Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,656 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves (49763 Views)

Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage / "Nigerian Man Gets Deported From Pakistan Without Reasons" (Photos) / Lady Gets Deported For Traveling With The New Nigerian Passport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by onatisi(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2018
gypsey:
you would also find that it would be easy to forget what one said at the Embassy out of excitment and Anxiety especially when traveling weeks or more after Obtaining the visa.
exactly and this is also a technique use by police officers when interrogating someone ,they will first ask the person to make a statement,after 2hours they will question the person ,records his answers then leave . When they come back after 3- 4 hours ,no matter how smart the person is if they ask him or her what happened or to narrate what he wrote down in the statement,there will be some differences . But if the person is saying the truth it will be the same

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 06, 2018
onatisi:
exactly and this is also a technique use by police officers when interrogating someone ,they will first ask the person to make a statement,after 2hours they will question the person ,records his answers then leave . When they come back after 3- 4 hours ,no matter how smart the person is if they ask him or her what happened or to narrate what he wrote down in the statement,there will be some differences . But if the person is saying the truth it will be the same
i believe so, hence, perharps also why they repeat lines like "you have the right to remain silence anything you say will be used against you in court...bla bla bla.. i have had these lines read to me numerous times grin cool mostly on public disorder and GBHs so they claimed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 06, 2018
kunle75:

I disagree with your last assertion
The CBP officers decide whether you can be recieved into US or not base on their own prerogative, it could range between your earlier point to something as simple as too much or too little luggage. I live in the state and talking from personal experience. Fact

There are millions of weaves in in malls and stores all over US so the excuse sometimes might sounds lame to the CBP officer on duty at that moment.

Make village remote no catch us period.
True, the decision to let a anyone into the US lies entirely on the officer who is on duty at the time. regardless of weaves or not.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by NERDYDREAMS(m): 1:34pm On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:
she should have been smart about it, like telling them its for personal use since she's new and would want to save money on weaves.
youve got my ASSURANCE baby grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by justwise(m): 2:25pm On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:
she should have been smart about it, like telling them its for personal use since she's new and would want to save money on weaves.

2 boxes of weaves for personal use? Is she going for weave fashion parade in Brazil?
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by lonelydora: 2:31pm On May 06, 2018
Sexytemi:

Exactly...but i won't blame her much she hasn't travelled before
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Babaolorioko(m): 2:33pm On May 06, 2018
Her village witches collaborated with US immigration shocked
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 06, 2018
obailala:
How exactly could she have known that?...

Although this isnt the first time I've heard of a story like this, I think its is a very flimsy reason to deport or ban a person; those immigration guys are just heartless idiots.

They are not heartless dear, rather they are a country that have laws and keep them. They are an organised society

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by lakeside3020(m): 3:23pm On May 06, 2018
Student visa with two boxes of waves,also lied that the waves is for her friend when u already filled in your form no friend,what happen to cargo when u get there and someone cargo it to your address over there?do u think this quz are morron like Nigeria immigration people that only.know how.to beg for.money at both departure and arrival?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by seguno2: 3:44pm On May 06, 2018
faithugo64:
angry

Because of weaves?

But you fit enter naija with bomb and AK-47 sef embarassed

Like the Fulani herdsmen from Gaddafi’s Libya, according to Buhari?
The Gaddafi who died seven years ago
What/Who has Buhari and APC not blamed yet?
Buhari is a monumental error of gargantuan proportions that must be corrected in 2019!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by seguno2: 3:47pm On May 06, 2018
makavel7:
They are not heartless dear, rather they are a country that have laws and keep them. They are an organised society

Thanks for this.
Running away from a lawless shittyhole nation to a law & order society and still carrying your lawless attitude
They should ban her silly ass forever to serve as a lesson for others.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Yankee101: 4:01pm On May 06, 2018
You never enter finish you wan contradict the purpose of entry written on your visa application.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by benebaby77: 5:16pm On May 06, 2018
onatisi:
most especially when it comes to issues like this, i have heard about someone who said he didnt know anyone in usaa , they took his phone ,scroolled through his contacts and found usa numbers, he had to call them from nigeria after some hours

I don't know what it will take them to tell the true.... All the put efforts, time and resources he put into that just vanished within a moment now....

Many encounters of such have made all the incoming Nigerians subject to rigorous scrutiny....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by onatisi(m): 5:23pm On May 06, 2018
benebaby77:

I don't know what it will take them to tell the true.... All the put efforts, time and resources he put into that just vanished within a moment now....

Many encounters of such have made all the incoming Nigerians subject to rigorous scrutiny....

firstly , majority of Nigerians see positive attributes like hard work, honesty, humility,respect as signs of weakness and foolishness . and they believe that they are smarter than everyone else in this world, this makes many Nigerians tell silly lies because they already believe that you are not as intelligent as them,
secondly , why should someone carry 2 full luggage of weave on without thinking that it will raise any suspicion ?they must have planned the lies in Nigeria thinking the American officials will just buy into it like that .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by badesco(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2018
She deserves what she got, because she is the architect of our downfall. A very costly mistake indeed..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by mike1994reds: 8:51pm On May 06, 2018
jjbest123:
Some how.... The is more story to her deportation,ordinary weaves can't get her deported. MODIFIED: A Custom friend,just told me that either she declared it for a friend,while in her interview she said she has no friend there or she took excess of it as per business things.
Coming on a student visa, you are not expected to do any other thing than to be in school at least for a whole year, and with the bank statement she must have presented to get the visa they don't expect her to hustle or anything like that. They flagged her cos she's a potential visa violator.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by zoedew: 10:05pm On May 06, 2018
The name of the game is FOCUS! Stay on course!! You are out of the race the moment you run on another’s track!!!! Moral of the story? Keep your focus. To do otherwise is to attract and help the much touted village curse!!!!
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by amanikondo: 11:44pm On May 06, 2018
jjbest123:
Some how.... The is more story to her deportation,ordinary weaves can't get her deported. MODIFIED: A Custom friend,just told me that either she declared it for a friend,while in her interview she said she has no friend there or she took excess of it as per business things.

On a text message, a lady coming to the US said "I will collect $50 for your hair if make it". She was deported. Which means she came to work not visit.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by tabithababy(f): 12:37am On May 07, 2018
clemzo101:
Do u watch border security at all?
Please where can I watch border security
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by TheCongo2: 12:46am On May 07, 2018
freedomchild:
It can o ... Any slightest mistake or error, you'll be sent back... The whites are always very careful especially when dealing with Africans and Arabs and they like ho nesty

Where in the article did you read it was a white immigration agent who decided to deport her? Seriously
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by clemzo101(m): 7:33am On May 07, 2018
CBS Reality. Channel 132 on DSTV
tabithababy:
Please where can I watch border security
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by obailala(m): 10:33am On May 07, 2018
makavel7:

What kind of nonsense laws?... Reading through the report, that was a very flimsy reason to turn back a genuine visitor at the point of entry. I've read of a similar story some years back but in the UK. A business man visiting for a meeting was asked at the point of entry if he had any friends or relatives in the UK and he replied 'NO'. Immigration guys took his phone, went through his contacts and found some UK numbers, one belonging to his inlaw which his call records proved he had called not long ago and thats how he was sent back. You might want to claim he was dishonest, but I'm sorry, that's a very flimsy reason to turn a person around cos the dishonesty allegation can be argued.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by sugarplumkaycee: 11:56am On May 07, 2018
she should have gotten there first nah then probably gotten those things later

Angelicka:
A twitter user shared this sad story of how a Lady who got admission to study in the U.S was deported back because of weaves.

See screenshot below:

http://www.royaloya.com/2018/05/nigerian-lady-gets-deported-from-us.html

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Obinoscopy Fynestboi
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Nobody: 9:30am On May 11, 2018
obailala:
What kind of nonsense laws?... Reading through the report, that was a very flimsy reason to turn back a genuine visitor at the point of entry. I've read of a similar story some years back but in the UK. A business man visiting for a meeting was asked at the point of entry if he had any friends or relatives in the UK and he replied 'NO'. Immigration guys took his phone, went through his contacts and found some UK numbers, one belonging to his inlaw which his call records proved he had called not long ago and thats how he was sent back. You might want to claim he was dishonest, but I'm sorry, that's a very flimsy reason to turn a person around cos the dishonesty allegation can be argued.

Please can you give me a very simple definition of Dishonesty Bro you are sounding like goodluck Jonathan "STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION " this is one of the major reasons why Nigeria is in the mess we find ourselves today. The average Nigerian always have an excuse to explain away and rationalise bad behavior or crime. Its just obvious that woman would violate the terms of her visa because she has already started to lie stupidly from the point of entry. Currently Canada is having a serious problem on their hands because of dihonest Nigerians who obtain a US visa and run to the canadian border to claim refugee status.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by obailala(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2018
makavel7:

Please can you give me a very simple definition of Dishonesty Bro you are sounding like goodluck Jonathan "STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION " this is one of the major reasons why Nigeria is in the mess we find ourselves today. The average Nigerian always have an excuse to explain away and rationalise bad behavior or crime. Its just obvious that woman would violate the terms of her visa because she has already started to lie stupidly from the point of entry. Currently Canada is having a serious problem on their hands because of dihonest Nigerians who obtain a US visa and run to the canadian border to claim refugee status.
Oga stop bragging like an infallible saint and judging people; a person might break a rule/law, but that doesn't necessarily make them criminals/lawbreakers; that I answer a question wrongly does not mean I am a dishonest person or I'm trying to be dishonest, there's a chance I probably didn't understand the intentions of your question. Besides, point of entry immigration questions are typically done in a very casual and friendly (not military interrogation) manner. So if you think I answered your question wrongly, the sensible thing to do is to try and establish why I did or give me room to explain before you label me 'dishonest' and turn me back.

Using myself as an example, I have some old friends and distant relatives in Canada who I haven't seen or spoken with for over 15 years. If tomorrow I'm visiting Canada (for say business) and at the point of entry I'm casually asked if I have friends or relatives in the country, my first instincts and most likely response would be 'no' simply because (1) I probably didn't even remember they existed (2) My purpose of visit had absolutely nothing to do with them and (3) I had absolutely no intentions of visiting or even contacting them. Yes there are plenty Nigerians soiling our name and image abroad, but under the above scenario, you have no right to label me 'dishonest' without understanding my intentions.

Back to the story of the girl, she simply did not understand the way the immigration laws work, that doesn't necessarily make her a bad or dishonest person with ulterior motives like you are claiming. There are hundreds of thousands of people who make very similar honest mistakes every day at the point of entry but who only get a caution and aren't turned back. Like I said before, if what we read is all there is to the case, then the person who sent her back was just a heartless discriminatory soul.
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 16, 2018
obailala:
Oga stop bragging like an infallible saint and judging people; a person might break a rule/law, but that doesn't necessarily make them criminals/lawbreakers; that I answer a question wrongly does not mean I am a dishonest person or I'm trying to be dishonest, there's a chance I probably didn't understand the intentions of your question. Besides, point of entry immigration questions are typically done in a very casual and friendly (not military interrogation) manner. So if you think I answered your question wrongly, the sensible thing to do is to try and establish why I did or give me room to explain before you label me 'dishonest' and turn me back.

Using myself as an example, I have some old friends and distant relatives in Canada who I haven't seen or spoken with for over 15 years. If tomorrow I'm visiting Canada (for say business) and at the point of entry I'm casually asked if I have friends or relatives in the country, my first instincts and most likely response would be 'no' simply because (1) I probably didn't even remember they existed (2) My purpose of visit had absolutely nothing to do with them and (3) I had absolutely no intentions of visiting or even contacting them. Yes there are plenty Nigerians soiling our name and image abroad, but under the above scenario, you have no right to label me 'dishonest' without understanding my intentions.

Back to the story of the girl, she simply did not understand the way the immigration laws work, that doesn't necessarily make her a bad or dishonest person with ulterior motives like you are claiming. There are hundreds of thousands of people who make very similar honest mistakes every day at the point of entry but who only get a caution and aren't turned back. Like I said before, if what we read is all there is to the case, then the person who sent her back was just a heartless discriminatory soul.

You got it all wrong bro, the lady was not sent back because of the box of weave she had on rather it was the lie she told at the embassy in Nigeria that was discovered by the immigration officer whilst questioning her about the box of weave at the US entry point. If that lie was discovered at the embassy in lagos, she would not be issued the visa in the first place.
At every US point of entry, the immigration officer has the full discretion to either stamp you in or send you back. He or she would ask you questions related to your visa and if you contradict yourself or are caught in an obvious lie, youll be joining the next plane back to your country. Thats their law and they owe you no apologies
Re: Nigerian Lady Gets Deported From The U.S Because Of Weaves by femijck(m): 2:51am On Nov 13, 2018
freedomchild:
It can o ... Any slightest mistake or error, you'll be sent back... The whites are always very careful especially when dealing with Africans and Arabs and they like honesty
And u believe they’re honest themselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / Nigerian Drug Convict Daniel Enemuo, 5 Others Executed In Indonesia - Pics / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.