Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God (12888 Views)

Sonmvayina, Do Not Speak So Arrogantly And Foolishly. / Meaning Of Isee And Amen: Why You Must Not Speak In Strange Languages / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by mvem(m): 9:48am On May 06, 2018
Psoul:

Bros, I'm not here to argue wt you. I'm not imposing my opinion on a "sane" man like u.

You are very much free to chose the path you wish to go.
..we are not free to choose path when we have a seige mentality and making the ignorant helpless

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Nobody: 9:54am On May 06, 2018
Omooba77:
It is common these days to see people making mockery of men of God due to one thing or the other. If you know the Bible; even when a man of God err, it is not appropriate for people to speak ill of them. Rather pray for them and leave them to God for judgement.
We can all learn from 2 Kings 2:23-25. Have a blessed Sunday.

It is not a sin to judge someone.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Nobody: 9:57am On May 06, 2018
And who made them MEN OF GOD? a title they ascribed to themselves,The apostles and disciples of the old were SERVANTS OF GOD, anyone that ascribe any title to himself and misbehave should be strongly reprimanded and if continued unrepresented should be thoroughly abused to bring him back to his senses. Men of God indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Cutehector(m): 10:00am On May 06, 2018
Who dash them men of God.. Self acclaimed titles is a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Nobody: 10:03am On May 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Op, I will try and understand what you r trying to say but lemme drop a few lines:

this is referring to real men of God that were called not god of men that called themselves right? I hate to cram so I might not know the exact bible verse but I’m sure the same Bible also said there would be a lot of fake pastors as the world comes to a near end.

Always be objective in your opinion, it’s like telling me I should respect and not speak ill of Revd King, a confirmed murderer.

Nor vex me this Sunday morning oh
well said,I love you.

Godbless d real men of God out there.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by AreaFada2: 10:10am On May 06, 2018
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Who be the clown posting this stuff this morning?

OP, e be like say abuse dey hungry you. shocked shocked

Some people don tear eye. More will as time goes on.

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Psoul(m): 10:25am On May 06, 2018
wyt:

Bro I am sorry to burst ur Bubble on luke 9:49. Those guys weren't using the name of Christ selfishly or personal gain.
Yes there are those who get true repentance from fake men of god but how many of them? And how many do they lead astray?
Don't you think it so many are going astray because of what they hear?
The main essence of Christianity is to make heaven anything short of this is something else.
How will u say they know how they reconcile with God after deceiving the flocks?
Put it this way, God called them to preach so that people might repent and make heaven, now they preach otherwise where many make hell and u say God will understand with them for leading His People astray?

My brother, i think there are so many misinterpretations and misunderstandings here.

First, I never said that those ppl I quoted in Luke were preaching for personal gains.
I only said that Christ already knew that many ppl will preach in His name for personal gains, not referring to those ppl above. If Christ had stopped them, it would have created so much issues for us today.

Secondly, I see that you ppl see me as saying that the so called men of God should be allowed to do whatever they want. I never said that. We should condemn every unholy act from them but we should not keep dragging the issue to an extent that we have condemned them entirely. As we are dragging the issue, other religion will be mocking us and start having little or no respect to our religion.

Do u think that the Islamic religion leaders don't fall out of the Quranic teachings? They do but you will hardly see the moslems crucifying their leaders like we do. There are ways the erring leader are bn punished or called back to order.

Lastly, wen i say that there is a way they reconcile wt their God, I really mean that. You may not be as close to God as they themselves are. They may err cos of the human side of them and u want to crucify them. They may go back to reconcile with God and God will forgive them and u that is not even innocent of the crime u are accusing the man of will keep fighting that man of God not knowing that he has already reconcilled with his God. God may even be angry wt u for that action of urs. God's judgement may be quite different from ours. Check out King David's life and his relationship wt God.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Fourwinds: 11:11am On May 06, 2018
Omooba77:
It is common these days to see people making mockery of men of God due to one thing or the other. If you know the Bible; even when a man of God err, it is not appropriate for people to speak ill of them. Rather pray for them and leave them to God for judgement.
OP if I slap you eennh, Oga Seun go hear the slap for sleep...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Segeshow: 11:14am On May 06, 2018
Psoul:

I can see you are a confused human being, spewing arrant nonsense,saying Muslims don't criticise their leaders so we should do the same. What kind of idiotic reasoning is that. When did Islam become a yardstick for Christianity to compare? Are u high?

My brother, i think there are so many misinterpretations and misunderstandings here.

First, I never said that those ppl I quoted in Luke were preaching for personal gains.
I only said that Christ already knew that many ppl will preach in His name for personal gains, not referring to those ppl above. If Christ had stopped them, it would have created so much issues for us today.

Secondly, I see that you ppl see me as saying that the so called men of God should be allowed to do whatever they want. I never said that. We should condemn every unholy act from them but we should not keep dragging the issue to an extent that we have condemned them entirely. As we are dragging the issue, other religion will be mocking us and start having little or no respect to our religion.

Do u think that the Islamic religion leaders don't fall out of the Quranic teachings? They do but you will hardly see the moslems crucifying their leaders like we do. There are ways the erring leader are bn punished or called back to order.

Lastly, wen i say that there is a way they reconcile wt their God, I really mean that. You may not be as close to God as they themselves are. They may err cos of the human side of them and u want to crucify them. They may go back to reconcile with God and God will forgive them and u that is not even innocent of the crime u are accusing the man of will keep fighting that man of God not knowing that he has already reconcilled with his God. God may even be angry wt u for that action of urs. God's judgement may be quite different from ours. Check out King David's life and his relationship wt God.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by lexy2014: 11:20am On May 06, 2018
sloopyy:
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm...Psalm 105:15

But they kept mocking the messengers of God, despising his words and scoffing at his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD rose against his people, until there was no remedy. 2 Chronicles 36:16

FTC! Happy Sunday folks
pls oga who is God's anointed and who isn't God's amounted? Pls give me d classification
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Segeshow: 11:36am On May 06, 2018
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. So criticism of their brazen hypocrisy has turned to harm? Please read a book and add a dictionary too! Rubbish. That's how in my undergrad years we had our student's association dinner at Unilag and Kris Okotie had a programme in an adjacent hall. He came to tell us we are making too much noise and we should be quiet. Someone stood up to him and told him off and he said the guy would die within 7 days. Bros is alive and well till today. Fake MOG. That bible verse applies to only real prophets and teachers,not pastorpreneurs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by ikorodureporta: 11:55am On May 06, 2018
Mtchew! When bible says we shld expose false prophets

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by real777(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2018
Lol even a Yahoo plus guy answer the name pastor. The name is a dirty name these days. If you allow a pastor scam or deceive you, you are a ram for not doing your due diligence. People perish in that shirhhole country for lack of knowledge, wisdom & understanding. Shine your eyes o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Omooba77: 12:41pm On May 06, 2018
KidsNEXTdoor:
Any pastor richer than his congregation is not of God...

He only used his congregation to emass earthly belongings....

Jesus Christ made us know that our reward is in heaven... Our mansions is in our Father's house
He went about doing good and healing the sick while on earth.... He had no donkey or pin to his name..
Jesus Christ never took tithe from anyone

Pentecostalism is the bane of Christain spiritual growth... It's just after material wealth for the pastors..

It will continue to make the people poor

Matthew 19:29
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Omooba77: 12:44pm On May 06, 2018
Fourwinds:
OP if I slap you eennh, Oga Seun go hear the slap for sleep...

Ok sir
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Omooba77: 12:45pm On May 06, 2018
AreaFada2:
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy Who be the clown posting this stuff this morning?
OP, e be like say abuse dey hungry you. shocked shocked
Some people don tear eye. More will as time goes on.
Ok sir
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Psoul(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2018
[quote author=Segeshow post=67323684][/quote]

Must ur opinion come wt insults. U have every right to ignore my opinion or argue reasonably, but I don't think u have the right to insult in making ur point. It makes u less human. Be wise.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Omooba77: 12:52pm On May 06, 2018
seunmsg:

Your God of men are not beyond reproach. We will continue to insult them as long as they keep scamming and deceiving gullible sheeples.

He that has hear, let him hear.....
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Yankee101: 1:36pm On May 06, 2018
Don't speak ill of any human, but never cover the truth for any man either

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Horus(m): 1:57pm On May 06, 2018
Omooba77:

Did you ever wonder why so many "men of God" have been involved in sex scandals, adultery and sexual misconduct?.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by lookingfly: 2:12pm On May 06, 2018
OboOlora:
Op, I will try and understand what you r trying to say but lemme drop a few lines:

this is referring to real men of God that were called not god of men that called themselves right? I hate to cram so I might not know the exact bible verse but I’m sure the same Bible also said there would be a lot of fake pastors as the world comes to a near end.

Always be objective in your opinion, it’s like telling me I should respect and not speak ill of Revd King, a confirmed murderer.

Nor vex me this Sunday morning oh
thank you jare..... help me ask them how to differentiate true men of God from fake once.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by mabea: 2:32pm On May 06, 2018
ibnchokomah:
Total bullshit. That's why this nation is where it is now. Let me see any so called man of God doing something stupid and see if I won't speak every ill I can think of. I'm sure if your pastor sleeps with your wife you'll close your mouth..
This nation is not where it is today sir because of pastors rather your sins have kept you where you are today.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by babypipsy: 2:46pm On May 06, 2018
The Scripture you quoted in Psalm 105 was not referring to "men of God" only, it was referring to the entire children of Israel. Please read a few verses before that. Thanks

sloopyy:
Touch not my anointed and do my prophets no harm...Psalm 105:15

But they kept mocking the messengers of God, despising his words and scoffing at his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD rose against his people, until there was no remedy. 2 Chronicles 36:16

FTC! Happy Sunday folks
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Tundeobama(m): 3:05pm On May 06, 2018
Temple1288:
So if they pay taxes to the government of the Republic of Albania, yet they reject such policy in Nigeria--- shouldn't I criticize them?

Africa (Black Africa), especially Nigeria has and possess the worst set of criminals (fraudsters) putting on tie and suit. Rubbish!

Oyedepo built a 50,000 seat capacity church and the other one in Porthacourt is planning to build a 90,000 seat capacity church. They are doing all these with these goals 'TO STEAL FROM PEOPLE, TO RENDER PEOPLE USELESS, AND TO CONTINUE TO MAKE PEOPLE POOR'
All this your rant online won't do anything people who contributed for church growth is because they can afford it.you can't give what you don't have.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Temple1288(m): 3:19pm On May 06, 2018
Tundeobama:

All this your rant online won't do anything people who contributed for church growth is because they can afford it.you can't give what you don't have.

Oh OK! You seem to be a fraudster on tie and suit..
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by paulpery: 9:01pm On May 06, 2018
It good to expose them as jesus did to the religious leaders of his day, the pharisee and saducees. Most clergy of christendom are fraudsters.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by kolawoleibukun: 9:11pm On May 06, 2018
who gave them that title? who call them men of God? when and how? they are god of scams. not men of God. any pastor who is a celebrity is a thief. don't ever believe them. I don see tire. all dem na ashewo and scammers
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by kolawoleibukun: 9:13pm On May 06, 2018
paulpery:
It good to expose them as jesus did to the religious leaders of his day, the pharisee and saducees. Most clergy of christendom are fraudsters.
guy no dull oh. expose the criminals. them day use that fear day attack people make people no talk. they are not men of God at all. they are scammers and Pharisees. imagine oyakhilome way day phork sinach and the wife catch am na dem day cal man of God? how na? all these Pentecostals na evil. they need to be flushed out. scammers
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by ibnchokomah(m): 9:22pm On May 06, 2018
mabea:
This nation is not where it is today sir because of pastors rather your sins have kept you where you are today.
Don't be stupid..
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by mabea: 9:46pm On May 06, 2018
ibnchokomah:
Don't be stupid..
Yes sir, though the statement was not directed to your person but the nation.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by ibnchokomah(m): 10:01pm On May 06, 2018
mabea:
Yes sir, though the statement was not directed to your person but the nation.
what sins exactly? The same sins that the likes of Norway or Switzerland don't commit? Sins my foot.
Re: Why You Must Not Speak Ill Of Men Of God by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 06, 2018
Omooba77:

That is, if they are actually men of God. You cannot come and claim to be man of God, and automatically become such.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Is My God-given Husband? / Daily Devotional (A Gathering Of Eagles) / 8 Reasons Why Obedience To God Is Very Important

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.