Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:50 PM

N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri (37985 Views)

EFCC Chair: Buhari To Re-present Magu To Senate For Confirmation / Maina Scandal: Ex-efcc Chair, Ex-igp, 2 Heads Of Service Implicated / EFCC Chair, Magu, Gets Global Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by EdoBoy90(m): 1:27pm On May 06, 2018
Jointhemiltons2:

Am very sure about that. 24bili on complex.which materials them dey use and how big is the building abi they are also planning on building prisons inside

Come to Abuja and see by yourself. I have been there. That complex is big. It has underground. More ten storeys building... I can't get the exact storeys building but it is big.

It is bigger than Cinema that is Silver Bird even NCC building

2 Likes

Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by EdoBoy90(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2018
KingLennon:

You can't compare the two. Stadium generates revenue for the government and stadium creates job opportunites. Wat will the EFCC building do?

Which revenue? For where and at where? Your nation stadium now grass full am

1 Like

Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by KingLennon(m): 1:43pm On May 06, 2018
EdoBoy90:

Which revenue? For where and at where? Your nation stadium now grass full am
But before grass full am am sure it generated a lot of money. Atleast from ticket sales and competitions held. I don't still support that EFCC building bro let's leave it there...
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by Automatic3444(m): 2:12pm On May 06, 2018
Yaradua and Goodluck are the best president so far they where so proactive, intelligent and humanitarian. Like for yes share for no..
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by deji17: 2:19pm On May 06, 2018
lakesider:

As a sensible person ... It makes sense to do a little bit of investigation before making comment like this

Are Nigerians the most stupid people on the planet.

Not many Nigerians. Only a few but very loud wailers.
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by jamace(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2018
lakesider:

As a sensible person ... It makes sense to do a little bit of investigation before making comment like this

Are Nigerians the most stupid people on the planet.
You should have convinced me and other stupid Nigerians with your own investigation, that the contract wasn't super inflated. You talk like a beneficiary. God is watching you.
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by Krisddon: 2:39pm On May 06, 2018
deji17:
Projects initiated by OBJ were abandoned by Yar Adua /GEJ due to their short sightedness. That is people from the same party o...
"This is people"? I no know why Buhari supporters bad gan for English. Kai!
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by deji17: 3:07pm On May 06, 2018
Krisddon:

"This is people"? I no know why Buhari supporters bad gan for English. Kai!

This is people??
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by Ruth73(f): 3:32pm On May 06, 2018
Hmmmmm God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 06, 2018
The project initiated by PDP administration has been completed by contractors that won the contract.

PDP administration had already budgeted funds for this project to be completed this year as contract agreement.

Shame on that woman for not mentioning whose administration approved for the project in the first place.
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 06, 2018
EdoBoy90:

Come to Abuja and see by yourself. I have been there. That complex is big. It has underground. More ten storeys building... I can't get the exact storeys building but it is big.

It is bigger than Cinema that is Silver Bird even NCC building
Do you say "it has underground?" Hmm. That must be political opponents prison.
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 06, 2018
24 BILLION FOR ONE BUILDING?
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by badesco(m): 5:59pm On May 06, 2018
When the yeye olosho dey there, wetin show do? Nothing but buying of gold and necklaces.
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by lottomkyes200: 6:03pm On May 06, 2018
okay we wait to hear what will follow
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by MIKOLOWISKA: 6:28am On May 07, 2018
DaBillionnaire:

do you really think this Country can get better embarassed
if we still being lazy
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by SirBunky85(m): 8:22pm On May 07, 2018
DaBillionnaire:

do you really think this Country can get better embarassed
u can get worse if u so wish but nigeria will be better
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by SirBunky85(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2018
Olalan:
Am so sure the cost of that building would have been over inflated
why not commend and move on?must u always find fault and be bitter?nawao
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by SirBunky85(m): 8:25pm On May 07, 2018
Lordave:
Shat of your kwarrapt stinking mouth!
Dan banza kawai! angry
typical response from a bitter cum empty scum
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by ANOWEDGREAT: 9:33pm On May 07, 2018
deji17:
N24b office complex: Magu shocked me, says ex-EFCC chair Waziri

Posted By: Yusuf Alli On: May 6, 2018

A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs. Farida Waziri, has expressed joy at the completion of the N24billion office of the commission in Abuja.

Waziri who initiated the project during her tenure said yesterday that she was pleasantly shocked by the ability of the acting chairman of the anti-graft agency, Mr. Ibrahim Magu to bring the plan to fruition.

Magu, according to her, has shown example of why continuity is necessary in governance in Nigeria.

Speaking during a visit to the 10-storey complex, Mrs. Waziri said: “My first reaction was that of shock and excitement.

“Shock, because when we went to lay the foundation stone, it was total bush that was there. There was no single building in that area and we had a lot of canopies. This edifice standing is so beautiful.

“I have not been to Trump Tower but it looks like Trump Tower to me.

“Somebody asked me: Is that EFCC headquarters? He said he thought it was an oil company and I said no, it is EFCC headquarters.

“So I was so happy and I felt so proud that I thought about the project. And also I didn’t just think about it but I took positive steps to initiate it.”

Waziri said if successive administrations in the country could embrace continuity like President Muhammadu Buhari’s government has done, Nigeria would be better off.

She added: “I had the vision and I will say Magu actualized it and that is how it should be in a country like Nigeria. There should be continuity in government. It should not be that when someone starts something, you come in and because you didn’t start it, you trample on it and say it is not good enough.

“It is happening every day in our life and in this country especially at state levels. A governor comes up with a project, another will dismantle it.”

The EFCC on Thursday had a test-run management meeting at the complex ahead of its inauguration by President Buhari.j

Waziri initiated the project as a result of congestion at the present headquarters of the agency in Wuse II, Abuja.

Following a memo presented by a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Mr. Yayale Ahmed, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) on November 24, 2010 approved N18b for the construction of the new 10-Storey building to house the Headquarters of the EFCC.

It was gathered that a poor timeline for the release of funds delayed the completion of the project leading to a variation of the contract sum by the construction giant, Julius Berger Plc.

Speaking with our correspondent, EFCC Acting Chairman, Magu said he was “excited that the new headquarters is ready for use.”

He added: “The Federal Government has spent over N24billion to build. But I will later crosscheck to give you the exact figure.

“I thank Mr. President for according this project a priority. It is part of his commitment to the anti-graft war. This is a legacy project which many generations will be proud of.

“No leader in Africa has provided a conducive environment for an anti-corruption agency like President Buhari has done.

“We have also received support from ministers and all MDAs on release of funds and putting necessary infrastructure in place. “This commission is grateful to the National Assembly for their interest in the project. Many of these leaders including Speaker Yakubu Dogara, the Deputy Senate President, Dr. Ike Ekweremadu, the chairmen and members of all the committees on anti-corruption had always visited the site to monitor the progress of work. It shows that if we are determined, we can all be on the same page in this war against corruption. It is not a personal thing at all.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/n24b-office-complex-magu-shocked-me-says-ex-efcc-chair-waziri/

Our oil money how many of this kind of edifice can you be able to find in the Niger Delta?
Re: N24b Office Complex: Magu Shocked Me, Says Ex-efcc Chair Waziri by eddyghali(m): 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=Fukafuka post=67323129][/quote] your head there

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers PDP Storms INEC Office With Native Doctor, Fetish Items / Army Withdraws Security From Akwa Ibom Government House, Governor Udom Cries / Taskforce Raid Okorocha’s Daughter’s Shopping Complex, Scores Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.