deck, she says Mr Jaubert's face was "bloody" and "unrecognisable".

Indian officials said they had no information about the incident, although media reports suggest the raid was authorised by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Dubai's government and Emirati officials did not respond to requests for comment.Ms Jauhiainen, speaking at a news conference in London last month, said Sheikha Latifa kept repeating during the raid: "I am seeking political asylum."

She told reporters: "At that time I was told to keep my eyes shut, with a threat to be shot if I didn't comply.

"Then I heard someone speaking Arabic and Latifa said: 'Shoot me here, just don't take me back to the UAE.'

"She was taken away kicking and screaming."

In a statement on Saturday, HRW said Dubai authorities must reveal her whereabouts, adding: "Failure to disclose the whereabouts and status of the princess could qualify as an enforced disappearance, given the evidence suggesting that she was last seen as UAE authorities were detaining her."
Source.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/the-mystery-of-the-missing-dubai-princess-11359282

Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 05, 2018
T
Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by hillsiderfak(m): 10:17pm On May 05, 2018
Behind the walls of the rich , so many things happen, sometimes their smiles are all fake.

3 Likes

Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by ezefrank87(m): 10:19pm On May 05, 2018
Nawa
Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by decatalyst(m): 10:21pm On May 05, 2018
hillsiderfak:
Behind the walls of the rich , so many things happen, sometimes their smiles are all fake.

And they are more inhumane and cruel.

Not all that glitters are gold after all. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by hillsiderfak(m): 10:25pm On May 05, 2018
decatalyst:

And they are more inhumane and cruel.

Not all that glitters are gold after all. undecided

Yes , i agree with you, i pity the lady sha. She will never be allowed to leave that country, its the same with some Saudi Princesses also, they all want to run away.

1 Like

Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by hillsiderfak(m): 10:30pm On May 05, 2018
Lala Wetin i do u na.
Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by Omololu2121: 12:07pm On May 06, 2018
hillsiderfak:

Yes , i agree with you, i pity the lady sha. She will never be allowed to leave that country, its the same with some Saudi Princesses also, they all want to run away.

I do wonder why their princess don't have freedom in the middle east
Re: Uae Princess Who Attempted To Escape Recaputured. (pictures) by obonujoker(m): 5:39pm On May 07, 2018
Islam....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Iran Accuses Israel Of Stealing Her Weather / Taiwan Becomes The First Asian Country To Approve Same-sex Marriage (photos) / These Are Reasons They Tried To Pull Down President Trump( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.