Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (87324 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks To Fence 100 By 100 / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 9:13pm On Jan 24, 2019
We would also be uploading designs here occasionally while treating extensively the subject matter for people who might have design request.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2019
Let somebody say Yeeeeeeeeeee Yeeeeeeeeeee.

Drop your design request.

Our Touches Are Always Royal.

shocked shocked

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2019
This is another Exotic Duplex.

Get busy with this classical designs before we put a finishing touch to the subject matter.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Mogee567: 10:44am On Feb 02, 2020
Great work here EngrOYemi... I was following the thread in respect to block calculations for projects and all that and it just happened to be a situation I am dealing with. Would you please send me your email so that I can send my plan so as to help me with quantity survey in respect to my project.
Regards
Mogee567

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 11:28pm On Feb 02, 2020
Mogee567:
Great work here EngrOYemi... I was following the thread in respect to block calculations for projects and all that and it just happened to be a situation I am dealing with. Would you please send me your email so that I can send my plan so as to help me with quantity survey in respect to my project.
Regards
Mogee567

Thank you for the appreciation. You can however get the email directly from our signature.

If not, kindly let me know.

e: engroyem@yahoo.com
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by sylve11: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good thread @ op cool
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by ikechialex1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Interesting
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Olarewaju89: 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
OK
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by ojobek: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Engryemi,I do appreciate the good work you are doing,but my concern is that,I don't think it is proper to assume bond is part of block,10% waste will take care of whatever shortfall that might arise along the line then you calculate mortar for joining (bond) separately.My observation though,thank.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by nams77: 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
EngrOYemi:

Thank you for following us.
Just stumbled on this thread. I go carry biro and book take better lecture today

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Customtest: 11:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by alizma: 1:18am On Aug 17, 2020
Good job

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Edipee(m): 11:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Great job, EngrOyemi. I will mail you my survey plan to help calculate the number of blocks. Etc

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by manTEA: 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2020
EngrOYemi:
Example 2.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2020
Edipee:
Great job, EngrOyemi. I will mail you my survey plan to help calculate the number of blocks. Etc

Okay. Thank you.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
ojobek:
Engryemi,I do appreciate the good work you are doing,but my concern is that,I don't think it is proper to assume bond is part of block,10% waste will take care of whatever shortfall that might arise along the line then you calculate mortar for joining (bond) separately.My observation though,thank.

Thank you for your observations sir. Am just seeing your concerns and contributions.
When calculating your total numbers of block needed, two options are widely in use:
1.) The linear meter method of calculation
2.) The square meter(sqm) method of calculation.
Choosing any of the above options, the bonding must also be considered and can not be seen as negligible or overlooked. While calculating surfaces or coverings, nothing is to be overlooked.

If you check the expository write-ups well, there was a section where I spelt it out that 10% must be added to the overall numbers of blocks because of breakages and cuttings.
Kindly go through examples 1 & 2 and you will understand better.

Please Note: Bonding is not negligible and must be considered. In big projects, the mortal to be used for block bondings comes up in another major sub-section.

Thank you for your contributions sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 10:22pm On Sep 02, 2020
alizma:
Good job

Thank you.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Canme4u(m): 7:03pm On Sep 14, 2020
Well done sir.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
Canme4u:
Well done sir.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Asquare2020: 10:31pm On Oct 02, 2020
EngrOYemi:
Picture 3.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by akhaliru: 7:02am On Dec 04, 2020
EngrOYemi:
This is another Exotic Duplex.

Get busy with this classical designs before we put a finishing touch to the subject matter.

Engr. How many bedroom duplex is this?

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2020
akhaliru:

Engr. How many bedroom duplex is this?

This is a 4 Bedroom duplex. We have one of this lookalike exterior that is 5bedroom duplex.

Thanks. You can WhatsApp me for details.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by ThegreatDon: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2020
EngrOYemi:
Since we know the total length of all the walls already, therefore it's important to know the Total Area :

The average height of most floors (levels) of building is 3m. But for this context, we are using the height of 3.45m.
Recall Area = L X B = L X H
: Since the L = 91.3m and H = 3.45m
: The Total Area of wall = 91.3m X 3.45m
= 314.985Sqm = 315sqm.

At this stage, we will make some assumptions. Some people called complaining that the floor plan is not so clear and to read the dimensions was challenging. I guess the image was too heavy and the quality was altered by nairaland server.
Let’s assume we have 12 big windows with the dimension 1200mm by 1500mm, 5 Small Toilet windows with dimensions 600mm by 600mm, and 10 doors assuming all the doors have the dimension of 900mm by 2100mm.
Big Window = 1200mm X 1500mm = 1.2m X 1.5m = 1.8sqm
Total Sqm of big windows = 1.8m X 12 = 21.6Sqm
Small windows = 600mm X 600mm = 0.36sqm
Total Sqm of small windows = 0.36m X 5 = 1.8sqm
Doors = 900mm X 2100mm = 1.89Sqm
Total Sqm of Doors = 1.89m X 10 = 18.9sqm
Total Sqm of openings = 21.6sqm + 1.8Ssqm + 18.9sqm = 42.3sqm
Total Sqm of block area = Area of Total Wall – Openings
= 315sqm – 42.3sqm = 272.7 = 273Sqm.
Numbers of blocks = 273/0.12(area of a block) = 2,275Blocks.
Add 10% for cuttings and breakages = 2275 + 228 = 2503 Blocks.
Answer = 2503 Blocks

Remember to use same method to calculate for the numbers of blocks for Strip Foundation but if your Foundation Design type is raft, no need.

Thanks For your time Engr.

The above example you just solved is for calculating no of block for ground floor right? What happens to the first floor and subsequent floors?
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Perfecttouchade: 2:56am On Dec 10, 2020
Great job here sir..We are your plug for a quality delivery of Aluminium windows, doors and Railings..consult us on 08153665659whatsapp. Thanks
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by EngrOYemi: 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
ThegreatDon:

Thanks For your time Engr.

The above example you just solved is for calculating no of block for ground floor right? What happens to the first floor and subsequent floors?

Thank you for getting in touch.

This method is not restricted to a particular floor, or special type of building.

Follow the step as it is applicable to all.

Contact a professional cost expert or Quantity Surveyor for multistorey structures.

Thank you once again.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Lifebender(m): 9:35am On Dec 27, 2020
EngrOYemi:

Thank you Sir.
We hope to do more but our schedule has really been tight.

EngrOYemi, thanks for your info sir.
I would love to ask,in bathroom floor construction,do you give it a step down or step up?i.e higher that the room or lower.
Now,I once worked with this guys that steps bathroom floor down when casting.However,the few houses I've lived in,their floors were stepped up.
So what's the pros and cons pls.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Lifebender(m): 9:36am On Dec 27, 2020
Lifebender:

EngrOYemi, thanks for your info sir.
I would love to ask,in bathroom floor construction,do you give it a step down or step up?i.e higher that the room or lower.
Now,I once worked with this guy that steps bathroom floor down when casting.However,the few houses I've lived in,their floors were stepped up.
So what's the pros and cons pls.
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Glendaokafor: 4:10pm On Feb 17, 2021
Engr. Yemi thank you so much, your lectures made my day.. Pls sir, what of the calculation of the quantity of cement needed. you promised to teach how we can calculate for cement. Thank you and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by saaliisuu: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Good afternoon sir I have been following everything from the onset up till date, May God in his infinite mercy bless you sir
I am waiting patiently for cement quantification sir

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by MostSoughtAfte(f): 4:11am On Mar 22, 2021
Following

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by Erums(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2021
Still waiting for you mmyemi
Re: How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. by KingHarry3: 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
Engr , I just stumbled into this post and it's very informative, my question is , the calculation is it from foundation or from dPC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abuja Man Selling His House For N1.6trillion (photo) / Most Current Promotional Prices For Top Quality New Zealand Stone Coated Roof / Inside Donald Trump's Multi-Million Dollar Mansions (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.