Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:01 AM

The New Sultan Of Sokoto - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Sultan Of Sokoto (2503 Views)

Gov Fayose welcomes Sultan of Sokoto to Ekiti state (photos) / Photos Of Sokoto Residents On The Streets With Brooms, Shovels Over N1m Prize / 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Sultan Of Sokoto by naijaking1: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2009
mccloud224:

All these useless entities wey just dey waste resources.Wetin d honorable he-goat don contribute to the well being of im people not to talk of Nigerians?Yeye dey smell.

That reminds me of the sacred cows and goats roaming all over Nigeria. Have you ever eaten sacred goat meat?----it tastes real good.
Like the Americans would say" sacred cows make the best hamburgers"
Re: The New Sultan Of Sokoto by mccloud224(m): 1:57am On Jul 25, 2009
@generalzango

Na dirty people like una dey cover shit with silk.You are so quick to talk about his C.V and all that bullshit.What has that got to do with improving the state of the nation?Is it not people with multiple Phd's that are ruining this country?Nobody can talk to them because they are the most "educated".Maurice Iwu has some decent education.Does that make his actions during elections right?Iyabo Obasanjo is well educated.Does that give her the right to embezzle N35 billion (amongst other scams) simply because she is educated?IBB retired as a general and he is always well read.Does that make him a saint?What the hell are you talking about man?Do you think with your head or your ass?

All these decorated he-goats are just a waste of resources (because they are heavily paid from the government coffers) and they contribute nothing except provide the support of their people during elections to keep their "benefactors" in power.Try and see things beyond your nose.Nonsense.
Re: The New Sultan Of Sokoto by mccloud224(m): 2:07am On Jul 25, 2009
the sultan as a ROYAL FATHER is referred to as "Your Majesty" & not "Honorable",& he morethan qualified to speak on any issue (National & International ). His C.V will educate you more

@generalzango

Na illiterates like you dey kill this country.His majesty my dirty black ass.It's people like him who are "more qualified to speak on any issue" that are ruining this country.It's because of their "indepth knowledge of world affairs" that we are importing everything from fuel to matches.Soon we will be importing water from Eygpt.It's your "royal" idiotic buffoons that are importing generators en masse because they are determined to make sure the country has no light and they are the ones profiting from it (ask for confirmation from the wife of one an educated royal father who was the last vice president of this geopolitical joke called nigeria).

Your comment alone speaks of the kind of "knowledge" his "royal ASSmesty" has bestowed on you.Foolish he-goat.
Re: The New Sultan Of Sokoto by Beaf: 3:06am On Jul 25, 2009
Focust:

Who in Africa does not know that it is not in our tradition even in the stone ages to cast aspersions on elders?
I beg to disagree. Criticism is not rudeness or "casting aspersion". Traditional rulers aren't deity's and have no say, either in politics or outside their realms.

Focust:

Like any educated person, he knows that there is nothing Islamic about the texts. What was written was simply the denominations of the Naira amount in Hausa using arabic texts. By removing them from the currency, the Govt. merely succeded in adding to the confusion on millions of nigerians who somehow relied on those hausa arabic text to be able to know the amount. How come no one is making any noise about the motto of Nigerian Army which is clearly islamic and written in arabic texts, 'victory in the name of Allah?' Why did they not change it say 'victory in the name of Jesus?'
That is news to me and I am educated. Not being able to read Arabic, I always thought it was Islamic and wondered why it was on the national currency. You know why it was suspicious? English, not Arabic is our national language. Having Arabic inscriptions on official tender speaks of an Islamic influence.
As for those who can no longer tell the Naira denominations, because Arabic is gone from the notes; a little education will help and go a long way toward cementing relations between North and South.

Focust:

The truth of the matter is that all those mudane things do not matter in any nation striving to grow. Does it mean that because the Govt. has refused to recognise the Islamic calendar i should stop going to work on Friday alongside other Muslims in the Arab countries? Should i turn down medical attention from the Red Cross just because they have a CROSS as their symbol?
Being from the Niger Delta, it is especially easy to perceive the army fighting under the motto, "victory in the name of Allah" (in Arabic) is totally allienated from people who are non-religious, Christians or animists (most of Southern Nigeria).
Perhaps, that is why there have been countless slaughters, such as the wiping out of Odi.
It is an Islamic army with no bearing on non-Muslims.

Focust:

I personally believe in the Nigerian dream but to be honest anytime i read 'stone-age' comments like the ones expressed some of the writers, i pray to God to hasten the peaceful dissolution of this country so that we all can go our seperate ways with our dignity intact.

God bless Nigeria, for now! 
I believe you have spoken candidly from your viewpoint. God bless your maturity, same goes to Abdkabir.
Re: The New Sultan Of Sokoto by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2023
Afam:
And what is the truth if I may ask?

That arabic inscriptions should have not been removed from the naira?

That INEC should allow Atiku (someone already indicted by an administrative panel of inquiry) to run?

Please tell us the truth so we can learn from you.

This is 2023, how have things turned for the people on this thread?

What was the outcome of the 2007 elections and we're you satisfied with how everything went down, including the fact that the eventual winner himself admitted that the elections were flawed?
Re: The New Sultan Of Sokoto by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:29am On Dec 08, 2023
shango:
why stop at Arabic notes? Hell we should have a mosque in every state. And instutute Sharia Law so we Nigerians stop living like Kufi Infidels. Maybe then the almighty Emir and Sultan will be appeased.

The problem with Nigeria is that it shouldnt even be a country. Most people would laugh if you wanted to make India and Saudi Arabia one big country for example, or Turkey and China. There is a reason every Nation that works on this planet has a uniform culture, religion and majority tribe. I mean a Sultan making the freaking news and making political commentary? Are in in the 1500s?

Na wa for Naija.

As in 1950, as in 1962, as in 1966, as in 1992, as in 1999 and 2007, same as in 2023.

A people that never learn and evolve.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Obasanjo And Atiku Indicted For Corruption / Governor Lamido Releases His Prisoner After Chains Of Insults And Curses. / Why President Jonathan Cannot Lead .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.