Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

You Too Can Decree As Joshua - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Too Can Decree As Joshua (401 Views)

When Pastor's Prophecy/decree Don't Come To Pass, Do You Get Back To The Pastor? / Job 22:28: Did God Tell Us To Decree And Declare When We Pray? / I Decree. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Too Can Decree As Joshua by bummyla(m): 7:01am On May 07, 2018
Memory Verse:
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee and the light shall shine upon thy ways.
Job 22:28

Text:
Joshua 10:12-14
On the day the Lord gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the Lord in the presence of Israel:

“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
And you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.”
13 So the sun stood still,
And the moon stopped,
Till the nation avenged itself on[a] its enemies,

As it is written in the Book of Jashar.

The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. 14 There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!

Isaiah 45:11
Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

1 Kings 17:1
Now Elijah the Tishbite, from Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, "As the LORD, the God of Israel, lives, whom I serve, there will be neither dew nor rain in the next few years except at my word."

James 5:17
Elijah was a human being, even as we are. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years.

Introduction:
A decree is a legal statement or declaration issued by an authority. Decrees are usually issued by courts or by constituted authority. In the story of Joshua read above, Joshua as a man of God linked up with authority of heaven to declare or command the sun and moon and they obeyed him.

Likewise, as children of the Almighty, we can approach heaven and draw authority too decree concerning any of God’s creation or situations we come across.
Isaiah 45:11
"This is what the LORD says-- the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?

However, like the physical court, not everybody is qualified to effectively declare or sign a decree, we shall therefore look at what it takes to be able to effectively issue a decree.

What It Takes To Issue/Declare A Decree.

1. You Must Be Born Again. You Must Have A Relationship With God.
John 3:3
Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again

2. You Must Live Holy And Stay Clear Of Sin.
1 Peter 1:15-16
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.

3. You Must Not Work In Rebellion Against The Church Authority For Your Decree To Work. Amos 3:3
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Romans 13:1-7
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

4. You Must Serve God With Passion.
Deuteronomy 10:12
And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul,

5. You Must Be Humble For God Resists The Proud.
1 Peter 5:5
In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”

6. You Must Remain Faithful In Each Assignment Given To You.
Matthew 25:21
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’

7. When Your Obedience Is Complete Or Total.
2 Corinthians 10:6
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

8. You Must Embrace A Strong Prayer Life.
1 Thessalonian 5:17
Pray continually

9. You Must Empower Your Prayers With Fasting Regularly.
Mark 9:29
So He said to them, “This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.

Conclusion:
Our God The Almighty rules by decrees and He made us in His image, therefore we have heaven’s mandate to be able to decree concerning anything on earth and it shall be done accordingly.
Matthew 18:18-19
“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be[a] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[b] loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.

https://bummyla.com/2018/05/07/you-too-can-decree-as-joshua/

(1) (Reply)

Bible Stories (47): Jacob Returns To Bethel / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/06/18 / Church Sends Delinquent Notice To Member For Unpaid Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.